Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thankful for this thread......thanks Z.

Well, this is a big day. We are going to Las Vegas for a quiet private wedding ceremony in front of the beautiful fountain in front of the Bellagio Hotel on Saturday.
Bellagio Fountain Show

Let me back up. My wonderful husband of three years, has finally repaired his torn relationship with his 40 year old son. It's a too long story, but his son really never knew his dad, because of his bitter mother. What a shame for this father and son, for all these wasted years.

Anyway, Andy (the son) called today and asked us to come to Vegas so Steve (my husband, his father) can be his "best man". I could cry for them, it is such a wonderful thing. It will just be the four of us, and very simple, in front of this beautiful fountain.
Is there anything more wonderful than love?

update on the wedding: (I'll post a picture when I figure out how to get it off my brand new camera)

It was just spectacular!! It was all planned in three days, very simple, but just spectacular. Just after their vows were said, the fountain started it's dance to the Sinatra classic, "Fly Me to the Moon". Just remarkable as it happened to be right on cue!! The four of us danced to the music with the dancing fountain as the backdrop. Lots of smiles and happy tears from all.
We had a lovely dinner together at a window table that overlooked the fountain. When they left for their honeymoon room, Steve said that next to our own wedding in Greece, it was the happiest night of his life.
Again, ain't love grand?:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Thanks so much for all the good wishes, you guys are the best!!

Last edited:
wowee zowee, kayelle
...that's one happy vent!
I love how you all danced
to "Fly Me To The Moon"...perfect!

Attachments

• Fly_Me_To_The_Moon_by_Marinshe.jpg
    Fly_Me_To_The_Moon_by_Marinshe.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 288
Whew!!! I have been wanting to add my music playlist to my blog for a long time now (my daughter has it on hers and I wanted it too). I finally figured it out and have it on there now. Finally! Now I have to add more songs!

:)Barbara

On a happy note, my maintenance guy/hero came through with a working TV delivered this morning. It's the same size as the one I had but without the built in VCR, and it's silver instead of black. I had hoped for a little bigger than 14", but hey. No shopping, delivered, $20. SWEET!

On a happy note, my maintenance guy/hero came through with a working TV delivered this morning. It's the same size as the one I had but without the built in VCR, and it's silver instead of black. I had hoped for a little bigger than 14", but hey. No shopping, delivered, $20. SWEET!

Yea!!!!

Tiny bit of background: My paydays are on Tuesday, not until recently have I been working on paydays and I've been getting my days mixed up...must still be on nightshift time.

Another: I fall asleep as a sanity-saving, self-defense mechanism when riding in a car with a reckless driver.

The other night I had a distressing dream. Shrek and I are in the car and he asked me if I had remembered to pick up my paycheck. I said no, I had forgotten about it but would get it later. In the dream, Shrek started accelerating in the car, taking all kinds of reckless risks, so I fell asleep in the dream and decided there it was just a dream and woke to still be in the car. This happened several times. And when I finally did wake up i was angry at Shrek for being so wreckless until I woke up enough to realize it had all been a dream.

When I told Shrek about the dream he laughed his butt off!:rolleyes:

Yesterday, while tooling around the building, I remembered it was Tuesday and went to Reception to pick up my paycheck. I didn't remember the dream incident at that time. The receptionist was busy on the phone and the desk was not set up for payday. I wandered off down the hall and asked the first CNA I kew if it was payday.

She told me payday was last week. :shock: I was wondering if I had picked up my paycheck and forgotten about it or what the heck was going on.

So, I went back to payroll and asked Kathy if I had missed a payday. She found my paycheck in the box on her desk. I had forgotten payday:ohmy:

About that time I remembered the dream and got a chuckle out of it, listen to your dreams!!! Shrek is still laughing about it.

The best part...we get paid three times this month. I can do what ever I want with it, Black Friday is coming up and still make next month's rent on time:)

Maybe you forgot about it because you are used to 2 paydays a month.

You must be thrilled, an extra payday right before Christmas.

Maybe you forgot about it because you are used to 2 paydays a month.

You must be thrilled, an extra payday right before Christmas.

I think it was because I had a dentist appointment on my mind...that kinda wiped out a lot in the few days before the appointment.:LOL:

The extra paycheck is earmarked for our anniversary next month. I'm thinking a one night staycation at the Hilton.

Jitterbug Mouse Update

I found the solution to the jitterbugging computer mouse. The recliner I sit in is covered with a quilted bedspread and has lots of seams. This wasn't ever a problem when I had the plug in optical mouse, it worked even when on top of the crumpled up afghan I was working on was on the arm of the chair.

I guessed the seams were causing the problem with reception, so I put my mouse pad over the arm of the chair and no problems since.

It was kinda fun sometimes, and even solved a problem for me. The icon tray kept getting in the way when I had it set to hide. On the bottom, it got in the way of the system tray on Firefox. To the left, in the way of the go back arrow, on the right, the scroll bar. I liked hide because I wanted as much screen as possible showing.

Suddenly this morning, I found the tray at the top of my screen where it didn't get in the way of anything. I unhid the tray, changed the icons to small and now I'm all set.

Somehow the jitterbugging mouse had moved my tray and it's icons to a better place.

Anyway, problems all solved.:LOL:

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday that made me feel really good.

After doing my shopping at Sav A Lot I swiped my food stamps card which should have had about $3 or $4 left on it, planning to use my debit card for most of the purchase. The food stamps card paid for my whole purchase! Apparently they added money to it or paid in my monthly amount before the due date, but for whatever reason, I get to spend my own cash on another trip to WalMart next week.

Sometimes I think this place is magic. Similar surprises have happened here making me feel like I have definitely moved to the right place.

I got to work on time, despite having to detour around three wrecks. Unlocked the door and looked at everything I had spread all over. Trust me, it was organized chaos, my favorite kind. I had been on my own for more than half the day yesterday and was most productive, so much so, that I had nothing to do today for 10 hours.:shock:

I can't do that...so I got out a notebook and took down notes, called my supervisor and asked the questions I had listed. She said, "What did you say?" I told her I got everything done that I possibly could and I had 14 questions with how to proceed for the day. She was flabbergasted.

Basically, I had got done in 7 hours what takes her and a co-worker 3 days to get done. So we went over my questions and she taught me something new over the phone. We hung up and I dove into work.

By the end of my shift I had completed another 3 days worth of work for them. I feel good!:)

I got to work on time, despite having to detour around three wrecks. Unlocked the door and looked at everything I had spread all over. Trust me, it was organized chaos, my favorite kind. I had been on my own for more than half the day yesterday and was most productive, so much so, that I had nothing to do today for 10 hours.:shock:

I can't do that...so I got out a notebook and took down notes, called my supervisor and asked the questions I had listed. She said, "What did you say?" I told her I got everything done that I possibly could and I had 14 questions with how to proceed for the day. She was flabbergasted.

Basically, I had got done in 7 hours what takes her and a co-worker 3 days to get done. So we went over my questions and she taught me something new over the phone. We hung up and I dove into work.

By the end of my shift I had completed another 3 days worth of work for them. I feel good!:)

as well you should. :cool:

My work ethic was "always stay one step ahead of the boss." It worked really well as I was always getting promoted.

Thank you! I have a feeling they will find umpteen things I did wrong...only to find out I did them right. But I will hear about it on Tuesday.

I think I scare them...

Thank you! I have a feeling they will find umpteen things I did wrong...only to find out I did them right. But I will hear about it on Tuesday.

I think I scare them...

Scare away, your Ogressness. I'll be interested to see what they have to say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom