Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might have been the whitewater rafting. I was paddling pretty hard. Could be just life in general. I hurt this elbow in a restraint a few years ago.

I'm starting school on the 27th, and the wireless network card on my 10 yr old laptop decided to quit working. I decided it's not worth fixing, as I've been having issues lately with errors, and corrupted files. I think my hard drive will fail me next. Anyway, I found a great deal on a used laptop for $250. It was new in march, and is the same brand, but all the specs are about 3 times bigger/faster than my current dinosaur. Plus it is a 13.3" screen, which will be nice and light, and great for carrying to and from school. So my bf says, "What?? You're going to spend $250 on a computer right now?? We have about ten laptops sitting in the back at work because no one knows anything about computers and I bet you could pick one up for about $50." Um yeah. Nobody there knows anything about computers and I want to buy their garbage??? NO THANK YOU!!!! Does he really not know how little money I spend to have the cash to go buy it??? I know his spending hasn't changed since money has been tight for the last few months. I don't want to get into a discussion about it right now because our room mate is sitting right here...

Just have to vent, so I can let it go. We have a wedding to go to this evening. #1 son and DIL and grandsons will be going to the same wedding. They live a three hour drive from here and the wedding is in this area. They came up early to go school shopping. Well...I had invited them to come for Sunday dinner at 3:00 since the wedding is at 6:00. At 2:00 I got a text from my son saying that they were still shopping and would probably not make it for dinner! He didn't even call. He texted!!! I texted him back, "Your loss." we have been smoking ribs all morning. I have Mac and cheese in the oven. It will still be great, but I am mad. I know I need to get over it! I guess I am sad too because I love spending time with those grandsons of mine, and they love my Mac and cheese. :(

Just have to vent, so I can let it go. We have a wedding to go to this evening. #1 son and DIL and grandsons will be going to the same wedding. They live a three hour drive from here and the wedding is in this area. They came up early to go school shopping. Well...I had invited them to come for Sunday dinner at 3:00 since the wedding is at 6:00. At 2:00 I got a text from my son saying that they were still shopping and would probably not make it for dinner! He didn't even call. He texted!!! I texted him back, "Your loss." we have been smoking ribs all morning. I have Mac and cheese in the oven. It will still be great, but I am mad. I know I need to get over it! I guess I am sad too because I love spending time with those grandsons of mine, and they love my Mac and cheese. :(

It's the parents' dilemma. Children's coming for dinner is often more important to the parents than it is to the children.

Last edited:
You got that right. It is more important to me. I guess he will realize it when he has grandkids.

chopper said:

Oh cr*p, Chopper. I would be really upset too. Or, more like furious, after all that work, and not seeing the grandsons. :mad:

Last edited:
Well...it wasn't any more work than we would have done for us, but have to wait until the wedding to enjoy my boys now. :(. I think I'm almost over it. You get used to it after awhile. It just sucks.

It's also the Children's dilemma as parents, to get everything done for their children in the allotted time...something's gotta give. And texting is the norm now for the next generation, they do not understand why a phone call would be considered more polite. At least they let you know.

It's also the Children's dilemma as parents, to get everything done for their children in the allotted time...something's gotta give. And texting is the norm now for the next generation, they do not understand why a phone call would be considered more polite. At least they let you know.

To me it's not an issue of why it happened or how the notification came as much as the disappointment they are not coming.

I have refused invitations from my mom when I was a young married. I also have experienced having my invitations refused by my daughters. Now I understand how mom felt.

As we age, our world shrinks and we see our family, children and grandchildren, more important than ever. At the same time, our children's worlds are expanding as they add friends and expand their social lives and tend to the same for their children. There's only so much time in a young family's day to get it all done.

Yesterday while visiting my daughter, my grandson was there. I honestly thought it was my daughter's son. He was the spitting image of him. It was my younger daughter's son. I hadn't seen him in more than a year. Sometimes the younger generation forgets how long it was since the last visit. :ermm:

Sweetie, I understand how you feel. I'm so selfish about seeing those kids of mine On Sunday's but I'f I've learned anything it's this. Keep quiet and let the chips roll where they may. I know you probably went into high gearcleaning,cooking,baking, I'm the same way I can't help it, it's just my way.The least they could have done is pick up the phone, that cost very little. I'd make a small text about calling next time PLEASE...OWe would really love to hear your voice.:)
kades

Sweetie, I understand how you feel. I'm so selfish about seeing those kids of mine On Sunday's but I'f I've learned anything it's this. Keep quiet and let the chips roll where they may. I know you probably went into high gearcleaning,cooking,baking, I'm the same way I can't help it, it's just my way.The least they could have done is pick up the phone, that cost very little. I'd make a small text about calling next time PLEASE...OWe would really love to hear your voice.:)
kades

I can understnd very well how she feels. I have 17 grand and great children. The oldest and ny first grandchild is 35. I haven't se3en him in more than eight years. And he lives just a couple of towns away. About 15 minutes. All of the rest live nearby also and are full grown. But the one I want to see the most is the newest and youngest one. He belongs to Son #3. I waited for more than ten years for this child. My son's first marriage failed and they had no children. I know how much he loves children. But his former wife was more interested in her career. So when he married his present wife (and I adore her) they immediately wanted to start their family. They had a son that is the spitting image of his father. They did bring him to see me when he was five days old. Then the next time he was just starting to walk. The times between were getting longer and longer. Now the last time I saw him was last Thanksgiving. There are no plans to see him in the future at all. Maybe graduation from H.S. He is now three y.o.

My son used to call once a week to check up on me. Now unless I send him an email, I don't hear from him at all. He went into the hospital to see my daughter with his wife and son. That is only five minutes from where I live. He couldn't even be bothered to come by with the baby so I could see him. I have been biting my tongue. But I don't know how long I can continue to do that.

This child is very special to me. I know how much my son loves children. And I love seening him with his son. He waited so long to start a family. And I am not part of that. I am going in for my surgery tomorrow. No phone call from him at all regarding this matter. Maybe someday I will open my mouth.:(

That sucks Addie. Best of luck with the surgery.

Thank you. He did call me this morning to make sure I wasn't having any chest pain and to find out how I was handling all of this. He suggested I call Winthrop and I did. They are sending me a tranquilizer to calm me down.

Andy M. said:
To me it's not an issue of why it happened or how the notification came as much as the disappointment they are not coming.

I have refused invitations from my mom when I was a young married. I also have experienced having my invitations refused by my daughters. Now I understand how mom felt.

As we age, our world shrinks and we see our family, children and grandchildren, more important than ever. At the same time, our children's worlds are expanding as they add friends and expand their social lives and tend to the same for their children. There's only so much time in a young family's day to get it all done.

Yes. What Andy said.

kadesma said:
kades

Thanks. My Hubby just doesn't ever expect anything, so he isn't disappointed like I am. I try to be like him but just can't. I would do anything to spend another day with my mom and can't. I value my family even more since she left us. I treasure every minute with them!

Thanks everyone for listening to me go on about my son. My grandsons were thrilled to see me at the wedding and didn't leave my side. I just love being with them. I am thankful that I got to see them all at the wedding. The little boys were as good as gold-so well behaved. My DIL said it was because they sat with Grammy and Grandpa. Sometimes she knows just what to say. Forgive me for venting and sounding selfish. Thanks for listening. At least that way I didn't yell at them about it and cause troubles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom