"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #491
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Welll gang for once I didn't have to dance with the nurses!!! Had my perm cath removed Tuesday..HIPPPPP HIPPPPP HOOOORAY I can now get in the pool,the tub or shower It's been so long I now feel like a new person. The dialysis nurses can do just my arm of course that didn't go well wednesday. My arm works better if they go up on it, yesterday the went down and it had been working great I came out swollen and black and blue I was so tired I slept all day and night. I'm still sore but I'll live...Just wanted to let you know.
kades
Freaking AWESOME!!! So happy for you Ma!!!

Hoping they'll figure it all out and get it right!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #492
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Welll gang for once I didn't have to dance with the nurses!!! Had my perm cath removed Tuesday..HIPPPPP HIPPPPP HOOOORAY I can now get in the pool,the tub or shower It's been so long I now feel like a new person. The dialysis nurses can do just my arm of course that didn't go well wednesday. My arm works better if they go up on it, yesterday the went down and it had been working great I came out swollen and black and blue I was so tired I slept all day and night. I'm still sore but I'll live...Just wanted to let you know.
kades
w00t! Glad to read it.

Boo on those nurses.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #493
Certified Pretend Chef

That's great Kades!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #494
Chef Extraordinaire

What great news. You are going to be a new person. Life can only get better from here on.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #495
Chef Extraordinaire

Wonderful news! Positive, steady progress. Good for you!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #496
Head Chef

My very large nice Kenmore microwave convection oven lost its interior light around 15 years ago, it's 25 years old now.
I like it a LOT. I use it for dehydrating too.
Trim pieces came off last year.
The handle broke off this year. I can open it by putting my fingernails in the crease at the top and pulling it. Everything on it works just fine.

I looked at replacing it and it was going to cost me $350 to $1000.

I found one, the exact same one on craig's list today, for $25, it's perfect!!! I'm thrilled! I pick it up tomorrow at 11! Be happy for me!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #497
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
My very large nice Kenmore microwave convection oven lost its interior light around 15 years ago, it's 25 years old now.
I like it a LOT. I use it for dehydrating too.
Trim pieces came off last year.
The handle broke off this year. I can open it by putting my fingernails in the crease at the top and pulling it. Everything on it works just fine.

I looked at replacing it and it was going to cost me $350 to $1000.

I found one, the exact same one on craig's list today, for $25, it's perfect!!! I'm thrilled! I pick it up tomorrow at 11! Be happy for me!
w00t!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #498
Chef Extraordinaire

Funny how we get an appliance that has served us so well, and when it starts to break down, we just don't want to get rid of it. Glad to hear the good news.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #499
Head Chef

Thank you for being happy for me!!

It's perfect. Owned by two doctor students that were moving, owned it for 4 years, and I bet the convection oven part was never used and it was clean as NEW!!! No dehydrating trays--but I bet they never needed them. I can see above the liner in the top, the liner is to protect the fans and heating elements from food spray--that fan is bright shiny aluminum looking--not even a smoky or spattered residue on it.

I don't even have to 'learn' to use all the buttons, they are exactly the same as my old one.
I'm happy because of the money I saved and it's just kind of a miracle to find it! Someone was looking out for me!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #500
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Thank you for being happy for me!!

It's perfect. Owned by two doctor students that were moving, owned it for 4 years, and I bet the convection oven part was never used and it was clean as NEW!!! No dehydrating trays--but I bet they never needed them. I can see above the liner in the top, the liner is to protect the fans and heating elements from food spray--that fan is bright shiny aluminum looking--not even a smoky or spattered residue on it.

I don't even have to 'learn' to use all the buttons, they are exactly the same as my old one.
I'm happy because of the money I saved and it's just kind of a miracle to find it! Someone was looking out for me!
What a stroke of luck to find exactly what you wanted, Bliss - and such a bargain! Happy Happy!