Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, don't even start me on the way people drive. Two days ago I am parked on the street. I get in the car put on my left signal and start pulling out. I am about half way out, but there is traffic so I'm waiting. I see red light com up and the last car is coming up. Guess what that b**** doing. She stops right next to me so I can't pull out even though there is at least two cars open space in front of her. So I hunk, do you think she moved ? No, sh just looked at me like she did not know what was going on. Good thing I don't have a bat in my car.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Carol, I don't know what kind of phone you have, but my Samsung Galaxy has an icon in the bar right above the keypad. It's a little arrow pointing to the right. When I type a name or word and then press it, it allows me to enter that word in my predictive text. I discovered that a couple of years ago when I was trying to abbreviate my grandson Tyler's name to Ty, and it kept trying to change it to "To".

I'm not real smart phone savvy, but I text a lot. :) Maybe your phone has something similar to instruct it to change Dean back to Sean.

Cheryl, I have a Samsung phone but it's a cheap model. I will have to look for that feature next time. I am so not tech savvy! LOL

Okay, now I am starting to get upset. I still have this stinking cold and a sore throat has decided to join in the fun. I have an appointment with Winthrop today and that creates another problem.

My granddaughter is driving down from Aroostook County with her friend. They live way up by the Canadian border. The headed out the door at five last night. I don't know how long it will take them to get here. But it is supposed to be a surprised and I am not supposed to know about it. So I need to be here so they can surprise me.

I haven't asked Winthrop for any meds for the cold. Time to speak up. :angel:

There was an article yesterday that the antidepressant Zorloft could possibly be the cause of autism if the mother took the drug during the second and third trimester of their pregnancy.

Maybe I have blinders on. But isn't pregnancy a happy time? It always was for me. For all five pregnancies. So where does the need for a tranquillizer come in? I fail to understand the need to take any medication other than an iron and vitamin pill. You may have the need of other medications, such as I did. Thyroid medication. But that should be up to your doctor. And I would think he would know the dangers of over medicating during pregnancy.

Is this a repeat of the Thalidamine scandal all over?

Grrr! When you hear the side effects on you, don't you realize that you could be passing them on to your baby? :angel:

People who suffer from depression do need medication, which is obviously prescribed by their doctor. Being pregnant doesn't make the depression disappear. It's a medical illness like any other.

But why is this in this thread? It doesn't seem like something you would be thankful for.

People who suffer from depression do need medication, which is obviously prescribed by their doctor. Being pregnant doesn't make the depression disappear. It's a medical illness like any other.

But why is this in this thread? It doesn't seem like something you would be thankful for.

I thought I had the venting thread. My boo boo. :angel:

Dang! Today is football again. I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots. I know. I am an ungrateful citizen of Boston. But today I just don't care about football.

Here it is the 20th of the month. My package was supposed to arrive on the 18th. I sent an email to the vendor. They answered me with the explanation that FedEx is having problems in their Northeast facilities with deliveries. So now the date has been changed to the 23rd. I ordered this item on the 12th.

The next time I order on line, I will make sure they don't use FedEx for delivery service.

And I am still sick with this cold. And nothing that Winthrop has given me is helping. I am better off with OTC meds. They work on me. Winthrop sent me a nasal spray. I looked it up at several sites. They all said the same thing. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. All it would tell me about side effect is that it is highly addictive. Oh joy! I have a cold that it seems I have become addictive to. Now they want to add another problem to my life. Drug addiction!

I want to be standing right now in Africa right in the middle of a stampeding herd of Wilderbeasts. That sounds like more fun than the way I am feeling this morning.

Can you tell that I am not in a good mood today? Please pick a fight with me so I can let off some steam! :angel:

Dang! Today is football again. I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots. I know. I am an ungrateful citizen of Boston. But today I just don't care about football.

Here it is the 20th of the month. My package was supposed to arrive on the 18th. I sent an email to the vendor. They answered me with the explanation that FedEx is having problems in their Northeast facilities with deliveries. So now the date has been changed to the 23rd. I ordered this item on the 12th.

The next time I order on line, I will make sure they don't use FedEx for delivery service.

And I am still sick with this cold. And nothing that Winthrop has given me is helping. I am better off with OTC meds. They work on me. Winthrop sent me a nasal spray. I looked it up at several sites. They all said the same thing. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. All it would tell me about side effect is that it is highly addictive. Oh joy! I have a cold that it seems I have become addictive to. Now they want to add another problem to my life. Drug addiction!

I want to be standing right now in Africa right in the middle of a stampeding herd of Wilderbeasts. That sounds like more fun than the way I am feeling this morning.

Can you tell that I am not in a good mood today? Please pick a fight with me so I can let off some steam! :angel:

Maybe a Snickers would help! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6ZXHWvaGc

I hate being cranky. It is so not me. I am usually always in a good mood. Even when I am sick. But this dang cold is beginning to wear thin with me.

So just stay away from me for today. I don't think even a Snickers would help. I am giving the word "bitch" a whole new meaning. :angel:

I have shrunk several sizes since 2012. I would never ask s/one how he/she gained so much weight...I don't mind when people ask me how I shrunk 5 five sizes... What I do mind is when people call me skinny. I would never tell a person that he/she is fat. Why is it okay to call S/one skinny in that Tone?

I have shrunk several sizes since 2012. I would never ask s/one how he/she gained so much weight...I don't mind when people ask me how I shrunk 5 five sizes... What I do mind is when people call me skinny. I would never tell a person that he/she is fat. Why is it okay to call S/one skinny in that Tone?

I get "you have lost so much weight. Are you sick with something?" And it is always someone who could stand to lose 20 or more pounds. I certainly don't comment on their size. I personally think it is jealousy that they haven't lost any weight.

It is called "eating sensibly. :angel:

I am on a "rant" today. Thursday someone wished me a "Happy Holiday."

"Which holiday?" asked. "Christmas, New Years, Quanza? Which one."

All I got in return was a stare. "Well I guess I mean Christmas."

"Then wish me a Merry Christmas. If I am not Christian, I will let you know. Stop worrying about being so PC. It is not becoming to anyone. Remember, it 'tis the reason for the season."

All I see on the TV is Happy Holiday. I want to see Merry Christmas. :angel:

"Then wish me a Merry Christmas. If I am not Christian, I will let you know. Stop worrying about being so PC. It is not becoming to anyone. Remember, it 'tis the reason for the season."

I'm not surprised at the 'stare'. :ohmy: If someone cares enough to wish me a holiday greeting (no matter how it's worded), I respond in kind and with a smile. Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad...etc....whatever, doesn't matter to me! :LOL:

Last edited:

I've been complaining about this for a few weeks now. I reiterate what another said, paraphrasing here, When I wish someone a Merry Christmas, I am wishing that Christmas day, even the Christmas season is a time when they will be merry and joyful, no matter what holiday suits their beliefs. If someone wishes me a Happy Hanukkah, I expect that they are wishing good will and joy. If someone gets upset because I wish them a Merry Christmas, then it's their problem. I'm simply hoping they have a great day.

I believe it's absurd that people can get angry about someone wishing them a good day, no matter the holiday.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom