Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that would gripe me too! Not just the money, but the no nap thing! Grrrr!

Update: Dishwasher is completely dead, new dishwasher is in the garage waiting until Wed pm to be installed. Sigh. That seems like a long time, but at least I still have a dishwasher!

My dishwasher is not working...he's watching law and Order...:ROFLMAO:

Thank kind of behavior is enough to ruin your good mood. I really hate it when people seem to go out of their way to do that. I think that kind of behavior warrants a letter to the owner or manager.

Thanks Licia and Kades for your advices,you know they mean a lot to me...

Holy crap sarah! 3 toddlers???? No WONDER you need to vent. They'd drive a saint to drink! I know what you mean, it hurts your heart when the little poops get your goat. Take heart, and find rooms with doors that close. That might not be easy sometimes, but give it a go. I also found (if you have a high tolerance for mess) that some of the simplest things will help everyone get along.

1. Make cookies together. Give everyone hunk of sugar cookie dough to cut shapes out of.
2. Make playdough and give everyone some cookie cutters to play with.
3. Try funky stuff like sucking jello up through a straw
3. Make finger paint with liquid dish soap and tempra paint and let them paint a window with it. BONUS: When you finally wash off their artwork all you need is water! Soap is already there!
4. And finally, come visit often! There's lots of us Mom's who've been exactly where you are and will offer you virtual hugs when you need them. Many is the time I've come here for comfort when I felt like the meanest mom in history. This place is family, and we're here to be your sanity break. {{{{{{sarah}}}}}}

Edit: sarah, check out this thread starting on page 32, post 315 and on for a page or so. You'll see what I mean.

Awwww Alix...thanks for being so kind and understanding,it really really makes u feel like u r not alone when u see other moms telling similar stories about their kids and offering great advice,u r right,i really did feel those virtual hugs from u guys and guess what,they make me feel so much better,Thanks for all the support and yeah i know whenever i feel like the world is falling apart,this is the place to visit...
You know i do make cookies with them quite often,although it does make cleaning the kitchen later all the more difficult:LOL:,but i guess its worth it...and i'm planning on going for that funky trick u told me about,with them.It sounds just like something they would love to do,who knows it might take their little evil minds off some mischief for some time....;)

Hope it helps sarah! I've worked with kids of all ages for some time and honestly the trick is to keep them BUSY til its time to crash. LOL!

Anytime you need a hug, come on over!

oh and sorry about your dishwasher Alix! hope the new one gets installed soon,how did your busy week go?

Did you treat yourself to takeout after your day yesterday?

As a matter of fact, my husband took me out for Chinese!

Every week is a busy week for Alix! :ohmy:

True dat!
oh and sorry about your dishwasher Alix! hope the new one gets installed soon,how did your busy week go?

And nope, only a short way through the week. I'm currently at the teaching job at the college, on my lunch. Tomorrow and Friday are at two different mental health facilities. Dishwasher gets installed at 4pm tomorrow!

How about good venting? I've had an excellent day so far. I had food stamps ($52) and only two items I needed because I had stocked up on my own last month, so I was able to splurge on all kinds of cheeses, including the makings for lasagna that I've been craving.

My back feels fine today, quite a relief. I feel human.

There. It does feel good to express good feelings, just as it really helps being able to vent the bad ones. I love this thread and all of you too.

How about good venting? I've had an excellent day so far. I had food stamps ($52) and only two items I needed because I had stocked up on my own last month, so I was able to splurge on all kinds of cheeses, including the makings for lasagna that I've been craving.

There. It does feel good to express good feelings, just as it really helps being able to vent the bad ones. I love this thread and all of you too.
I wasn't able to have my regular birthday dinner on my birthday, so Sunday I bought groceries (used all but $7 of our food stamps) and got plenty of stuff to make lasagna. So we will have my "Birthday" dinner Friday when James comes home. My birthday dinner is always either homemade lasagna or homemade pizza, German chocolate cake, and ice cream.

Enjoy your lasagna! I'm glad your back feels fine. :cool:

:)Barbara

z, how about starting a happy vent thread. It seem like a great idea....
kades

z, how about starting a happy vent thread. It seem like a great idea....
kades

I was thinking that too, but I did get that wonderful feeling that I get when I vent bad stuff. What could we call it?

Anyone have suggestions ideas? Happy Venting?

I don't know, I started to make a new thread, but I could think of so many other places to post what I had to say. The venting thread seems to be where we air our upsets, and how they get solved. Why not let people know that venting is not always a bad thing? I'm still thinking.

I just finished my toasted 12 grain slice of bread with some Gruyere and some Brie too. My stomach is in MMMMMMmmmmmm mode right now. :D

Back
Top Bottom