Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy, can I identify with medical bills. It is just too weird to believe. I fractured my hip LAST JULY. The paperwork grows and grows, and the bills keep on coming. Statements from one insurance company, statements from another company. The hospital, two ambulance companies, the various doctors. And I was in & out in less than 3 days, and only had a couple of follow-on visits and a few PT sessions. I often do not understand how older people keep it straight because I'm thoroughly confused and started avoiding doctors the day I got our of the Air Force. It isn't that pain that gets me, it's the pain in the derriere of all the paperwork and the pain in the checkbook.

Well, let's see...ready for a rant about the hospital where I had my knee surgery? You're going to get one anyway.

I'm still trying to get the hospital bill straightened out from my knee surgery in early November. Yes, over 6 months ago. Soon 7 months.

I've talked to so many people at the hospital, my head is about to explode and I now have a folder that is nearly an inch thick that contains the bill (incorrect), communications with the insurance company and pages and pages and pages of my detailed notes with the hospital personnel.

On April 16 I talked with a person who was supposed to "take care of" the mess. She assured me that she'd be right on top of it and communicate with the insurance company so everyone would be comparing apples to apples. Yeah, right!! I heard the words, hoped some of what she said would bear fruit, but.......

So, since it's been about 6 weeks, I thought that would be ample time to rectify things or at least have a good start at it, I called my insurance company this morning. They have heard nothing from the hospital. Nothing since some time in February. Nada, nothing, zero, zip, big goose egg!!!!!

I'm so angry I can't see straight. Real helpful hospital!!! NOT!! But when it comes to them wanting their money, they'll call you a few days after sending their bill (by the way, 5 months after the date of service) so they can set you up on a payment plan. I'm ready to hit people and break things.

I'm sick to death of this crap and, by Monday, I will have a plan.

Don't upset yourself.

Be the cat, let them be the mouse! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If your knee is working and you have not sent them the final payment you are the one that is winning and in control.

Just continue to document the heck out of everything, that is where most people fall down.

It will all work out eventually.

Wow Katie! What a PITA. (((Hugs)))

When I lived in Denmark, they decided that tourists would be covered by Danish medicare for anything that happened/started in Denmark. They said it was because the paperwork to collect cost so much that it was just more efficient (and nicer) not to charge them.

Wow Katie! What a PITA. (((Hugs)))

When I lived in Denmark, they decided that tourists would be covered by Danish medicare for anything that happened/started in Denmark. They said it was because the paperwork to collect cost so much that it was just more efficient (and nicer) not to charge them.

Smart folks in Denmark. Since I have congested heart failure along with other ailments, I always worry about becoming ill far away from home. So now I no longer travel. :angel:

Is complaining about in-laws considered venting? Or is it simply redundant? Anyhow, my in-laws bough both of SIL houses, I mean really simply bough it. They are ok financially, couple of days ago my wife ask for help with our move, we found a house we like and decided it is good time to move. Not only they said “no”, they did not even bother to ask what kind of help we need. And I can tell you we were not expecting them to buy house for, just needed some help with down payment.

Is complaining about in-laws considered venting? Or is it simply redundant? Anyhow, my in-laws bough both of SIL houses, I mean really simply bough it. They are ok financially, couple of days ago my wife ask for help with our move, we found a house we like and decided it is good time to move. Not only they said “no”, they did not even bother to ask what kind of help we need. And I can tell you we were not expecting them to buy house for, just needed some help with down payment.

It qualifies for this thread !

Been in your situation .. have 2 sisters that got anything they did or did not want and never a problem. One time I asked for a bit of help and was shut down before I even got to finish asking. Never did understand it, the upset I went through finally got me to a point where I just turned off the care button.

Sorry you are going through this .. it's not fair and it's not a good feeling you are left with.

Good luck with your house !

It qualifies for this thread !

Been in your situation .. have 2 sisters that got anything they did or did not want and never a problem. One time I asked for a bit of help and was shut down before I even got to finish asking. Never did understand it, the upset I went through finally got me to a point where I just turned off the care button.

Sorry you are going through this .. it's not fair and it's not a good feeling you are left with.

Good luck with your house !

I had a grandmother that was the same way. She bought my cousin a car, a week later I asked her for $200 to pay my car payment because I was unemployed and needed a car to find a job since I lived so rural and was shut down. Crazy thing is, I was the only grandchild that would have paid her back. I was also the only grandchild that did anything for her. I cleaned out an attached shed and cleaned her house on a regular basis because she had a few mobility problems and she hated to clean. Add to that she had a lot of money and she wouldn't have missed $200. My cousins wondered why I didn't have as strong of a bond with her, but my entire childhood was like this always wondered why she treated me differently.

I made that car payment doing any odd job I could find and was proud of myself.

Geez Charlie, how much of a black sheep are you? ;) Just kidding! Consider their shortsightedness their own loss. Good luck with your house purchase. Hope everything works out just fine. And when you move in and settle down make the first move and invite them over for dinner. Like the old saying goes, kill them with kindness. And be sure to somehow sneakily include a food that will give them hives. :LOL:

Vent here: *#@)!!* bed legs!:angry: I think I either broke a toe or pulled a muscle component like a ligament. Left foot hurts like holy heck. :cry:

The day my Podiatrist told me that older people need to wear shoes or slippers at all times hurt me much worse than stubbing my toe ever did!

To think I paid for that advice! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Vent here: *#@)!!* bed legs!:angry: I think I either broke a toe or pulled a muscle component like a ligament. Left foot hurts like holy heck. :cry:

Well that is a silly thing to do. You are old enough to know better. If the toe is turning mark and blue black (childrenese language) then you broke it. Have you considered having it looked at? Or is that a silly question? :angel:

Well that is a silly thing to do. You are old enough to know better. If the toe is turning mark and blue black (childrenese language) then you broke it. Have you considered having it looked at? Or is that a silly question? :angel:

Oh, like I did it on PURPOSE Addie? :rolleyes: Have had this frame since I was 16, solid maple, and do this every once in awhile. This one really hurt though. But no bruising yet (been about 4 or 5 hours) and I'm able to flex the toes OK now. Down steps is OK, up steps not so much.

Not much a doc can do. I think the bones are OK, probably pulled on a muscle thingy. And, of course, right now we are in Health Care Limbo. Himself's COBRA ended 5-31. He submitted an application for the plan that charges you based on your income, since he's not working right now. Almost $1400 a month for the two of us for any other plan is crazy when the income based plan should cost about $200. Thing is our application has been "approved" but that is only to process it. With our luck I'd go to the doc (which we have to change because our own doc isn't in the plan and they pay nothing for an office visit) or the ER and end up spending a couple thousand for the ER visit. At least now I have a reason to be lazy - even though the thing I hate the most is sitting around and doing nothing. :(

Oh, like I did it on PURPOSE Addie? :rolleyes: Have had this frame since I was 16, solid maple, and do this every once in awhile. This one really hurt though. But no bruising yet (been about 4 or 5 hours) and I'm able to flex the toes OK now. Down steps is OK, up steps not so much.

Not much a doc can do. I think the bones are OK, probably pulled on a muscle thingy. And, of course, right now we are in Health Care Limbo. Himself's COBRA ended 5-31. He submitted an application for the plan that charges you based on your income, since he's not working right now. Almost $1400 a month for the two of us for any other plan is crazy when the income based plan should cost about $200. Thing is our application has been "approved" but that is only to process it. With our luck I'd go to the doc (which we have to change because our own doc isn't in the plan and they pay nothing for an office visit) or the ER and end up spending a couple thousand for the ER visit. At least now I have a reason to be lazy - even though the thing I hate the most is sitting around and doing nothing. :(

:wacko: It is the quickest way to get out of work you don't want to do. Ask any of my kids. They had it down to an art. :angel:

:wacko: It is the quickest way to get out of work you don't want to do. Ask any of my kids. They had it down to an art. :angel:

:LOL: Not looking to get out of work. Perfect weather for gardening, which has been rare lately. Plus with company coming sometime this week I wanted the freshly washed sheets on the bed today so the room was all done. Should have waited till after I did some gardening... :glare:

The day my Podiatrist told me that older people need to wear shoes or slippers at all times hurt me much worse than stubbing my toe ever did!

To think I paid for that advice! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thanks for the heads-up. Or should I say toes-covered-up? :LOL: Unfortunately, I did this before I ever ventured downstairs for the day and I keep my shoes down there. Slippers wouldn't have helped since I've been open-toe ones this summer. Maybe after decades of owning this bed I should just remember it's out to get me? :ohmy:

I buy neoprene water shoes for house shoes...a bit of sole and gives a little protection if you have the habit of kicking your furniture for no good reason.:-p

I don't know what his problem was but he bought himself a 15 timeout in the crate. I had him out, he went both. He came in & went tinkle like I said above & not even 5 minutes after my first post I was upstairs putting my paid bills away & he went AGAIN. Luckily for me both times wasn't on my carpets. I took him out figuring there isn't anything left in him & he went AGAIN but this time it was on the grass.

So I locked him up for a few minutes & now he's fine. Who knows what his problem was.

How's your toe CG? I use to be queen of broken toes. I have the ugliest feet around plus I have chronic plantar fasciitis so it's rare that I am not in my New Balance sneakers with my Spanco insoles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom