Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was shopping at Zeller's and they had this on clearance for $21.00!
AAAAC11zTRkAAAAAAKeNEg.jpg

I never had a slow cooker before, so I got one. This is going to be fun. The crocks are 2.5 quarts each and dishwasher safe, so are the lids.

w00t!

Bargain! :)

The other day, I was chatting with my daughters about my physical therapy and that it was going well. I commented that I had told the therapist my goal was to be able to cook a full Thanksgiving dinner. He said OK if I didn't try to lift the bird.

I told my kids I'd cook if they agreed to come for dinner. They agreed to come for dinner and to help cook. I have been exercising like a fiend ever since. I'm always happiest when they are here to share a holiday with me.

I have to also appreciate the fact that SO is making a big sacrifice as Thanksgiving has never been a holiday she liked and she's diving in to do what she can.

Andy, sounds like you may have the best Thanksgiving ever.

I wish regular exercise showed improvement as quickly as physio exercising does. Then it would be easy to keep up the motivation.

I've been drinking low fat milk with cinnamon every night for about a week now and since I started doing it my bloodsugar is normal. I know cinnamon is good for diabetics, wonder if this is the reason why? haven't taken any meds for 2 days either and still I'm fine :)

Andy, sounds like you may have the best Thanksgiving ever.

I wish regular exercise showed improvement as quickly as physio exercising does. Then it would be easy to keep up the motivation.

You are right about that!

I can see almost immediate improvement when I do the flexibility exercises. My range of pain-free motion is growing daily.

Too bad I can't watch certain centrally located parts shrink daily when I exercise. It would be a great incentive to continue.

I've been drinking low fat milk with cinnamon every night for about a week now and since I started doing it my bloodsugar is normal. I know cinnamon is good for diabetics, wonder if this is the reason why? haven't taken any meds for 2 days either and still I'm fine :)
snip Your on the right track. My son takes cinnamon capsules and I'm going to start them so I can get off the insulin i've been taking in the mornings. Go for it girl see if you can find the capsules that should help a lot.
kades (ma)

so me fine Lady what went so well today? What ever it was I'm thrilled for you sweetie.
Take good care.
ma

I had my annual check-up today, too. You know what that entails. Everything looks good. Some medication adjustments, but nothing new or radical. Like taking my one blood pressure med at night to avoid low blood pressures two hours after taking it. I was having trouble with low pressures making me very lightheaded in the morning. An increase in my diabetes medication, because the statin the Cardiologist put me on has raised my blood sugars by 20 points.

snip Your on the right track. My son takes cinnamon capsules and I'm going to start them so I can get off the insulin i've been taking in the mornings. Go for it girl see if you can find the capsules that should help a lot.
kades (ma)

Thanks Kades :) I'll look for them. I was drinking cinnamon for a different reason all together. Didn't think it would help for this :LOL:
Go figure! Still no meds and I'm not even behaving fully with my meals and my sugar is fine. Not that I'm eating badly on purpose, just don't have money to go and buy other foods till friday.
I have been taking Cayenne capsules for my heart, sure I'll find cinnamon at the same health shop.

Thanks Kades :) I'll look for them. I was drinking cinnamon for a different reason all together. Didn't think it would help for this :LOL:
Go figure! Still no meds and I'm not even behaving fully with my meals and my sugar is fine. Not that I'm eating badly on purpose, just don't have money to go and buy other foods till friday.
I have been taking Cayenne capsules for my heart, sure I'll find cinnamon at the same health shop.
I wish that I could take cinnamon. It gives me terrrible heartburn & indigestion. I love the smell of it but it just hurts so bad.

Back
Top Bottom