Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Titanium and gold aren't magnetic, so should be no worries :)

Oh, I thought I came back and posted that - I checked it with the MRI department I am going to and they said no problem. Thanks Skittle!

I also have been watching a lot of "House" reruns and they use the MRI like other hospitals use a thermometer!:ROFLMAO: It is helping me "imagine what it will be like" that usually helps my vertigo!

Skittle, as long as your doctor knows about your various metallic parts there shouldn't be a problem, just remind your radiologist before your appointment.

As far as my doe, my next door neighbor emailed (without knowing that she'd taken a rest in my yard) that he'd been coming home from work at around 6 and found a deer in our alley. Oh, alive, I might add. Just stopped and let her go, then found one in his yard. So her herd wasn't far away, just scattered and taking a rest!

I can't help but wonder what is bringing these deer into the neighborhood? Maybe it is that there is less hunting than there used to be, so larger and more herds?

Skittle, as long as your doctor knows about your various metallic parts there shouldn't be a problem, just remind your radiologist before your appointment.

As far as my doe, my next door neighbor emailed (without knowing that she'd taken a rest in my yard) that he'd been coming home from work at around 6 and found a deer in our alley. Oh, alive, I might add. Just stopped and let her go, then found one in his yard. So her herd wasn't far away, just scattered and taking a rest!

I can't help but wonder what is bringing these deer into the neighborhood? Maybe it is that there is less hunting than there used to be, so larger and more herds?

It may be that it's easier to get through the snow in town. I know our herds come into town to get at the yards.:)

Good for you, Babetoo. When I'm not getting things done, I try to get myself in the mindset of "Playing House" It works sometimes.:LOL:

I was wrong. And that makes me happy!!!!! I thought the Daniel Fast that I am on ends at the end of the day this Sunday, but it is at the end of the day Saturday! So I am one day closer to meat, cheese, and bread!

I have lost 14 pounds during these 3 weeks, and I don't want to gain it all back, so I don't want to go wild, but I am glad to be getting back to more than just vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and water. I am actually surprised at how easy this has been, but it wasn't just about diet, so that helped.

All I know is that when midnight Saturday night hits, I am seriously thinking about making a grilled cheese sandwich!

:)Barbara

I was wrong. And that makes me happy!!!!! I thought the Daniel Fast that I am on ends at the end of the day this Sunday, but it is at the end of the day Saturday! So I am one day closer to meat, cheese, and bread!

I have lost 14 pounds during these 3 weeks, and I don't want to gain it all back, so I don't want to go wild, but I am glad to be getting back to more than just vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and water. I am actually surprised at how easy this has been, but it wasn't just about diet, so that helped.

All I know is that when midnight Saturday night hits, I am seriously thinking about making a grilled cheese sandwich!

Yay! 14 pounds, fantastic! Good for you Barbara!

I'm all excited, I got a special delivery from California of some Meyer Lemons. Kayelle sent them to me, from her YARD!. Alix's Lemon cake...BEFORE I get told by the dietician I can't have any!:LOL:

I had a good appointment with the Cardiologist...have to do Cardiac Rehab and take a Diet Class...even though it's becoming more and more apparent it's not my diet or activity level that caused the heart attack.

But, no more than 5 miles walking a day, no stationary bike...until the consult with Rehab.

14 pounds! You go, girl.:clap::punk::bounce:
Thanks! I know some of it was water weight, and I know that if I go back to eating like I was I will gain it all back. I will still eat the same foods, but I will watch portion control more, and I will drink more water. I drink diet pop, but I know that water is better for me, and we have good water (a well, plus I filter it in a Brita pitcher), so I need to drink a lot more of it. Fortunately I love vegetables, so that won't be a problem. The problem will be not loading some of them up with butter!

All in all, this partial fast has been a good experience for me, but I don't think I will do it again. I'll make that decision next year. I do think I might do a couple days a week where I just have water and vegetables. One incentive I have to not gain it all back is my New Year's resolution to weigh at least a pound less on the first of each month than the first of the month before. I'm definitely set for February 1, but I will need to keep from gaining so that I will weigh less on March 1!

My new Tea Set:

28716-albums268-picture2517.jpg

i'm a thin chick, & lemme say, that takes a concerted effort here & there..... barbara, you're doing great!~

Thanks, Princes. They are beautiful. I can't imagine Shrek hasn't noticed them yet!

Why do you have to sneak them in? He has his guitars, etc., hasn't he?

He noticed them, he took the picture. It's a long standing joke about no more teapots. They are literally, all over the place.:LOL:

Good beautiful warm morning everyone! We got back last night from a "winter wonderland" vacation to Yellowstone Nat. Park. Now I understand what it is to be cold at -24 degrees, and never above 0. It was such a privilege to see this national treasure as few tourists experience, in the dead of winter and bright beautiful sunshine every day. The raw and frigid beauty of the animals and scenery in sunshine will be remembered by this California girl forever.
Believe me, I have a whole new respect for all of you who live your daily lives in frigid temperatures. What a PITA it is to just get dressed in the morning. I never wear more than one layer of clothes all year long here. There, I had on nearly a weeks worth of clothes everyday and looked and felt like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.:bb: You folks sure have a lot of weekly laundry to deal with....sheesh!

Here's a picture of our heated "snow catmobile"...the way we toured the closed to the public roads of Yellowstone.
img_966218_0_cf2ada7fe3aa4c937adaa8af8cfd2ce8.jpg

Welcome home, KL. I'll bet you're tired of eating out, too. Aren't you glad to be back in your own kitchen (and weather)?

Thanks Z !! Yeppers I'm hungry for my own cooking although it was nice being waited on. Felt so good this morning to pull on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt,slip on some sandals and be done. ;) Phew!!

The morning we were suppose to do some snowmobiling on our own it was -12 degrees and I promised my kids I wouldn't do anything stupid, so we didn't get to go. Strange how we mind our kids better than they did us. lol

Last edited:
Thanks Z !! Yeppers I'm hungry for my own cooking although it was nice being waited on. Felt so good this morning to pull on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt,slip on some sandals and be done. ;) Phew!!

The morning we were suppose to do some snowmobiling on our own it was -12 degrees and I promised my kids I wouldn't do anything stupid, so we didn't get to go. Strange how we mind our kids better than they did us. lol

I'd be willing to bet it might have had more to do with the -12F than minding the kids!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom