Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh man, i am thoroughly grossed out. i decided to clean out the shed in the back yard today, and found that some little beastie has been living in there, eating the apples from the tree and crapping all over everything.

i think i'll use the pressure washer connected to the hot water heater to wash off.

oh man, i am thoroughly grossed out. i decided to clean out the shed in the back yard today, and found that some little beastie has been living in there, eating the apples from the tree and crapping all over everything.

i think i'll use the pressure washer connected to the hot water heater to wash off.
Use cold water for the first go, to remove the worst of it. You don't want to heat that up and increase the smell. You can always go over it with hot water later. Oh yeah, hot water sets stuff like that.

lol, using the pressure washer the neighbors might be more concerned with the screams rather than the nudity. :rolleyes:

lol, using the pressure washer the neighbors might be more concerned with the screams rather than the nudity. :rolleyes:
That's true, but it could be fun:ROFLMAO: Keep lookin over your shoulder and the holes in the fence!!!
kades

Boss is highly upset. I got pulled from my regular job for the duration to help with getting the facility up and running on our Electronic Medication/Treatment Records (E-MAR/E-TAR). I am the only person in the entire facility who is capable of getting more than two done in an 8 hour period with 97% accuracy.

So now I am in trouble again because I am doing a good job...I give up. Sometime I wish I was just cashiering or cooking again.

Boss is highly upset. I got pulled from my regular job for the duration to help with getting the facility up and running on our Electronic Medication/Treatment Records (E-MAR/E-TAR). I am the only person in the entire facility who is capable of getting more than two done in an 8 hour period with 97% accuracy.

So now I am in trouble again because I am doing a good job...I give up. Sometime I wish I was just cashiering or cooking again.
You are an awesome nurse. It is who you are, what you have worked so hard to be. You were pulled off your job because you are good at something - not your fault. They are not really mad at you, or because you are doing a good job. They are frustrated because they need you too. Just keep doing what you are told to best you can (which I know is incredible! :)).

Besides bosses at cashiering and cooking jobs are just as bad! ;)

My house and I both need to vent.
Our sewage pump which controls sewage from the lower level of our home went out the other night which caused the tank to overflow, seeping raw sewage over the concrete floor of the utility room. This raw seepage created a major stinker, the odor permeating through the entire house.
I immediately started pumping the raw sewage out of the tank using a secondary pump out into my back yard. (plants needed some fertilization anyway.. :LOL: )
I washed everything down, took a shower, and woke up the next morning with huge, swollen ears! I must have come in contact with the dirty water or breathed enough stench to cause this allergic reaction.
So I went to work with huge, swollen, elephant ears that day, which was yesterday. And yes, I was made fun of... :LOL:
Meanwhile, I did not want to replace that pump with the same crappy unit from Home Depot. This was the third pump I've replaced in the last dozen years or so. Anyway, I found an on-line retailer which sells a better unit at a great price so I ordered it. Then, shortly after, I get a call from them telling me that the unit is out of stock and I should be getting it in about 10 days. I told them I didn't mind and wanted the pump anyway. The bathroom at the lower level will be out of commission for the next few days, but that's ok.....we rarely go down stairs and use that bathroom. I know that sounds weird, but the house being situated on a hillside, our upper level of the house is our main level, at street level. Sewage only from the lower level needs to be pumped up to street level.
My ears are semi-swollen today. And I'm not looking forward to installing the new Zoeller pump in the next few days but it has to be done.

Last edited:
That qualifies as really bad news. Sorry you have to deal with this. At least you have an alternative where you can still flush with pride.

Our sewage pump which controls sewage from the lower level of our home went out the other night which caused the tank to overflow, seeping raw sewage over the concrete floor of the utility room. This raw seepage created a major stinker, the odor permeating through the entire house.
I immediately started pumping the raw sewage out of the tank using a secondary pump out into my back yard. (plants needed some fertilization anyway.. :LOL: )
I washed everything down, took a shower, and woke up the next morning with huge, swollen ears! I must have come in contact with the dirty water or breathed enough stench to cause this allergic reaction.
So I went to work with huge, swollen, elephant ears that day, which was yesterday. :LOL:
Meanwhile, I did not want to replace that pump with the same crappy unit from Home Depot. This was the third pump I've replaced in the last dozen years or so. Anyway, I found an on-line retailer which sells a better unit at a great price so I ordered it. Then, shortly after, I get a call from them telling me that the unit is out of stock and I should be getting it in about 10 days. I told them I didn't mind and wanted the pump anyway. The bathroom at the lower level will be out of commission for the next few days, but that's ok.....we rarely go down stairs and use that bathroom. I know that sounds weird, but the house being situated on a hillside, our upper level of the house is our main level, at street level. Sewage only from the lower level needs to be pumped up to street level.
My ears are semi-swollen today. And I'm not looking forward to installing the new Zoeller pump in the next few days but it has to be done.

OUCH!
I'm so sorry!
I don't know what is the best remedy for taking in all that bacteria. If it's an allergic reaction (not a bacterial reaction), have you tried benadryl?

Last year I was in the ER for a heart attack. I am allergic to heparin. That system you are going to work on, was in place, but only the previous version. It was possible to over ride the program. And that is what the doctor did. When he was prescribing for me, he put in heparin. It came up on the screen in flashing red, but he did an over ride. My middle son was with me. He saw the nurse put the bag of heparin on the IV pole. He asked me, "Ma aren't you allergic to heparin?". A nurse who was standing near me heard him and rushed over and removed the bag.

Two weeks later the hospital called me and asked me to attend a meeting. I went with my son the PA and the doctor was there, the President of the hospital, the Director of the ER, and a member of the Board of the hospital. As a result of that meeting, it was decided that the doctor would be given additional training in pharmacology, and the company that developed the computer program would redesign it so that you can't over ride it. The company also notified every hospital and medical facility that had thier progrm in place that a newer version was going to be sent to them free of charge.

I was happy with the outcome of the meeting. I know they were afraid that I was going to sue. But that is not my nature.

The doctor at the time of the HA had an attitude of 'I am busy, don't bother me.' When I was in great pain from the HA that was occurring right at that moment, he looked at me, told the nurse I will be there in a couple of minutes. Thank heavens for the nurse. She rushed me right up to the cath lab. The doctor was still playing with the computer. For that he received some punishment. I didn't pursue it. I was happy knowing that they did acknowledge his failures. He forgot "I Will Do No Harm". :angel:

roadfix said:
So I went to work with huge, swollen, elephant ears that day, which was yesterday. And yes, I was made fun of... :LOL:

Oh, the joys of being a home owner... That is one type of situation where I'm glad I can just call the landlord. Yuck! Good luck with the allergy/infection situation.

I don't mind getting real dirty doing plumbing, but dealing with raw sewage is another thing. But to save money not hiring a plumber to do this, I've got no choice.
I'm also installing an alarm so spillage will not happen again, if and when the pumps fails again.

I don't mind getting real dirty doing plumbing, but dealing with raw sewage is another thing. But to save money not hiring a plumber to do this, I've got no choice.
I'm also installing an alarm so spillage will not happen again, if and when the pumps fails again.

The alarm sounds like a great idea. Good thinking!

Back
Top Bottom