"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #91
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks MollyAnne.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #92
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks, Mollyanne!

Old 01-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #93
Master Chef

LP....
Quote:
a gold crown and pin in my hip.
I read that as "a pin in my lip".............ROTFL I was just not picturing you with a pierced lip.

I thought I'd get all freaked out with my MRI but it was a cinch, and I was very surprised. There's a mirror that's tilted so you can see your feet, and the booth where the technician is......that was a HUGE help. The clanging sound is really loud but they give you headphones that help.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #94
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Kayelle, for the tips. They will help.

As for the piercing, a few years ago we were cooking at a kid's camp and all the staff were much younger than us, but we fit in well with them. We came home for a break and I came back with a pierced eyebrow. They loved it. When I had my knee surgery I had to take it out and it was giving me problems so I left it out. That was a few months before my 50th birthday and I had planned on removing it then anyway.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #95
Chef Extraordinaire

went shoe shopping last night. payless is having their buy one get one half price. usually i have a hard time finding shoes that fit. i have a very wide foot and unless i want to pay an arm and a leg, just have to search. i found not one but two pair that fit me . bought a pair of boots, and a darling pair of red flats. don't think i have ever had red shoes. thought it was time. lol.

today tennis shoes i had ordered on line came today and they fit perfectly. they are wide so that is why. dr. scholls shoes so should be comfortable.

i am jazzed and will be well shod.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #96
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, Kayelle, for the tips. They will help.

As for the piercing, a few years ago we were cooking at a kid's camp and all the staff were much younger than us, but we fit in well with them. We came home for a break and I came back with a pierced eyebrow. They loved it. When I had my knee surgery I had to take it out and it was giving me problems so I left it out. That was a few months before my 50th birthday and I had planned on removing it then anyway.
My 16 yo Granddaughter has a pierced eyebrow, and she was "scared" to show Nana. I actually liked it. She was thrilled, and I made points. Nana's no dummy.
Lip piercings are something else......guess I've never seen one that didn't look icky and on the verge of being infected.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #97
Master Chef

I came home yesterday, my husband greeted me at the door. "Claire, you keep saying that the right pet will find us when the time comes ... well, she has, but she's larger than you want." My immediate thought was, please don't tell me he's adopted a huge dog! He led me to a window, and there in our fenced in back yard was a young doe! She looked so lonely, lost and forlorn. We didn't used to see deer this far into town very often, but this year there has been a herd roaming the area, and she must have some how gotten separated from them. But she stayed with us all afternoon, napping and staring at us through the window. We have the only fenced in yard in the neighborhood (it's only a 4' fence, no obstacle for a deer), so they seldom bother with our yard, wandering through our neighbors' instead. Finally, around 6, she nibbled from a few dead phlox plants and just disappeared. We enjoyed her company for the afternoon, though, and hope she safely found her herd and is where she belongs!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #98
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What a wonderful experience!

Hey, did you notice Happy Note Venting has almost a hundred posts!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #99
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My blood pressure is slowly coming down to something reasonable on the new medication. Yay! It's about time!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #100
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
Wow Z and Princess you two are doing great!!!!

I met up with a friend today that I haven't seen in ages. She mentioned that she is going to the "gentle fit" water exercises I used to attend and said she needs some incentive to keep going. I said I needed some to start going again so we are meeting at the pool on Tuesday morning. I can't wait!

My venting on a happy note:
Some of you know I have been waiting about 18 months for an MRI. I finally got the call yesterday and it is for March 29th in the evening.

Anyway, they give me the appointment and then say not to wear any scents or metal. Um, uh, I have a knee made out of titanium, a gold crown and pin in my hip. So the receptionist told me I better phone the imaging department to find out if it was okay. I was dumbfounded how I could wait that long, with three doctors all knowing my complete history just to have this brought up now.

I phoned today and the only thing they were worried about is the pin but they checked my records (it was done at the same hospital and it is fine.

I hope now we can get to the bottom of my vertigo, sporadic numbness, etc. The symptoms aren't bad, but annoying and a little unnerving at times.

Hey, maybe I can free myself of my claustrophobia too!
Titanium and gold aren't magnetic, so should be no worries :)