Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Z and Princess you two are doing great!!!!

I met up with a friend today that I haven't seen in ages. She mentioned that she is going to the "gentle fit" water exercises I used to attend and said she needs some incentive to keep going. I said I needed some to start going again so we are meeting at the pool on Tuesday morning. I can't wait!

My venting on a happy note:
Some of you know I have been waiting about 18 months for an MRI. I finally got the call yesterday and it is for March 29th in the evening.

Anyway, they give me the appointment and then say not to wear any scents or metal. Um, uh, I have a knee made out of titanium, a gold crown and pin in my hip. So the receptionist told me I better phone the imaging department to find out if it was okay. I was dumbfounded how I could wait that long, with three doctors all knowing my complete history just to have this brought up now.

I phoned today and the only thing they were worried about is the pin but they checked my records (it was done at the same hospital and it is fine.

I hope now we can get to the bottom of my vertigo, sporadic numbness, etc. The symptoms aren't bad, but annoying and a little unnerving at times.

Hey, maybe I can free myself of my claustrophobia too!

Yeah for swim class!!! Yeah for MRI!!! Stay out of elevators!
I have actually mastered elevators. At least the closed in kind. Just don't try to get me in a glass one. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I feel more closed in when I am moving up and down in a clear box. I have to close my eyes and pretend there are walls - I am not afraid of the height, it is the closed space and watching it move.

Maybe if I stand against one wall of the elevator and go up and down I can pretend it is an MRI machine and practice it before I go. My doctor said she will prescribe some ativan but I don't think you can safely take as much as I will need!:wacko:

I have actually mastered elevators. At least the closed in kind. Just don't try to get me in a glass one. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I feel more closed in when I am moving up and down in a clear box. I have to close my eyes and pretend there are walls - I am not afraid of the height, it is the closed space and watching it move.

Maybe if I stand against one wall of the elevator and go up and down I can pretend it is an MRI machine and practice it before I go. My doctor said she will prescribe some ativan but I don't think you can safely take as much as I will need!:wacko:

You need what the dentist gave me for having my teeth out...I fell asleep in the waiting room, Shrek about had to carry me in.:ROFLMAO:

They don't want me asleep, just relaxed! Apparently they will ask me questions while they take pictures of my brain.

They don't want me asleep, just relaxed! Apparently they will ask me questions while they take pictures of my brain.

LOL! All my Docs want me out! I don't remember most of what has gone on lately! Probably a good thing!:LOL:

LP....
a gold crown and pin in my hip.
I read that as "a pin in my lip".............ROTFL :ohmy: I was just not picturing you with a pierced lip. :ROFLMAO:

I thought I'd get all freaked out with my MRI but it was a cinch, and I was very surprised. There's a mirror that's tilted so you can see your feet, and the booth where the technician is......that was a HUGE help. The clanging sound is really loud but they give you headphones that help.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kayelle, for the tips. They will help.

As for the piercing, a few years ago we were cooking at a kid's camp and all the staff were much younger than us, but we fit in well with them. We came home for a break and I came back with a pierced eyebrow. They loved it. When I had my knee surgery I had to take it out and it was giving me problems so I left it out. That was a few months before my 50th birthday and I had planned on removing it then anyway.

went shoe shopping last night. payless is having their buy one get one half price. usually i have a hard time finding shoes that fit. i have a very wide foot and unless i want to pay an arm and a leg, just have to search. i found not one but two pair that fit me . bought a pair of boots, and a darling pair of red flats. don't think i have ever had red shoes. thought it was time. lol.

today tennis shoes i had ordered on line came today and they fit perfectly. they are wide so that is why. dr. scholls shoes so should be comfortable.

i am jazzed and will be well shod.

Thanks, Kayelle, for the tips. They will help.

As for the piercing, a few years ago we were cooking at a kid's camp and all the staff were much younger than us, but we fit in well with them. We came home for a break and I came back with a pierced eyebrow. They loved it. When I had my knee surgery I had to take it out and it was giving me problems so I left it out. That was a few months before my 50th birthday and I had planned on removing it then anyway.

My 16 yo Granddaughter has a pierced eyebrow, and she was "scared" to show Nana. :rolleyes: I actually liked it. She was thrilled, and I made points. :D Nana's no dummy. :angel:
Lip piercings are something else......guess I've never seen one that didn't look icky and on the verge of being infected. :shock::sick:

I came home yesterday, my husband greeted me at the door. "Claire, you keep saying that the right pet will find us when the time comes ... well, she has, but she's larger than you want." My immediate thought was, please don't tell me he's adopted a huge dog! He led me to a window, and there in our fenced in back yard was a young doe! She looked so lonely, lost and forlorn. We didn't used to see deer this far into town very often, but this year there has been a herd roaming the area, and she must have some how gotten separated from them. But she stayed with us all afternoon, napping and staring at us through the window. We have the only fenced in yard in the neighborhood (it's only a 4' fence, no obstacle for a deer), so they seldom bother with our yard, wandering through our neighbors' instead. Finally, around 6, she nibbled from a few dead phlox plants and just disappeared. We enjoyed her company for the afternoon, though, and hope she safely found her herd and is where she belongs!

What a wonderful experience!

Hey, did you notice Happy Note Venting has almost a hundred posts!

My blood pressure is slowly coming down to something reasonable on the new medication. Yay! It's about time!

LPBeier said:
Wow Z and Princess you two are doing great!!!!

I met up with a friend today that I haven't seen in ages. She mentioned that she is going to the "gentle fit" water exercises I used to attend and said she needs some incentive to keep going. I said I needed some to start going again so we are meeting at the pool on Tuesday morning. I can't wait!

My venting on a happy note:
Some of you know I have been waiting about 18 months for an MRI. I finally got the call yesterday and it is for March 29th in the evening.

Anyway, they give me the appointment and then say not to wear any scents or metal. Um, uh, I have a knee made out of titanium, a gold crown and pin in my hip. So the receptionist told me I better phone the imaging department to find out if it was okay. I was dumbfounded how I could wait that long, with three doctors all knowing my complete history just to have this brought up now.

I phoned today and the only thing they were worried about is the pin but they checked my records (it was done at the same hospital and it is fine.

I hope now we can get to the bottom of my vertigo, sporadic numbness, etc. The symptoms aren't bad, but annoying and a little unnerving at times.

Hey, maybe I can free myself of my claustrophobia too!

Titanium and gold aren't magnetic, so should be no worries :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom