Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6 months ago, went to doctor for a physical. LDL cholesterol was a bit high, wanted me to start taking a statin, I said no, let me work on it and I'll see you in 6 months.

Fast forward to today. Weight is down, blood pressure went from borderline to very good, LDL down some, now in the "high normal" range. All with no medication. My goal in the next 6 months is a little more weight loss, and to get that LDL even lower. The rest of my numbers were very good.

I see this as success! Yay ME!

Yes, yay you. This is not easy to do.

6 months ago, went to doctor for a physical. LDL cholesterol was a bit high, wanted me to start taking a statin, I said no, let me work on it and I'll see you in 6 months.

Fast forward to today. Weight is down, blood pressure went from borderline to very good, LDL down some, now in the "high normal" range. All with no medication. My goal in the next 6 months is a little more weight loss, and to get that LDL even lower. The rest of my numbers were very good.

Yea You is right. Keep up the good work. :angel:

That is fantastic! I bet you feel as good as I did getting rid of one of my lipid-lowering meds...

I'm really happy for you!

Here's one they sent from yesterday .. he's a little porker .. weighs 13 lb 2 oz :ohmy:

img_1246361_0_2f87e76ef9d563269987f4c7d2c2be54.jpg

Awww, he is lovely Mrs L :)

VERY well done .. congrats to you !!!

Get to leave for vacation today!

OK, now that y'all know, don't come burgle my house, but if you do, leave some treats on the coffee table for the kitty, that'll keep him quiet!

Happy venting! I found out this week that we are getting $4000 back from the IRS. We pay quarterly and I always over pay to make sure that any overtime my husband gets doesn't come back to bite us in the rear at the end of the year. This year not much overtime plus my sons education credits got us way ahead of the game.

Of course the money is spent already. Pay off the credit card, new tires for my husband and I'm setting aside some for next semester's tuition for son. Oh well.

...Of course the money is spent already. Pay off the credit card, new tires for my husband and I'm setting aside some for next semester's tuition for son. Oh well.

Isn't it great you can get all that done with the money and not have to go into debt!

Great news!

Spike does the taxes for a blind couple he as known for years. They are both over 65 and still working for the Blind Commission. So they get an exemption for being over 65, blind, and a few other goodies. They always get back more than they paid in.

For my happy vent;

I really didn't think he would do it, but Spike is actually going to bring me a ladder and clean the top sashes of my windows. That child never ceases to amaze me. Now I need to get out in that kitchen and start cooking something nice for him. :angel:

Going on a 7 day cruise! No exploding ship jokes!

looking forward to a very relaxing, do nothing sort of vacation!

Happy venting! I found out this week that we are getting $4000 back from the IRS. We pay quarterly and I always over pay to make sure that any overtime my husband gets doesn't come back to bite us in the rear at the end of the year. This year not much overtime plus my sons education credits got us way ahead of the game.

Of course the money is spent already. Pay off the credit card, new tires for my husband and I'm setting aside some for next semester's tuition for son. Oh well.

Yeah, it's tough when the hubby needs new tires...:angel: Shrek's tire looks like it's going to have a blowout...

...hmm, the credit card is paid off, so it's like a clean slate, so....:)

Good for you! Ours has been paid off for a few years. Now I use it more than I ever have, and I pay it off every month. No interest! Such a great feeling to know I am able to use self control!

After feeling horribly sick and being in pain the last few days, I am finally feeling better. Feel great whooo hoo!!! Kidney stones have passed, flu is all but gone and my little Princess turned 11 today! Can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.
She loved her presents and her cake, wen't to bed smiling. Just love it when my children are happy :)
I'm pooped and covered in edible glitter but it was a great day.

Back
Top Bottom