Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what do you mean, "allow" (the dog to surf the counter tops)? i've had a number of lovable pets, but they were, without exception, smart, devious, and totally without a conscience as to their (mis)behavior. my pets didn't pass up many opportunities, when i was absent, to do precisely those things that were strictly forbidden when i was there. just like it is not possible to "childproof" your home to absolutely ensure your child's safety, i believe a pet owner cannot effectively train a pet to refrain from forbidden behavior in unsupervised situations.

Ever had a Grrrrrrr moment, when you just want to growl at a situation? Yep. That's where I am. My weekend's plans may all be messed up because of one thing, which has nothing to do with me.

Anyone else having a grrrrr moment?

what do you mean, "allow" (the dog to surf the counter tops)? i've had a number of lovable pets, but they were, without exception, smart, devious, and totally without a conscience as to their (mis)behavior. my pets didn't pass up many opportunities, when i was absent, to do precisely those things that were strictly forbidden when i was there. just like it is not possible to "childproof" your home to absolutely ensure your child's safety, i believe a pet owner cannot effectively train a pet to refrain from forbidden behavior in unsupervised situations.
That's what I was thinking. My cat isn't allowed on the counter, but I can't be sure he doesn't get on them when I'm not home. It's also why I clean the counters and stove before I start cooking.

If you have to leave the home, and you know your animal has a bad behavior problem in your absence, then you make sure that that room is not accessible in your absence.

I get upset with Spike when I see him correct bad behavior from Teddy. I know it is necessary. As Spike says, he will always let Teddy know that he is not the alpha in their relationship. Spike is.

Teddy knows I am the one that will spoil him. So when Spike leaves him here even for a short time, he pushes the envelope. But I am learning. He is much more enjoyable when he is behaving. He will always be allowed to jump up on my bed for his scratches. Just like at home. But he is not allowed to drag his food all over the house and hide it. The dish stays where I put it.

He has some behavior that is pure instinct. Barking when anyone out in the hall gets too close to my door. He does the same thing at home. Protecting his territory and family. He thinks he is a German Shepherd. Unfortunately we have to stop him after a couple of barks. I don't want to stifle that instinct, yet I have to be mindful of my neighbors. No matter what he does wrong, I just love him to death. :angel:

If you have to leave the home, and you know your animal has a bad behavior problem in your absence, then you make sure that that room is not accessible in your absence.
...:angel:
I don't know that Shreddy gets on the counters in the kitchen. I have two archways into the kitchen, no doors. If I lock him in the bedroom or the basement, I know he will poop or pee where he shouldn't. It's just simpler to wash counters before cooking.

my Mom says, 'i'm deleting you.'
i said, 'Mom, you spend too much time at your office.'

My petty vent this morning is that I'm still suffering withdrawal from the closing of the Chicken Chronicles thread. Is there any hope, cws?

My petty vent this morning is that I'm still suffering withdrawal from the closing of the Chicken Chronicles thread. Is there any hope, cws?
Aww...I asked to close it when I was in a snit...maybe one of the list owners will let me re-open it...the girls, btw, are not liking winter. They hate the snow (still). We have an "egg-laying" competition going between the three flocks...

Me: Should I make chicken salad sandwiches for lunch, or would you rather have burgers?

Bf: Mmmmm, I'm leaning toward burgers.

Me: ::looking in the freezer:: Oooh, or we could do brats!

Bf: Brats sound good.

Me: Cheddarwurst, or beer brats?

Bf: Just make a decision!

Me: ::hands him plate of thawed brats to go on the grill::

Bf: I thought we were having burgers!?

::errrrmmmmm::

Aww...I asked to close it when I was in a snit...maybe one of the list owners will let me re-open it...the girls, btw, are not liking winter. They hate the snow (still). We have an "egg-laying" competition going between the three flocks...

Maybe you could open a new one?

The urge to kill some days is very strong. And today is one of those days.

I keep receiving bills from a collection agency for my medical bills. I am going to get a copy of my credit report. I have always had good credit. Now I am afraid that this agency is going to be affecting my rating. Looks like I am going to have a fight on my hands. I have an appointment with my vascular doctor and I am going to have to talk to her office folks who do the billing for her. I got the eye folks straightened out. The ER is another one. The problem is that BU doctors who practice through Boston Medical Center have their own billing department. And I have to make sure each department has the correct information since they are too lazy to look in the computer. GRRRR! :angel:

Medical billing is a nightmare. I feel sorry for the people who aren't able to question billings. There are often errors.

I received a $1400. bill for the anesthesia for my shoulder surgery. Right on the bill it says, "Claim submitted" yet they billed me. If I wasn't paying attention and paid the bill they would have been paid twice. A month later I got billed again but only for $68 as Medicare had paid. Again I didn't pay and got a dunning notice. I called and complained and they backed off as they had already been paid!

Even worse, they billed me the full charge but accepted much less from the insurance company. I wonder if i would ever have received a refund.

I've taken my son to emergency room while on vacation once. The doctor was completely incompetent, but that's besides the point, they billed me foursome ridiculous amount of money, like $800 or so, for some lab work, some other procedure that he did not have. I tried to call a dozen of times or so trying to get to the bottom of it to no avail. Likely I felt that I better keep all the information, I documented every call. 5 or 6 years latter the collection agency sent a bill, I tried to explain to them what was going on, but they would not even bother talking to me. Thank G-d I have a friend who is a lawyer and he wrote the letter with explanation, if it was not for him I'd be out of money no matter what, it would have cost me that much to hire a lawyer. I hate them.

Back
Top Bottom