Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, maybe next time you can drive up to the gate with your window all the way up, give one quick, businesslike wave to the guard, and point toward the gate. Unless he doesn't recognize someone he shouldn't have to talk to the person wanting access. Good luck.

The HOA president accused me of flirting with that stupid gate guard today. He came to our house, and said this in front of Mamma and DA. He also said girls like me should not flirt with married men and that I need counseling.

I became very furious. I do know there are very good cameras at the gate which record everything. I told him to get out of our house, go look at the cameras, and return when he's ready with a full apology. I will not be treated as a tramp.

That gate guard is awful. He always stops me and says stupid things to me and winks at me and speaks of my appearance. I always drive away when he starts of this, but lately he has started this to me outside the gate and I can't drive through without breaking the gate arm and damaging my Joy.

This is turning into harassment. You might consider calling the police.

Does the HOA employ him directly, or do they subcontract a security service? There may be other complaints against him from other young women.

Last edited:
This is turning into harassment. You might consider calling the police.

Does the HOA employ him directly, or do they subcontract a security service? There may be other complaints against him from other young women.

I agree with GG. It's harassment and should be reported to the police.

I would also let the police know what the HOA President had to say about the incident, accusing you of flirting with guard.

I have to agree. Inform the police. He may already have a record for this kind of behavior. The report will certainly put him on their radar. And if they do talk to him, it will put him on notice. Just the fact that he wanted you to meet him in the middle of the night is not good. He sounds dangerous. :angel:

If the security camera at the gate recorded what he said, that could be used as proof, unless the HOA had the tape destroyed. It doesn't sound like they are on your side, Cat.

I would also let the police know what the HOA President had to say about the incident, accusing you of flirting with guard.

Yes----- it comes under the heading of "blaming the victim" which why many women don't report rapes.

The gate guard, while perhaps being 'just':
1. A male chauvinist pig
2. A jackass
3. A numbskull
4. A closet gay
5. A person with at least one small appendage

---should not be allowed to keep doing that. That type of behavior often escalates into something a lot more criminal, like rape!

HOA is complicit in his behavior and should be reported!

I am sitting here watching the European Skating Championships vs. the Pats vs the Broncos. It doesn't look good right now for NE. But we still have three minutes left. Never say never! :angel: The skating on my TV, the game on my computer monitor.

The Pirate made dinner for both of us. Last night I had to use up the eight Italian sausages so I put them in a couple of jars of doctored pasta sauce and cooked them for a while. They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned. :angel:

I am sitting here watching the European Skating Championships vs. the Pats vs the Broncos. It doesn't look good right now for NE. But we still have three minutes left. Never say never! :angel: The skating on my TV, the game on my computer monitor.

The Pirate made dinner for both of us. Last night I had to use up the eight Italian sausages so I put them in a couple of jars of doctored pasta sauce and cooked them for a while. They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned. :angel:
I find that unless you really want them in the casings, it's just easier to make your own Italian sausage - just stir some seasonings into some ground pork, let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavours marry, and there you go. Of course you need a decent recipe for what seasonings. Then you tweak it and take notes.

...They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned. :angel:

I buy few DeMoulas/Market Basket products because I have been disappointed too often. I used some Kayem Italian sausages for my last batch of Sunday Ragu and I was pleased with their taste. I had been using The brand Costco carries but they sometimes have an off flavor.

On the gate guard, it obviously looks to me like some over jealous wives are pointing their fingers at you. Best thing is to simply drive through without any idle chit chat.

There's no reason to believe his wife is involved at all. A man who will treat a woman like that will certainly lie and try to blame her. And men who harass women don't usually harass just one; it's possible there's a pattern and neither Cat nor anyone else should be expected to put up with it.

There's no reason to believe his wife is involved at all. A man who will treat a woman like that will certainly lie and try to blame her. And men who harass women don't usually harass just one; it's possible there's a pattern and neither Cat nor anyone else should be expected to put up with it.
+1!!

Just wanted to say, I'm really tired of being really tired. Long story short, I seem to have been having serious side effects from a new medication I started last month. I stopped taking it last week and have a follow-up tomorrow afternoon. But for the last two weeks, I've just been exhausted and I'm sick of it.

After discontinuing the med, I was getting better, and today, DH and I went out for brunch. I could barely eat and had no energy for the two easy errands I wanted to do afterward, so we came home. It was about 1 p.m. and I decided to take a nap. Woke up at 6:35. Another afternoon gone. I hope this gets better soon and the PA has some answers tomorrow.

Aw GG, I hope you feel better and energetic soon. I feel tired all the time but it's my own fault! It seems like yours isn't going to be as easy to fix as a good night's sleep. Hope your PA figures this out tomorrow.

I wish I had some of my energy to pass on to you, GG. I've been doing so much better since the surgery, fatigue wise that is gone. Tired, yes...but no fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom