Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Does he know how to vacuum? :LOL:

No. So I guess I'll have to include the Roomba. :LOL: Really adds to the shipping charges.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
The cat's will just burn it up, better keep it. Just make sure he has underwear and socks.:ROFLMAO:

Got it. Will ship him to North Dakota, send you the socks and undies, and keep the Roomba. And get a cat.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Duct Tape...

Oh yeah! Note to self: renew duct tape supply.....

Scotch tape just isn't the same. He's able to break through it.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
You could just take him to the edge of town and let him find his way here...

He'd fall into the river...especially with all that Scotch tape.

Both my daughters shared good news this past week.

My older daughter was named the MVP (Employee) of the year for the company. All the stories I've heard about her work must be true.

My younger daughter just changed jobs to a better company. She wangled a big raise out of it and is happy for growing responsibilities with a growing company.

A really good week for proud dads!

My older daughter was named the MVP (Employee) of the year for the company. All the stories I've heard about her work must be true.

My younger daughter just changed jobs to a better company. She wangled a big raise out of it and is happy for growing responsibilities with a growing company.

w00t!

Yay! Conga-Rats to both of them and the proud papa!

Congratulations all around; the daughters for their accomplishments, and you for being such a great dad!

My youngest just 21 went..........

Congrats Andy M.

My son--
It's 10 days since my youngest's 21st birthday. He had been on the road to no-where this past few years, which was scary for me and I guess finally for him. No job....and 21 years old. Living at home-failure to launch--though a GREAT person to be here with chores and him taking responsibility for himself, never a bother or a conflict. I do adore him.

He's launched.

Now I need to do all the chores he used to do. :):) He won't be cooking for us or with us. We'll have to take out our own garbage and wash our own dishes. Lawn, snow shoveling......this should all get me back in shape. I'll miss him on fishing trips. This is a good thing, this is a good thing, this is a good thing.:) Someone kindly remind me that this is a good thing when I get to not being sure of myself.

I met someone 6+ years ago, that I trust (amish-y, christian, frugal, down to earth, calm demeanor, excellent teacher), that lives 600 miles from here. He and his wife have an organic farm with chickens. He offered to apprentice my son, and amazingly, my son accepted. I bought him train tickets last week to go for a 3 month commitment which might be extended after that. He left Sat. arrived Sun., worked and learned new things (using a chain saw, hauling wood, met the chickens) , after being awake 36 hours he crashed and slept 13 hours, got up ate french toast and will spend today working (with chickens and reading the tractor manuals). I'm SO HAPPY FOR HIM, I MISS HIM TERRIBLY.:(:( I usually don't cry. (think- Charlie St. Cloud when he is losing his brother)

He's going to learn electrical, plumbing, tractors, machines, chickens, eggs, farmer's market, farm upkeep, computers, and --jack and jill of all trades are his teachers--they are teaching him. It's a good thing for him, and a good thing for the farm. Win-Win!

Last edited:
blissful, that's great news. It sometimes takes longer to find your place. It's great he's on his way.

Back
Top Bottom