Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see ads on TV all the time for Humera. The ad ends with "Most patients go into remission." And that is all it does. But when you stop taking the injections, the psoriasis comes backwith a vengence. There still is no cure for it. Everytime a doctor or medical person tries to tell me what to do for it, I remind them that I have had psoriasis long than they have been on this planet. There are medicines and other oils and ointments that help keep it under control.

https://www.psoriasis.org/

I have been reading and always look for the latest information from this site. It has been really helpful. They are always up to date with the latest trials. I have participated in two that made it and passed the field trials. :angel:

Last edited:
Psoriasis is an expensive hobby :LOL: can't afford the meds for it. My hands are the worst at the moment. Bleeding in the cracks. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger but working with bleach and strong chemicals doesn't help :rolleyes: Just wish people would stop asking me if it's contageous! As you will know, it's not :glare: I'll get gloves again but they're out of stock. Latex gloves give me itchy blisters, I'll wait till they have my trusty yellow cotton lined variety
Gosh I am a mess :angel:

When someone insist on being really nosey about it, I just tell them I have leprosy. That shuts them up. I love seeing their reaction. I used to try to keep it covered. No more. Come warm weather I wear tank tops. The sun is really helpful in the summer. :angel:

I see ads on TV all the time for Humera. The ad ends with "Most patients go into remission." And that is all it does. But when you stop taking the injections, the psoriasis comes backwith a vengence. There still is no cure for it. Everytime a doctor or medical person tries to tell me what to do for it, I remind them that I have had psoriasis long than they have been on this planet. There are medicines and other oils and ointments that help keep it under control.

https://www.psoriasis.org/

I have been reading and always look for the latest information from this site. It has been really helpful. They are always up to date with the latest trials. I have participated in two that made it and passed the field trials. :angel:

I've been given anti fungal creams, meds for ringworm and enough cortisone to supply a 3rd world country :LOL: I got the right meds for the first time about 5 yrs ago. Dr's hate being wrong :rolleyes: So far the only thing that has genuinly helped me is Silver mineral supplement. I must get some again. There is no cure but the silver kept it away for months without nasty side effects.

When someone insist on being really nosey about it, I just tell them I have leprosy. That shuts them up. I love seeing their reaction. I used to try to keep it covered. No more. Come warm weather I wear tank tops. The sun is really helpful in the summer. :angel:

I tell them it's advanced Aids, people can be so gullable :LOL: They back off immediatly. I find heat makes it worse too, sweaty skin causes more break outs.
I'm lucky, my rash is not that scary looking, I've seen much worse. I get it mainly on my hands, feet and when I was pregnant my abdomen was covered in rash. havnen't had it anywhere else on my body since I was in primary school.

To me this is a huge vent but i know when i get it out i will feel better. mostly it it a "feeling sorry for myself" more than a vent.

i have been typing for over 35 years and am down to three or fingers and looking at the keys. i know i will be spell checking this too. Now i am also not able to talk because things are stuck in my throat but doctors say nothing wrong - they agree it is not my acid reflux as they see the scarring but nothing they can do.

On top of that the arthritis in my back doesn't allow for much sitting or standing but fibromyalgia doesn't allow for lying down much - clothes, bedsheets, anything on my skin hurts.

i know i have mentioned this before and others have far worse but communicating is a big thing for me. I guess I am just having a hard time accepting it will get worse.

Finally, this has taken me over 15 minutes to type where it should be under a minute!

To me this is a huge vent but i know when i get it out i will feel better. mostly it it a "feeling sorry for myself" more than a vent.

i have been typing for over 35 years and am down to three or fingers and looking at the keys. i know i will be spell checking this too. Now i am also not able to talk because things are stuck in my throat but doctors say nothing wrong - they agree it is not my acid reflux as they see the scarring but nothing they can do.

On top of that the arthritis in my back doesn't allow for much sitting or standing but fibromyalgia doesn't allow for lying down much - clothes, bedsheets, anything on my skin hurts.

i know i have mentioned this before and others have far worse but communicating is a big thing for me. I guess I am just having a hard time accepting it will get worse.

Finally, this has taken me over 15 minutes to type where it should be under a minute!

There is nothing wrong with venting. The best thing you can do is get it out of your system. I don't try and push religion on anyone but these words have always brought me comfort when things just get to much and I really hope they make you feel better too!

Big Cuddle :angel:
Odette

footprints-in-the-sand1.jpg

Gotta get this off my chest.

I'm the vice president of the Danish Club in Montreal. Our treasurer resigned in February. Our secretary said he would take over until the end of the next election if I would help. He wanted to do the accounting the way he saw fit and didn't want to hear what I and a chartered accountant tried to explain. Too complicated. It was agreed that he would keep track of the money and expenses and someone else would do the financial statements.

Now he has prepared the year end financial statement, or so he thinks. It doesn't come close. It only goes from February to October. Okay, it doesn't have to follow GAAP (generally accepted accounting practices), but it does have to be clear, be complete, and make sense. He thought I was going to audit his financial statement. I don't know how to audit properly. I do know how to make a financial statement. I have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

He won't give me the password to the bank account. He wants me to have my own password. I would prefer that, but they don't do that with biz accounts. He has a joint account with his wife and they have each their own password, he didn't say so, but I don't think he believes me. When we all went to the bank and gave our signatures, they explained about the one password. We agreed that that was alright.

I asked him to download the transactions. He doesn't think I need them, because I have everything in hard copy. He sent me a screen shot of the last 30 days of transactions. :wacko: I can't even copy and paste from a screen shot.

Now I will have to enter everything by hand. I'm using QuickBooks® so I can get the nice reports. It would have been nice to import those transactions from the bank.

Gotta get this off my chest.

I'm the vice president of the Danish Club in Montreal. Our treasurer resigned in February. Our secretary said he would take over until the end of the next election if I would help. He wanted to do the accounting the way he saw fit and didn't want to hear what I and a chartered accountant tried to explain. Too complicated. It was agreed that he would keep track of the money and expenses and someone else would do the financial statements.

Now he has prepared the year end financial statement, or so he thinks. It doesn't come close. It only goes from February to October. Okay, it doesn't have to follow GAAP (generally accepted accounting practices), but it does have to be clear, be complete, and make sense. He thought I was going to audit his financial statement. I don't know how to audit properly. I do know how to make a financial statement. I have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

He won't give me the password to the bank account. He wants me to have my own password. I would prefer that, but they don't do that with biz accounts. He has a joint account with his wife and they have each their own password, he didn't say so, but I don't think he believes me. When we all went to the bank and gave our signatures, they explained about the one password. We agreed that that was alright.

I asked him to download the transactions. He doesn't think I need them, because I have everything in hard copy. He sent me a screen shot of the last 30 days of transactions. :wacko: I can't even copy and paste from a screen shot.

Now I will have to enter everything by hand. I'm using QuickBooks® so I can get the nice reports. It would have been nice to import those transactions from the bank.

As a retired accountant, I feel your pain. Since you are a signer on the account, can't you get the info from the bank in person or do you need the PW?

I would insist on his cooperation. Tell him you feel obligated to tell the club members your professional opinion of the financial report.

As a retired accountant, I feel your pain. Since you are a signer on the account, can't you get the info from the bank in person or do you need the PW?

I would insist on his cooperation. Tell him you feel obligated to tell the club members your professional opinion of the financial report.
I can't get a download from the bank. I have the information. If I go to the bank in person all I can get is hard copy.

The rest of the executive of the club is hearing about my opinion of his financial report and I know he will take offence. Tough noogies. We battle about technology on a regular basis.

He has all the amounts from all the luncheons in Word. He didn't even use the calculator in Word, he just has a column of numbers and a column of descriptions. I'm pretty sure he got the total using a paper and pencil. He didn't want me to give him templates in Excel. :ermm:

Next year, if we all get re-elected, I will insist on doing the bookkeeping on a monthly basis. And we will figure out something about the online banking.

i can feel your headache from virginia, taxy--one you don't need or deserve. all too often, 'doing the right thing' involves unwonted hardships--almost never is easy or goes smoothly.... :(

I was hired by a church to put all their finances on the computer. They were still in the manual age. What a nightmare. Numbers from Sundays collections on little slips of paper kept in a drawer, no church member list anywhere, no accounting of the weekly envelopes, etc. A disaster area. It took me two years to get it all together and on the computer. I was constantly fighting a group of old members who thought the old way was best. After all the church was 100 years old and had survived all those years without a computer. And why did the church have to pay me? A lot of times I took the work home on an F file and did the work at home with no charge for my hours. So I can understand your frustrations. Stand your ground and don't let him get away with anything. :angel:

Today is the annual fire alarm check. They go from apartment to apartment, setting off the (VERY LOUD) alarms. Once they check yours, you're subjected to having your alarm go off with every single other apartment's as they get checked.

I'm going nuts! My blood pressure is soaring. I know intellectually it's not a real alarm, but my body reacts as if it was.

All this while making eggplant lasagna.

Second vent is that I went to the store earlier, because I didn't have any cottage cheese or ricotta for the lasagna. It's a small store, and were out of both! I decided to go ahead with the lasagna as I want to use the eggplant while it's still fresh.

I went ahead making it with mozzarella and grated parm/romano. I sure hope it comes out okay. It's a lot of work.

Today is the annual fire alarm check. They go from apartment to apartment, setting off the (VERY LOUD) alarms. Once they check yours, you're subjected to having your alarm go off with every single other apartment's as they get checked.

I'm going nuts! My blood pressure is soaring. I know intellectually it's not a real alarm, but my body reacts as if it was.

All this while making eggplant lasagna.

Second vent is that I went to the store earlier, because I didn't have any cottage cheese or ricotta for the lasagna. It's a small store, and were out of both! I decided to go ahead with the lasagna as I want to use the eggplant while it's still fresh.

I went ahead making it with mozzarella and grated parm/romano. I sure hope it comes out okay. It's a lot of work.

My alarm has been covered over with a thick piece of paper. About every six months a piece of dust gets into one and sets off the whole building. I have had ear problems that I was born with. It is so loud I am afraid that it will cause my right ear to start bleeding, hence the cover over it. It still will wake me out of a sound sleep. I know what you mean when you say your body reacts to it. When ours go off, no one reacts or even bothers to find out if it is for real. But it is still jarring. HUD wants the paper taken off. I told the building manager that they can take it off and I will have it put back on right away.

Lasagna is a LOT of work. That is why I made it only once or twice a year. Even today, in this family if you want it, go to a restaurant and order it. :angel:

The president phoned the bank and had the password reset. I phoned the bank and signed us up for online statements. The statements go back 7 years and I downloaded all the missing ones. I downloaded the transactions from August, September, October, and the few in November.

The president phoned the bank and had the password reset. I phoned the bank and signed us up for online statements. The statements go back 7 years and I downloaded all the missing ones. I downloaded the transactions from August, September, October, and the few in November.

Sounds like you are right on top of things. Good work. :angel:

Fantastic! Bravo for doing the right thing.

It took at least 2-3 hours for the noise to stop. Then they set off the alarms for the whole building, and let that blast for 15 more minutes! It was torture!

My alarm uses a light and receptor that will go off if the connection is broken, so no way to cover it up. They set it off by a short spray from an aerosol.

Amazingly, I managed to make the lasagna and it turned out excellent.

I was so rattled that I kept working, and now the kitchen is clean, everything put away, and the floor done too! I've been on such a roll that I've started another turkey neck stew! LOL

Guess I've got a lot of adrenaline to burn off.

Back
Top Bottom