Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I am generally satisfied with DirecTV, it's rainy season here and nearly every day showers block the signal from the satellite until the rain passes. So while local news is on, upcoming in the next news segment is how to tell if there is a 'skimmer' that will steal credit card info at the gas pump. Uh oh, here comes the rain -- just a recent example. :unhappy:

Drat and double drat. It's doing it again. For the last three days, it works fine until around 11:30 am, then starts the stuttering and blocking out. I'm going to go out and look for a drone that might be causing this. :mad:

Drat and double drat. It's doing it again. For the last three days, it works fine until around 11:30 am, then starts the stuttering and blocking out. I'm going to go out and look for a drone that might be causing this. :mad:

Its the Jovian scouts that will precede the invasion. They are monitoring the television signal that normally would stream to your antenna, and absorbing all of the RF energy. Be aware. Martians dissect you, study you, then put you back together and send you back home. Jovians eat humans. Lock your doors, windows, and all places where they could cane entrance to your home. Use titanium shutters, and place titanium bars on your stink tube (on the roof), and chimney. I'm telling ya, Jovians may be diminutive in size, but that's because the gravity of Jupiter is so much greater than that of our own planet, they need to be rediculously strong, and small, just to be able to stand up. On earth, that stregth allows the average Jovian the ability to life an elephant, with one hand.:ohmy:

Be afraid, my freind. Be very afraid. Muahahahahahaha.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Something is going on. We have Roku. With it Sling and other channels as well. For the last few weeks we've been having the same problems as you.
Channels don't work, slow to load. We end up watching a DVD.

The last time we had Direct tv here to install a new dish was the last time.
I had to call my husband at work to tell him this guy doesn't want to do his job. He's telling me what to do in a not so nice way. Very arrogant person. Hubby insisted I put that guy on the phone.
So I dd. By the time that conversation was over, not only did the guy have a new happy attitude he did his job.

Since it's illegal to shoot, capture, or harm a drone that's spying on you and since they all have cameras attached to them to see who you are, the best thing to do is go out and get a Megadrone, armed with torpedoes and giant claws.

Megadrone will actively engage with any trespassing drone and finish it off, including disabling the camera, so you can safely approach and pick up the invader and throw it out.

I can see Youtube now. Instead of having all those MIT students building robots that fight in a ring, drone wars will soon be on the air.

note: there is no such thing as Megadrone. Yet.

Since it's illegal to shoot, capture, or harm a drone that's spying on you and since they all have cameras attached to them to see who you are, the best thing to do is go out and get a Megadrone, armed with torpedoes and giant claws.

Megadrone will actively engage with any trespassing drone and finish it off, including disabling the camera, so you can safely approach and pick up the invader and throw it out.

I can see Youtube now. Instead of having all those MIT students building robots that fight in a ring, drone wars will soon be on the air.

note: there is no such thing as Megadrone. Yet.

I'm a deadeye with my pellet gun. It will never see what's coming. Along with any Jovians.

Now the satellite is working perfectly fine after a big storm!

Last edited:
I'm a deadeye with my pellet gun. It will never see what's coming. Along with any Jovians.

Now the satellite is working perfectly fine after a big storm!

I have no doubt that any drone in your neighborhood is in mortal danger. Then as it lies on the ground dead, Beagle can finish it off for you. :angel:

Its the Jovian scouts that will precede the invasion. They are monitoring the television signal that normally would stream to your antenna, and absorbing all of the RF energy. Be aware. Martians dissect you, study you, then put you back together and send you back home. Jovians eat humans. Lock your doors, windows, and all places where they could cane entrance to your home. Use titanium shutters, and place titanium bars on your stink tube (on the roof), and chimney. I'm telling ya, Jovians may be diminutive in size, but that's because the gravity of Jupiter is so much greater than that of our own planet, they need to be rediculously strong, and small, just to be able to stand up. On earth, that stregth allows the average Jovian the ability to life an elephant, with one hand.:ohmy:

Be afraid, my freind. Be very afraid. Muahahahahahaha.

Here, Chief. This should help.

tin-baseball.jpg

The system is broken for sure. I choose not to encourage those who have broken it.

I hate to say it, but I really identify with Monk's helper, Sharona, when she said she never votes because "it just encourages them".

I had a Grrrrr moment today. Last Sunday coming home from Seattle, my car started to surge when I accelerated and the engine light went on. I made it home, but I made an appointment to bring it in to the mechanic. That's this Tuesday.

Last Friday I took it out to see if the car would start. It started fine and had no problems being driven. The surging problem was gone. But the engine light was still on, so I decided it should still go in to the mechanic.

Today I dropped my friend Lisa off at her car (she parks at her work parking lot, on account of there's no other place in this idiot town to park). On the way home, my engine light went off. I ask you!

I'll call the mechanic tomorrow and see if I should still bring it in.

What that actually does is disrespect the memory and the suffering of the women who worked, and were tortured, to secure for all women the right to vote.

http://iron-jawed-angels.com/synopsis_1.htm

Isn't that something? How have women been subdued for so many years? We're smarter, tougher, more industrious, and matriarchal societies like elephants have done a pretty good job.

Isn't that something? How have women been subdued for so many years? We're smarter, tougher, more industrious, and matriarchal societies like elephants have done a pretty good job.

In general, men are heavier and have more physical strength. Before reliable birth control, women were not in control of their fertility and so they often submitted in order to protect their children.

And of course, through most of history, most religions required women to be submissive to men. Cultural and social norms are powerful incentives to conform.

Last edited:
What that actually does is disrespect the memory and the suffering of the women who worked, and were tortured, to secure for all women the right to vote.

Iron Jawed Angels - Synopsis: 1912 to 1914

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

But you could say the same thing about women who have had their tubes tied in the face of women who are desperate to have a baby. I'm under no obligation to have a baby just because someone else can't and I'm also under no obligation to vote because someone else couldn't.

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

But you could say the same thing about women who have had their tubes tied in the face of women who are desperate to have a baby. I'm under no obligation to have a baby just because someone else can't and I'm also under no obligation to vote because someone else couldn't.

This thread is for venting. I always assume what people say here is meant to be taken seriously.

No you aren't but yes you are.

Another woman having or not having a child has nothing to do with you. The women who worked for the vote did that *so that you, and the rest of us, could vote also.* Your obligation arises not because they couldn't but because they got the Constitution changed so that you *can*.

It was said by a wise man that you should always vote for the most qualified, and ethical candidate, whether you believe that person has a chance or not. To do otherwise defeats the ability of the people to select a responsible, and effective government.

I would also add that it is our responsibility to learn about the people we vote for, and not by simply listening to their rhetoric. Until we, as a people, take our voting rights seriously, we will have the same ineffective governments that are controlled not by conscience, or a desire to do what is right for our countries, they will continue to be controlled by special interests, and big money. That's MHO.

It is said that we get the government we deserve. Looking at our society, I'd say that is a correct statement. So my pet peve in this is that we are not a responsible people who believe that we can make a change for the better by voting for men and women of strong moral character, who are not swayed by greed and power. Those people exist, but are never taken seriously in our social eye, at least not when politics is involved.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I would not say never, Chief. My congressman is a good man with an excellent record of not just rhetoric but action. They're out there; they just don't get as much national public attention as the people who are controversial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom