Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really nice, for you too. It's a compliment to how she is raised. Congratulations.

congrats, rock! being elected by your peers makes it even more of an accomplishment. you must be a proud papa.

i'm hoping that we're beginning down a similar road. my boy got straight a's all year in first grade, got glowing reviews from all of his teachers (several mentioned that he was a very caring and had a good heart) and if he did well on the state testing, he will be eligible to go into the gifted and/or talented school next year.

i have a feeling he is gifted because you are such a good dad, you have offered many learning experiences. some of them , you probably don't think of as learning. but kids are sponges and he is soaking up what you present to him everyday. good job!

...my boy got straight a's all year in first grade, got glowing reviews from all of his teachers (several mentioned that he was a very caring and had a good heart) and if he did well on the state testing, he will be eligible to go into the gifted and/or talented school next year.

That's wonderful Bucky! :clap::dizzy::)

congrats, rock! being elected by your peers makes it even more of an accomplishment. you must be a proud papa.

i'm hoping that we're beginning down a similar road. my boy got straight a's all year in first grade, got glowing reviews from all of his teachers (several mentioned that he was a very caring and had a good heart) and if he did well on the state testing, he will be eligible to go into the gifted and/or talented school next year.
How wonderfu BT. He is so much like you it's great. I am so proud of both of you. Like father like son.
kades:)

My daughter will be valedictorian for her graduation this year. She was chosen by her fellow students. We are very happy for her.
That's great!

WooHoo!

My gifted and talented 5-year-old (translated "husband") left for his official first day of work nearly an hour ago. He has about a 55 mile drive. The job won't be full-time until he has gone through up to 6 months of training. Part of the week he will be training (about 75 miles from here) and part of the week he will be working on "live" projects. We are both so excited about his new job! :cool:

Yea James, give him a big hug for me Barbara. He really deserves it and more.
cj

Last edited:

That's great news, BT! The little guy must be a chip off the old block. The feeling of pride never goes away.

wow, babe, thank you. i'm humbled.

and thanks to selkie, kads, andy and barbara; humbled and thanful. he's my pride and joy.

but like rock, i have to give most of the credit to my wife. she spends far more time with him than i do, so she's both his greatest influence, and the seed of kindness in his heart.

lol, barbara, @ your gifted and talented 5 year old.

he certainly is... :mrgreen:

I know I complained about FireFox 5.0 being incompatible with a couple of my favorite add-ons. They are all corrected.

What's new, or at least new to me is the fact that I can now control my tabs so that new searches, etc., appear in their own tab rather than changing the tab I'm on.

This will allow me to look up something and go back to the original posting I'm working on without coming back to find the whole post is blank.

I just right clicked on the tab and selected "Pin as App Tab". So now I have permanent tabs for DC, my TV listings, and weather, they are much smaller, showing only the icon.

I love it!

I'm smiling from ear to ear all four of my kids are here and all but 2 of the grand kids are here. So far the day has be wonderful.The grand kids are swimming and diving munching on goodies. yummo. I couldn't ask for more this day has been perfect.Happy fourth everyone.
kades

Today is the day I get my email electric bill and I was really dreading it because I've had to run the a/c a lot this past month. It's only $5 more than last month for a total of $30.xx! Whoopee! I guess now I can afford to let myself be a little more comfortable.

Today is the day I get my email electric bill and I was really dreading it because I've had to run the a/c a lot this past month. It's only $5 more than last month for a total of $30.xx! Whoopee! I guess now I can afford to let myself be a little more comfortable.

You can save towards that iceberg...:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom