Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scheduling appointments really bites!

You know what they say "If you want anything done right do it yourself" Or in my case my sig says it all.:ohmy:

I had made a follow up appointment yesterday.It was between the receptionist and I that it would be tentative because of our schedules.She told me that it would be in the comp as a definite thing until I called her this morning. Had to check with hubby's schedule. I called her back this morning to say I'll definitely take that time and day. She didn't put it in the computer. My time slot and day had been filled already. *sigh* So fine. I told her I'd remove the stitches myself. Have the Dr send the biopsy results to my PCP.If anythings up he can call me.

That rattled her. She then told me that I could go to any walk in clinic and have it done. Thanks but no. Save myself some time, money and hassle.

Ok, my lil vent is over.

So what's for dinner?

Munky.

No,not yet.They have to be out by Friday. All I've done is keep the area cleaned, moistened and bandaged. As directed.

Thankies PF. It's the thought that counts :)

Taxy: Was that little boy a brave toaster or what? I hope he got a big hug for being such a good sport.

Cave: I should wait until I have my morning coffee before making flip comments. It was funny hearing her suck in her breath. WOT!?:LOL::LOL:

Munky.

This was the second time in 5 weeks that my wife has taken out the passenger side mirror of her 2013 Toyota van. Exact same damage....slapped into something.
The entire assembly needs to be replaced again! Back to the Yoyota parts counter again.....:mad: as hell

This was the second time in 5 weeks that my wife has taken out the passenger side mirror of her 2013 Toyota van. Exact same damage....slapped into something.
The entire assembly needs to be replaced again! Back to the Yoyota parts counter again.....:mad: as hell
Bummer. I bet your wife is feeling pretty bad about it too.

Maybe you should just leave it broken until winter is over. Why have to fix it again? LOL

Valid point. I actually thought about that yesterday. And I agree she needs to have her vision checked out.

There could be something wrong with her peripheral vision. A lot of things can affect it. An infected tooth, a bang (even a very light one) on her head, whiplash, etc. Have her see an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist. :angel:

There could be something wrong with her peripheral vision. A lot of things can affect it. An infected tooth, a bang (even a very light one) on her head, whiplash, etc. Have her see an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist. :angel:
A good optometrist should detect glaucoma, which is what normally would be the cause of loss of peripheral vision.

Thank you.
She has an upcoming appt with her regular doctor at Kaiser. Her doctor can refer her to an in-house opthalmologist and schedule an appt.
Unless it's an emergency I don't think you can directly schedule an appt with an opthalmologist at Kaiser.

A good optometrist should detect glaucoma, which is what normally would be the cause of loss of peripheral vision.

Not all states in this country allow optometrists to diagnosis. Only to examine and prescribe corrective lens and frames. Diabetes is another cause of vision problems. Too many variables to take chances on. Go to an MD, not a DO. :angel:

Now let's not diagnose the poor lady simply because she whapped off a couple mirrors. Vans are big and unwieldly to drive.

Back
Top Bottom