Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TTHM raises your risk for some diseases, but it's not like a microbe that would probably make you sick right away.

I know this is an old post, but I haven't read this thread for a while.

So you won't get sick right away. Instead you will sit there for days, wondering when it's going to hit!

I'm sorry. I don't mean to make a joke out of this, but after reading some of the other threads this morning, everything is funny to me. :LOL:

I love this forum.
I had to try to figure out what this was about, then I saw the "TTHM". Not sitting around for days wondering - wondering for years. :ermm:

Ok, so I don't know everything.:ohmy: What is TTHM?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
You really mucked up that quote. :rolleyes:

We discussed TTHM earlier in the thread. But, since Carol had also mucked up the quote, I couldn't just click the little arrow next to the name and go to the quoted post, so I could seen it in context.

Doesn't anyone use the "Preview Post" button?

Okay, apologies to the Chief and to Carol. The forum seems to be mucking up the quotes.

You really mucked up that quote. :rolleyes:

We discussed TTHM earlier in the thread. But, since Carol had also mucked up the quote, I couldn't just click the little arrow next to the name and go to the quoted post, so I could seen it in context.

Doesn't anyone use the "Preview Post" button?

Okay, apologies to the Chief and to Carol. The forum seems to be mucking up the quotes.

You thought I made a mistake!:ohmy: Well, maybe I make one every 15 years or so.:LOL: Oh, wait, that's every 15 seconds or so.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It's tax season, so of course my right wrist is acting up. I've put on the brace. Usually Stirling takes out the garbage, but with the broken rib, he can't carry anything heavier than a coffee cup. I couldn't carry all the garbage at once and was going to make two trips, but the temperature is dropping and the puddles are freezing over. It will just have to wait until Wednesday to go out. I'm not risking the icy walk again tonight.

I hate that part when you're recovering from a stomach bug and your appetite returns before you're all the way better. I kept down some crackers earlier. I just ate a piece of bread and so far so good. I really just want to dig into a full meal, but know that's probably unwise at the moment! Fortunately the bug seems to be passing through my system pretty quickly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I'm better in the morning, but get worse at the night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Charlie, when I worked at Wyeth Pharmaceutical, I read an article about why patients feel worse at night, but seem all right during the day. It has something to do with the atmospheric pressure dropping at night when the temperature drops. I don't remember all of the explanation, but that was the whole gist of the article.

Have you ever noticed that your kids are always a lot sicker at night and you swear you are going to take them to the doctor first thing in the morning? But by then they feel much better and you think it was something minor and don't bother with the doctor visit. Then come night again and you are kicking yourself for not going to the doctor with the child.

Wow. Interesting. Thank you. BTW, since I last posted, I had the stones crushed and removed and the a week latter they took out the stent. So I feel better now, thank G-d for modern medicine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Charlie, I'm glad you're feeling better! Keep up the good work...and rest. I bet you feel better in the morning just because you got a nice night of sleep and rest. As the day wears, on so will you. Take it easy and don't do too much. ;)

Charlie, when I worked at Wyeth Pharmaceutical, I read an article about why patients feel worse at night, but seem all right during the day. It has something to do with the atmospheric pressure dropping at night when the temperature drops...
Himself said that's known as "Gay-Lussac's Law". It's one of the four important Gas Laws he studied while majoring for three years at The Ohio State University. It wouldn't affect you on a day-by-day basis since it's such a minor difference daily. It IS what makes your joints ache when we're supposed to get rain or, in my case, what gives you a huge headache when a storm is approaching - namely, the sudden drop in the atmospheric pressure do to that approaching storm front. Daily? Not so much.

Pets are also sicker at night.

I'm not complaining, but I am worried. DA is failing. She is requiring much more attention and to be honest, I know she is coming to the end of her days with me.

I just hope she will be well for to go back home in July. If not, Uncle Nicu has a small jet and that may be best for her. I may have to make a decision of this soon and I just hate it.

I am already of the option of Uncle's jet. It will make stops for fuel, but it will get her there in better comfort.

If she continues, I will do this. I promised to take her home while she is alive, and I shall do this. I'm very worried.

With love,
~Cat

My husband has been in a lot of pain the past several days and he just showed me a rash on his side. He has shingles! I will call the DR tomorrow for meds. I am very glad to know what was causing the pain since he would NOT go to the doctor, but he is in for some really miserable days ahead. Shingles is terrible, and really bad in an older person. He is 71.

I'm not complaining, but I am worried. DA is failing. She is requiring much more attention and to be honest, I know she is coming to the end of her days with me.

I just hope she will be well for to go back home in July. If not, Uncle Nicu has a small jet and that may be best for her. I may have to make a decision of this soon and I just hate it.

I am already of the option of Uncle's jet. It will make stops for fuel, but it will get her there in better comfort.

If she continues, I will do this. I promised to take her home while she is alive, and I shall do this. I'm very worried.

With love,
~Cat

Hang on there my Dear Girl, I have some prayers and good thoughts going forth for you and DA.

My husband has been in a lot of pain the past several days and he just showed me a rash on his side. He has shingles! I will call the DR tomorrow for meds. I am very glad to know what was causing the pain since he would NOT go to the doctor, but he is in for some really miserable days ahead. Shingles is terrible, and really bad in an older person. He is 71.

Oh those are miserable, the first time I had them I was 15, have had them several times since. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. My condolences to your husband.

PF, shingles aren't a "one and done" problem? :ermm: I have my annual check-up with my doctor tomorrow (actually today per MA time) and I plan on asking about the vaccination. I'm surrounded by family that has had them. Mom was around 60 when she had a bout, our son was only 15 and in his freshman year of high school. When he got them we thought he had developed a rash from the wrestling mats at school. Imagine how surprised we all were to find out he had shingles. He's 33 now and, fingers crossed, hasn't had a repeat episode.

Carol, I hope those clear up quickly for him. Our son was young so he toughed it through OK, but I remember Mom being miserable for quite a while.

Carol have you had chicken pox? If you haven't, you should get the shot. When I told my doctor that I never had them, he called in the nurse and had her give me the shot right then and there in front of him. You can catch chicken pox from someone who has shingles. Don't be surprised if the Dr. wants him to come in so he can see how bad it is. :angel:

With love,
~Cat

:angel: :angel: One for you and one for DA. Cat, have you talked to your parents about this? They need to know. You also need to talk to her doctor and get his opinion as well. Someone will have to go with her as Uncle Nicu can't take care of her personal needs while he is flying the plane. Stay strong Cat. I have faith in your ability to handle this and do what is best for DA. Prayers going up for the both of you. :angel:

:angel: :angel: One for you and one for DA. Cat, have you talked to your parents about this? They need to know. You also need to talk to her doctor and get his opinion as well. Someone will have to go with her as Uncle Nicu can't take care of her personal needs while he is flying the plane. Stay strong Cat. I have faith in your ability to handle this and do what is best for DA. Prayers going up for the both of you. :angel:

This is the hard part. My whole family knows. She has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow and I may have to speak of this.

I will go with her, Addie. I may have to leave suddenly but this is what I must do. I must get her home alive, no matter what. I will care for her on the plane and make sure she is comfortable at home in Brasov.

I feel I am losing her. Uck, I am losing her, as no one lives forever. I just hope she can see me married before she leaves us.

But I hope no one thinks I would put her on his plane without me there! No, that will not happen! Where she goes, I go. I owe her this.

The problem is, after she goes home, I come back alone. And right now, that idea is so frightening I don't want to think of it.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom