"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #361
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
In the cake that is a happy marriage, secret gloating is a main ingredient. Unless the spouse is very dense, he/she appreciates what's not said and values his/her mate all the more. Sounds like PF knows the cake recipe "by heart."
I was very careful to not say a word when he told me they were too small and I did not offer to go get the larger ones. He started digging around for the zip ties, when he told me they worked fine I just said, "Good." No sense in rubbing salt in a wound...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #362
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was very careful to not say a word when he told me they were too small and I did not offer to go get the larger ones. He started digging around for the zip ties, when he told me they worked fine I just said, "Good." No sense in rubbing salt in a wound...
You can't fool me. You're saving that "I told you so!" for another time when it will have more impact.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #363
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You can't fool me. You're saving that "I told you so!" for another time when it will have more impact.
Who? Me?!? I would never do that!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #364
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I was thinking the same thing. It comes under the heading of pick your fights. This wasn't one.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #365
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It comes under the heading of pick your fights. This wasn't one.
Now squeezing the toothpaste in the middle...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #366
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Now squeezing the toothpaste in the middle...
ROFL!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #367
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,323
Humping all these boxes (remember, the 1000 cookbooks must weigh a ton), kitchen gadgets, clothes, etc. down the stairs at the farm, out to the car, out of the car, and into the other house (down in the basement, 50 ft. to the living room to park the boxes of cookbooks until the bookshelves are in place) translates to who needs to go to the gym? That flabby underarm that you watched with fascination while your almost-ready-to-retire teacher wrote on the blackboard in grade school--not happening any more. My biceps are killing me. Where are the friends I helped move? Why is the DH suddenly too busy in the greenhouse to help move me back to the house in the city? What did I do wrong?
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #368
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Humping all these boxes (remember, the 1000 cookbooks must weigh a ton), kitchen gadgets, clothes, etc. down the stairs at the farm, out to the car, out of the car, and into the other house (down in the basement, 50 ft. to the living room to park the boxes of cookbooks until the bookshelves are in place) translates to who needs to go to the gym? That flabby underarm that you watched with fascination while your almost-ready-to-retire teacher wrote on the blackboard in grade school--not happening any more. My biceps are killing me. Where are the friends I helped move? Why is the DH suddenly too busy in the greenhouse to help move me back to the house in the city? What did I do wrong?
Decided to move...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #369
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Now squeezing the toothpaste in the middle...
I've never understood this being a problem. Just get him his own tube and let him make a mess with his own toothpaste. Of course you might have to hide your tube.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #370
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I've never understood this being a problem. Just get him his own tube and let him make a mess with his own toothpaste. Of course you might have to hide your tube.
I was just kidding...we've always had our own toothpaste tubes. I think the one he uses tastes like soap.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.