Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feeling good today. I got into the dentist & he put some medicated gauze on my missing tooth space. I could hardly believe how instantly better I felt.

Great! I always worry when I hear someone has a bad tooth or space where a tooth once was.

I'm excited! I finally ordered a new flat screen TV. I've been using a 14" which works just fine, but is too small. I found an RCA 19" LCD flat screen that should be delivered next Monday. With tax and shipping $136!

This will be my first experience with a flat screen, so if anyone has any warnings or info I should know about, please let me know.

I'm excited! I finally ordered a new flat screen TV. I've been using a 14" which works just fine, but is too small. I found an RCA 19" LCD flat screen that should be delivered next Monday. With tax and shipping $136!

This will be my first experience with a flat screen, so if anyone has any warnings or info I should know about, please let me know.
Can't help you with the flat screen, but want to say good for you. ENJOY you deserve it.
cj

Can't help you with the flat screen, but want to say good for you. ENJOY you deserve it.
cj

Thanks, cj! I'm glad I did it. I've been wanting a bigger TV for a long time and when I saw the latest prices I realized I could afford it.

I didn't want a huge TV though, some of the commercials, especially for other shows on Animal Planet, I don't want to see bigger (like Infested).:LOL:

Thanks, cj! I'm glad I did it. I've been wanting a bigger TV for a long time and when I saw the latest prices I realized I could afford it.

I didn't want a huge TV though, some of the commercials, especially for other shows on Animal Planet, I don't want to see bigger (like Infested).:LOL:

A 19" HDTV will give you images (of people for example) about an inch taller than you 14" analog TV. You'll have a very bright and crisp picture. Do you have cable? You might give them a call to see if you need different equipment.

Enjoy.

Sounds good, Andy. I'll wait until I get it hooked up before calling my cable company. If the regular picture is good enough I don't want to have to pay extra for HDTV.

Never spray the screen only the cloth, use only a microfiber cloth and when you do buy a cleaner for it, make sure it is rated for flat screens. Enjoy!

Oh! Don't put knick-knacks in front of it. Shrek does that and then can't figure out why the remote doesn't work!

Thanks, Princess. Good news: I just got confirmation that it shipped and is now expected to be delivered May 3rd!!! That's fast. It's shipping from Maryland

Congratulations. My kids bought me a larger flat monitor. I had a really hard time adjusting to it. I have to tilt my head back to see the top. Then they got me a 42" TV. Wow! What a difference. But believe me I adjusted very nicely to both. You could never get me to go back to the old way. I do not have HDTV and am doing fine with it. The picture is sharp and clear. Like PF said. Use only the microfiber cloth that comes with it to clean it. And don't press too hard on the screen. A light hand here is called for.

Welcome to today's modern world. Sit back. put your feet up and enjoy your new world. :):)

I will have a new nephew, coming in September! Ultrasound looked good. Have to tease Baby Bro that he'll be in his wheelchair by the time the kid graduates. SIL just celebrated her # 40! Excited! New nephew will join his 4 yo big sis!

Dawgluver said:
I will have a new nephew, coming in September! Ultrasound looked good. Have to tease Baby Bro that he'll be in his wheelchair by the time the kid graduates. SIL just celebrated her # 40! Excited! New nephew will join his 4 yo big sis!

Congrats! Yay for babies!

Nephews are the best...they get all the loud toys.:rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Nephews are the best...they get all the loud toys.:rolleyes:

:LOL: The niece got the pink bubble blowing lawnmower, pink wheelbarrow, the pink scooter, and pink trike. And dolls. I will have to rethink this. Obviously handmedowns won't work.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Harmonicas, kazoos and drums...:rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Heh. Sweet revenge. Baby bro ( dad) is 10 years younger than I, and I remember the noise! Perfect!

Will start collecting now. Thanks, PF!

My new TV came today. It was easy to set up. I had to arrange for the HDTV service, but it will only cost $14 more a month, including the box. The picture is pretty lousy without it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom