Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm Still Smiling.:):):)...i may be smiling all day about an observation made, in a still moment of clarity, by tin (tinlizzie) in another thread, 'don't you feel like we are talking in nonsense sentences these days, that sound a lot like lewis carroll's writings, "twas brilling...." when we say things like, "note to self: 'google keurig on amazon....' in our everyday-speak....:)

take a few minutes and look at all of the "nonsense" words we use, quite unconsciously, every day. try making a list--see how many you can come up with....:)

That should be fun, Vi. Such a rich, bountiful crop to choose from -- some, like the "tweet/twitter" thing, should be outlawed, but it's probably too late now. In a kissin' cousin way, our local sports page recently ran a headline, "Horned Frogs top Longhorns." Shades of a stranger in a strange land. :LOL:

Bakechef, I too am just reading about this now and wish you and your partner sincere congratulations! Love is what matters on this earth and nothing else. I agree with Addie about the "Courthouse and small reception" idea.

My TB and I never wanted the huge wedding that seemed to be playing out with the fact that his immediate family alone (at that time, it has since grown more) was 15 including spouses and kids and aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. brought it over 100 before my side and friends were even considered. It was my second marriage and neither of us wanted the stress. We got married in our back yard with his best friend and my sister by a marriage commissioner (they come to you now here, you don't go to them) and had a meal with them after. Two months later we had a small reception for close family and friends.

However you end up spending your day, keep in mind two things - it is for the two of you, but there are others who want to share in your happiness! :)

It seems that the venting thread is wonderful for a place to air our disappointments and frustrations, but what about those times to you are bursting with good feelings. They need to be vented too. Hence, the Happy Note Venting thread.

I'm feeling exhilarated that my live turned around and that I am the point where I can splurge on good cheeses and the fact that I've come so far that I now have furniture, cable TV and a computer with internet. This past month I even was able to buy myself a musical keyboard that was totally unnecessary and just for me because I wanted it and I could.

It's the first time in many years that I have been able to do these things and feel this way.

So here is a venting thread to vent the excited feelings and share the happiness.

Zhizara

I just now happened to reread your original post here, Zhizara. A sweet deja vu. Hope you've enjoyed lots of good cheese since then! Let me take it to heart and stop dithering.

So glad to be able to say Congratulations to you and Rob. May you both be happy and may life bring you both all the good things you deserve. Happiness always.
kades

I'm just reading this as well- congrats! Wish you much happiness, and hopefully you are one step closer to not needing to "preface" an announcement that you are making spending the rest of you life with the person you love official.

You don't have to apologise for your taste or preference in life partners. Some people like blondes, brunettes, red heads, Asian, Indian, White, Black, men, woman..... Who cares what other people think. Who we choose to love is our choice and those who don't like it should just stay out of it. If your partner makes you happy that's all that matters.
People who have issues are not worthy of your time anyway. Congrats! Hope you have a great marriage :)

I totally agree with this :)

Hoping that this doesn't cause controversy on this site (oh how I wish that I didn't have to preface this post with that!)

Maine has voted for marriage equality. My partner and I have been together for almost 9 years and we have decided to go to my home state next year and tie the knot! Although our current state of residence will still see us as "just friends", I hope that will too change some day soon!

Just wanted to share this with a lot of people that I consider friends here at DC.
+1 Or, you could come to Canada and tie the knot.

:w00t:
Today's the day !! In a matter of a few hours I will be a Great Aunt :clap:

The vent part of this is that she is in California and I'm not :(

It's ok though .. her Mom - my sister is keeping me updated hourly. This is her first grandchild .. we all know it's a boy but she doesn't !!

:w00t:
Today's the day !! In a matter of a few hours I will be a Great Aunt :clap:

The vent part of this is that she is in California and I'm not :(

It's ok though .. her Mom - my sister is keeping me updated hourly. This is her first grandchild .. we all know it's a boy but she doesn't !!

Congratulations Mrs! I know when I became a Great Aunt is was a huge deal! I don't see him nearly enough and Skype is good but not the same. Keep us informed!

I just discovered that I can't read small print until I get my eyes examined. I tried to write out my rent check and can't see a thing on the check. I think I signed it in the right place. When Spike comes I will have him fill in the rest of it. I see the eye surgeon next week and then I can schedule an eye exam. Finally! :angel:

congratulations, mrsgreataunt! that's awesome good news, mrs! you will be a favorite auntie in no time, to your new great nephew! please keep us posted. i'm so ready to celebrate....:)

He's Here !!!!

And he came out yelling and fighting LOL

Here's Marshall ... He's a big one ... 9 lbs and 3 oz :ohmy:

img_1226950_0_688b69a139a2d87c02dec598806771ba.jpg

Yea! Hi Marshall! You picked a real nice family to arrive in!

Congrats, Mrs LMB!! He's gorgeous!

he is BIG and BEAUTIFULLL, mrslmb!!! congratulations, auntie!!!
(he does look a bit tuckered out--from all that yelling and fighting) awww, and look at that dimpled chin, so adorable....congrats to mom and grandma, too!

your life will never be the same again, mrs....:)

Thanks everyone. The Mom and Dad are exhausted but so very happy. The Grandma is beside herself and the Great Grandma is in awe. I am very proud of the new parents, they have done everything right in prep for this new arrival. We will get to see him in person and hold him in about 2 months - can't wait !!

Congratulations Mrs, and to your sister, to Marshall's mother, and to Marshall. He does look like he pooped himself out with all that yelling and fighting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom