"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #211
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
congrats, rock! being elected by your peers makes it even more of an accomplishment. you must be a proud papa.

i'm hoping that we're beginning down a similar road. my boy got straight a's all year in first grade, got glowing reviews from all of his teachers (several mentioned that he was a very caring and had a good heart) and if he did well on the state testing, he will be eligible to go into the gifted and/or talented school next year.
How wonderfu BT. He is so much like you it's great. I am so proud of both of you. Like father like son.
kades

Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #212
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
My daughter will be valedictorian for her graduation this year. She was chosen by her fellow students. We are very happy for her.
That's great!

Quote:
congrats, rock! being elected by your peers makes it even more of an accomplishment. you must be a proud papa.

i'm hoping that we're beginning down a similar road. my boy got straight a's all year in first grade, got glowing reviews from all of his teachers (several mentioned that he was a very caring and had a good heart) and if he did well on the state testing, he will be eligible to go into the gifted and/or talented school next year.
WooHoo!

My gifted and talented 5-year-old (translated "husband") left for his official first day of work nearly an hour ago. He has about a 55 mile drive. The job won't be full-time until he has gone through up to 6 months of training. Part of the week he will be training (about 75 miles from here) and part of the week he will be working on "live" projects. We are both so excited about his new job!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #213
Chef Extraordinaire

Yea James, give him a big hug for me Barbara. He really deserves it and more.
cj
Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #214
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Yea James, give him a big hug for mr Barbara. He really deserves it and more.
cj
I definitely will!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #215
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

That's great news, BT! The little guy must be a chip off the old block. The feeling of pride never goes away.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #216
Chef Extraordinaire

wow, babe, thank you. i'm humbled.

and thanks to selkie, kads, andy and barbara; humbled and thanful. he's my pride and joy.

but like rock, i have to give most of the credit to my wife. she spends far more time with him than i do, so she's both his greatest influence, and the seed of kindness in his heart.

lol, barbara, @ your gifted and talented 5 year old.

he certainly is...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #217
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I know I complained about FireFox 5.0 being incompatible with a couple of my favorite add-ons. They are all corrected.

What's new, or at least new to me is the fact that I can now control my tabs so that new searches, etc., appear in their own tab rather than changing the tab I'm on.

This will allow me to look up something and go back to the original posting I'm working on without coming back to find the whole post is blank.

I just right clicked on the tab and selected "Pin as App Tab". So now I have permanent tabs for DC, my TV listings, and weather, they are much smaller, showing only the icon.

I love it!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #218
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm smiling from ear to ear all four of my kids are here and all but 2 of the grand kids are here. So far the day has be wonderful.The grand kids are swimming and diving munching on goodies. yummo. I couldn't ask for more this day has been perfect.Happy fourth everyone.
kades
Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #219
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Today is the day I get my email electric bill and I was really dreading it because I've had to run the a/c a lot this past month. It's only $5 more than last month for a total of $30.xx! Whoopee! I guess now I can afford to let myself be a little more comfortable.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #220
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Today is the day I get my email electric bill and I was really dreading it because I've had to run the a/c a lot this past month. It's only $5 more than last month for a total of $30.xx! Whoopee! I guess now I can afford to let myself be a little more comfortable.
You can save towards that iceberg...