Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Did you get AZO Cranberry? If so, it's just concentrated cranberry, won't hurt you. There is also an AZO UTI Pain relief, that one take as directed.

Oh gotcha. It's the AZO UTI pain relief. Will continue to take it as directed for the pain, and the cranberry and garlic will hopefully keep the bacteria down til I can get antibiotics tomorrow. Thanks! I'm actually really amazed at how much the AZO has kicked in. It said it works fast, but it took a couple hours, so I didn't think it was going to do much.

Oh gotcha. It's the AZO UTI pain relief. Will continue to take it as directed for the pain, and the cranberry and garlic will hopefully keep the bacteria down til I can get antibiotics tomorrow. Thanks! I'm actually really amazed at how much the AZO has kicked in. It said it works fast, but it took a couple hours, so I didn't think it was going to do much.

If you get UTI's frequently, you should take cranberry tablets daily.

PrincessFiona60 said:
If you get UTI's frequently, you should take cranberry tablets daily.

I get them every other, to once a year. Not often enough for a regimen. They are usually mild and go away on their own with lots of water, vitamin C, and cranberry juice. I've only taken antibiotics for it twice, when I still had symptoms after 3 days. I've just been under a lot of stress with school starting, money issues, laptop dying just in time for school, car on its last legs, moving, looking for a new place, moving again... I think my immune system's taken a really hard hit from all the upheaval. It's really wearing on me. First yeast, followed immediately by BV, which I just finished antibiotics for 4 days ago, and now worst UTI in my life. I need to get settled into a routine. In bed already and about to get some sleep. Last thing I need is another night with only 3 hours.

I had one and that was enough for me.

Yours was particularly bad, Andy. Female symptoms of UTI are rather blatant and show up sooner than Male symptoms. Men usually don't know they have a UTI until they are septic...not good.

OK, what is AZO? I had many UTIs when I was younger, and, yes, realize when they are coming on. What really got me was when I came home from the hospital I had to sleep in the living room (couldn't do the stairs), and felt like I needed to pee constantly. The biggest problem is that the bathroom is a mile away from the couch I was sleeping on (OK, maybe it only feels like a mile!). I've always dealt with UTIs by drinking gallons of water and cranberry juice, but I just couldn't even think of going to the bathroom more often than once ever 20-30 minutes (all night long). A friend brought me cranberry pills when she heard of the problem (along with pads for the drips). God, aren't good friends the best?

Claire said:
OK, what is AZO? I had many UTIs when I was younger, and, yes, realize when they are coming on. What really got me was when I came home from the hospital I had to sleep in the living room (couldn't do the stairs), and felt like I needed to pee constantly. The biggest problem is that the bathroom is a mile away from the couch I was sleeping on (OK, maybe it only feels like a mile!). I've always dealt with UTIs by drinking gallons of water and cranberry juice, but I just couldn't even think of going to the bathroom more often than once ever 20-30 minutes (all night long). A friend brought me cranberry pills when she heard of the problem (along with pads for the drips). God, aren't good friends the best?

From what I've read about AZO, it is basically numbing or soothing, it's water soluble and your body doesn't digest it, so it just gets flushed out. On its way out it's able to numb/soothe your bladder/urethra. It worked wonders once it had a chance to work it's way through. I would recommend it to anyone. I didn't know it turns your urine bright orange, so that freaked me out at first, but once you find out that's normal, it's a small price to pay. I have a busy day today, squeezing the doctor visit between classes, so thank goodness my manager at work recommended it (I was so bad I called in to work, which I never do unless it's something contagious). Have a great day everyone :)

Here's the site for AZO

The ingredient in the AZO UTI Pain Relief is called Pyridium, some doctors will let you have an emergency stash of it if you have frequent UTI's.

We have a standing order for it, if certain criteria are met, for our residents.

This happens every get together with my family.

One daughter, SIL and grandson are coming over for a cookout Sunday. Knowing how fussy they are about what they eat, I sent off an email with the menu. I wanted to do something different from the "usual". There was nothing on the menu that was good for everyone.

So all new plans. We have a new menu that'll work for everyone. Life is full of compromises.

Just got a picture message showing our grandson has lost his first tooth.

This happens every get together with my family.

One daughter, SIL and grandson are coming over for a cookout Sunday. Knowing how fussy they are about what they eat, I sent off an email with the menu. I wanted to do something different from the "usual". There was nothing on the menu that was good for everyone.

So all new plans. We have a new menu that'll work for everyone. Life is full of compromises.

Just got a picture message showing our grandson has lost his first tooth.

You seem to be the only one making them. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think I would make sure your sidekick was taken care of and let the rest of them whistle or bring a dish that they would enjoy!

I guess it is all about keeping the peace and making some happy memories for your grandson!

Have a good time!

They're guests in my home, I feel obligated to provide them with food they will enjoy.

It used to frustrate me a lot more but I've sort of gotten used to it. I wanted to go beyond the usual steaks or burgers and hot dogs. Silly me.

I have to agree with Aunt Bea. That's too bad, after all the planning, etc.

Congrats on GS's tooth! No corn on the cob for him.

Last edited:
I guess that's it for me. I try to accomodate people's tastes, but I also take into consideration how much they do mine when I'm in their homes. Somehow, all the fussy eaters in my life rarely host. The fussy eaters in my life are good at not liking food they eat anywhere, any time. So why bother?

I hope everyone will have a better Labor Day weekend than I'm having. I spent all day yesterday & today sleeping, drinking water or hot tea & visiting the bathroom. My head's stopped up & I generally feel like crud. Thanks to one of my students. I have one student with a snotty nose who refuses to wash his hands for any reason. I have to threaten to take computer time if he doesn't let me use a soapy washcloth on his hands. He also sits next to me. I had a lot of work for school to do this weekend & so far none of it is touched. I'll have to do it tomorrow no matter how I feel. I have a parent conference Tuesday & another one on Friday plus worksheets to create for the week. Next Saturday has a big workshop all day. I don't have time to be sick. :aaarrgghhh!:

Cindercat said:
I hope everyone will have a better Labor Day weekend than I'm having. I spent all day yesterday & today sleeping, drinking water or hot tea & visiting the bathroom. My head's stopped up & I generally feel like crud. Thanks to one of my students. I have one student with a snotty nose who refuses to wash his hands for any reason. I have to threaten to take computer time if he doesn't let me use a soapy washcloth on his hands. He also sits next to me. I had a lot of work for school to do this weekend & so far none of it is touched. I'll have to do it tomorrow no matter how I feel. I have a parent conference Tuesday & another one on Friday plus worksheets to create for the week. Next Saturday has a big workshop all day. I don't have time to be sick. :aaarrgghhh!:

Oh, gack. With the new school year comes new infections. Sure hope you feel better soon, Cindercat!

Cinder, good wishes being sent your way. Your snot-nosed student reminded me of a friend of mine whose kids kept coming home with head lice. She got frustrated and got permission to inspect the premises. A foreign language lab. The headphones were infested. since they were in constant use by different kids from different classes I mean grades, not social) and different ages. She went and bought whatever it would be to use to clean the darned things and started going to school and de-lousing them herself.

There ought to be something about basic sanitary habits.

Cinder, good wishes being sent your way. Your snot-nosed student reminded me of a friend of mine whose kids kept coming home with head lice. She got frustrated and got permission to inspect the premises. A foreign language lab. The headphones were infested. since they were in constant use by different kids from different classes I mean grades, not social) and different ages. She went and bought whatever it would be to use to clean the darned things and started going to school and de-lousing them herself.

There ought to be something about basic sanitary habits.
Oh, yuck! That's one thing I never had--and I spent a LOT of time wearing headphones in language labs!

Back
Top Bottom