Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After CT scan doctor told me that I have two stones, 4 and 6 mm, stock somewhere in urethra (I think that is what he said it's called) If I do not pass them in 3 weeks, I will have to have surgery. In the mean time I'm in pain, not terrible, but it hurts. I'm not sure though what is worse to pass 6 mm (almost a 1/4 inc) rock or have the surgery. :ohmy: :(

Charlie, drink 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in 8 ounces of water, you can add sweetener if you like, do this twice a day. Extra water all day long.

Sorry to hear about your stones Charlie. Been there done that. I have to agree with PF's suggestions. I got the same recommendations from our Naturopath except she recommended using distilled water because its free of sediments which could possibly increase the size of the stone. Maybe that was just for our water here. She also recommended drinking lots of fruit and vegetable juices. These juices contain citrates which will aid in the breakup of the stones, the same as the lemon juice.
The plan is to drink, drink, drink. After four days mine had passed.

And one for you. :angel: Charlie, here's praying that you pass those stones real fast. You have received some excellent advice from your friends here. Listen to them. :angel:

Thank you for all the advises. I have been trying to drink a lot. Though I'm Terrible at that. I do not like water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Thank you for all the advises. I have been trying to drink a lot. Though I'm Terrible at that. I do not like water.

Charlie, I have nothing that I can add, except that I too hope your suffering is short lived, and that the stones flush themselves out soon, without the need for surgery.

I won't even make any jokes about this issue. It's nothing to joke about, though it's a difficult thing. Again, I hope the problem is over soon.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Does it help if you put some flavoring in the water, like lemon or lime or cucumber? As others have mentioned, cranberry juice has properties that help dissolve kidney stones. For me, cranberry juice is too tart, but I like cranapple juice.

I hope it passes soon and easily.

It does help to add a sweetener. But with the type of antibiotic I take I have to drink a lot more water than any normal situation. It's kind if hard. To even fit do much water in my stomach.

Well, that antibiotic did not help in the end. I end up in the emergency room, at midnight, last night. And they had to admit me. Doctor wants to keep me till maybe Tuesday. But now the painkillers kick in and I better go close my eyes

I'm sorry Charlie, no chasing nurses!!! Get some rest!

Love it. Funny. Imagine, old, baldish, overweight, short man running after cute Yong nurses with the catheter sticking out. Thanks I needed a smile to loosen up the pain.

Love it. Funny. Imagine, old, baldish, overweight, short man running after cute Yong nurses with the catheter sticking out. Thanks I needed a smile to loosen up the pain.

Sounds a lot like Shrek chasing after me...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom