Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish that I could take cinnamon. It gives me terrrible heartburn & indigestion. I love the smell of it but it just hurts so bad.

It kills me too. I'm learned to take it first thing in the morning, that way I'm still up and active, no slowing or laying down. I'm able to handle it a lot better if it's before I eat breakfast.

That had to feel real good to get back all positive results. Congratulations you are definitely doing things right.:)

As a little background and why this makes me so happy. Some of you know, I had a bout with breast cancer and am now 10 years cancer free. So it rocks my world to have such good results.:)

As a little background and why this makes me so happy. Some of you know, I had a bout with breast cancer and am now 10 years cancer free. So it rocks my world to have such good results.:)
I had no idea. That deserves a double Congratulations!!!

The other day, I was chatting with my daughters about my physical therapy and that it was going well. I commented that I had told the therapist my goal was to be able to cook a full Thanksgiving dinner. He said OK if I didn't try to lift the bird.

I told my kids I'd cook if they agreed to come for dinner. They agreed to come for dinner and to help cook. I have been exercising like a fiend ever since. I'm always happiest when they are here to share a holiday with me.

I have to also appreciate the fact that SO is making a big sacrifice as Thanksgiving has never been a holiday she liked and she's diving in to do what she can.

Sounds like Occupational Therapy :cool: (Sorry, had to throw that in, it's what I do.) :LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:

10 years! :) :)

PrincessFiona60 said:

So happy for you.

On the news front: A 90+ American/Japanese veteran of WWII was on his death bed and his last act was to cast his absentee ballot. He then passed away peacefully.

Yesterday I made sure they scheduled my surgery on November 6th so that I could go downstairs to cast my ballot before I head out the door for my eye surgery.

Two major acts by two minor cast members of today's society.

Just a reminder of how important our vote is in every electrion. Local primary or national. :angel:

Last edited:
Worked my behind off cleaning and washing before the weekend starts. Walked 3 times to the supmarket today, about 60 miles!!! I'm tired and very grateful that it's weekend! Just the monthly shopping and washing my sheets tomorrow :) Luckily hubby is home so I can take the car!

Stirling just got a call from the doctor's office. The MRI is clean! :w00t::clap::w00t2:
I was more than a little worried. He had the MRI because the CT scan showed a spot on his brain. I didn't tell him how worried I was. I didn't want to make him worry more than he already was doing. :in_love:

Stirling just got a call from the doctor's office. The MRI is clean! :w00t::clap::w00t2:
I was more than a little worried. He had the MRI because the CT scan showed a spot on his brain. I didn't tell him how worried I was. I didn't want to make him worry more than he already was doing. :in_love:

I'm so happy for you!!! You must be very relieved!

I'm so happy for you!!! You must be very relieved!
Thanks Snip. Yes, we are very relieved. Stirling posted it in his Facebook status and a friend posted this:

417659_138784492908864_1245993403_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom