"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #151
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, princess. there's 5 stages of the office supply paradigm.

first, the envy when you see someone with a lot of all they need.

then denial of said envy that no one needs that much.

then theft. it's a big company, they won't miss this box of notepads or pencils

next is remorse. for being no less than a flat out thief.

finally, acceptance and rationalization. it IS a big company and certainly won't miss this stapler.

the cycle then continues. transmogrifying. should i go on?
I'll have to disagree with this...I purchase all my hoard...I don't even have a stash of pens from work. I asked for a stapler for two weeks, finally bought my own.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #152
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh, I love office supplies...weird, I know! I like to buy paper...Shrek has forbidden me to go by myself, I always have some rationale for the paper I buy...of course, we have stacks of paper and notepads. But, we never run out of paper clips...in any color you could want
Ken will not allow me into the "pen aisle" of any office supply store. I have a serious problem. I once wandered into the supply aisle of Costco and came home with Uniball pens of every colour. I only bought ONE BOX though!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #153
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Ken will not allow me into the "pen aisle" of any office supply store. I have a serious problem. I once wandered into the supply aisle of Costco and came home with Uniball pens of every colour. I only bought ONE BOX though!
Costco is worse...everything comes in big packages. The only thing that saves me is they don't carry the pen I like.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #154
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'll have to disagree with this...I purchase all my hoard...I don't even have a stash of pens from work. I asked for a stapler for two weeks, finally bought my own.
Me too (of course it's my company ). Some people think it's expected and okay. I once had an employee who helped herself to my stuff. Some sort of logic that it was one of the perqs of office work and that it was a business expense to me.

When I did have employers, I never took stuff. I may have kept a pen or two, when I was in my twenties, but I can't say I remember doing that. My mum told us about "horrible, dishonest people" who did that sort of thing and her shock at them bragging about it.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #155
Chef Extraordinaire

DH got a job! It's in his field (he's a computer geek) in a startup company in Calgary, Alberta. No moving required, he will be telecommuting. The pay isn't as good as he had hoped, but it's not terrible and it includes medical and dental after three months.

This is a big relief. It has been making him depressed. The last time he had a job was a three month contract that ended right after the stock market tanked, so it didn't get renewed.

The money won't hurt.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #156
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
DH got a job! It's in his field (he's a computer geek) in a startup company in Calgary, Alberta. No moving required, he will be telecommuting. The pay isn't as good as he had hoped, but it's not terrible and it includes medical and dental after three months.

This is a big relief. It has been making him depressed. The last time he had a job was a three month contract that ended right after the stock market tanked, so it didn't get renewed.

The money won't hurt.
Terrific I'm so happy for the two of you.
kades
Old 04-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #157
Master Chef

Quote:

The money won't hurt.
What wonderful news TL !!!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #158
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:

The money won't hurt.
Yay! I'm so happy for you both!

James is still looking for work, and I have just had this really positive feeling about it the last couple days. Hopefully I will be posting good news here soon too!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #159
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yay! I'm so happy for you both!

James is still looking for work, and I have just had this really positive feeling about it the last couple days. Hopefully I will be posting good news here soon too!
Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and James. What is James' field?

Thank you to Kayelle and Kadesma too. I love those dancing dudes.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #160
Executive Chef

Quote:

The money won't hurt.
Great news!