"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #611
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am allergic to the iodine that is in seafood. I can taste it the second I put it in my mouth. I immediately spit it out as graciously as I can. I do have a choice. Spit it out or stop breathing.
Poor you Atleast I can eat seafood when I take my antihistamines.
Can't imagine life without a prawn or two.
I still get a bit sick but it's my favourite food ever! It's worth the slight tummy upset
It's the iodine in seafood that I'm allergic to too. Always have to get a strong antihistamine shot if I go for an operation.
My favourite fruit is pineapple and I'm allergic to that too and I can't eat much Eisbein because the crackling makes me ill since being on cholesterol meds. Oh boy do I love crackling!
I must have been a nasty cow in my past life, someone's trying to teach me a lesson

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #612
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Stirling just got a call from the doctor's office. The MRI is clean!
I was more than a little worried. He had the MRI because the CT scan showed a spot on his brain. I didn't tell him how worried I was. I didn't want to make him worry more than he already was doing.
Great news Taxy

Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #613
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #614
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Hoping that this doesn't cause controversy on this site (oh how I wish that I didn't have to preface this post with that!)

Maine has voted for marriage equality. My partner and I have been together for almost 9 years and we have decided to go to my home state next year and tie the knot! Although our current state of residence will still see us as "just friends", I hope that will too change some day soon!

Just wanted to share this with a lot of people that I consider friends here at DC.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #615
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Hoping that this doesn't cause controversy on this site (oh how I wish that I didn't have to preface this post with that!)

Maine has voted for marriage equality. My partner and I have been together for almost 9 years and we have decided to go to my home state next year and tie the knot! Although our current state of residence will still see us as "just friends", I hope that will too change some day soon!

Just wanted to share this with a lot of people that I consider friends here at DC.

I think that's fantastic. Best wishes to you and your partner.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #616
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef

Bakechef, I am thrilled for you and your partner! That's wonderful!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #617
Executive Chef

Congratulations to you and your soon to be spouse BakeChef! Lovely news!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #618
Executive Chef

Quote:

congratulations to you and your partner, bc.--that is wonderful news for your future together as a married couple! is maine your native state? positive social change in our society often moves slowly, and sometimes takes a long time. today, attitudes and laws regarding same sex marriage are finally changing, and moving in the right direction in this country, state by state.

best wishes to you both for your future plans together, and thank you for sharing the good news with your dc friends.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #619
Master Chef

Quote:

You don't have to apologise for your taste or preference in life partners. Some people like blondes, brunettes, red heads, Asian, Indian, White, Black, men, woman..... Who cares what other people think. Who we choose to love is our choice and those who don't like it should just stay out of it. If your partner makes you happy that's all that matters.
People who have issues are not worthy of your time anyway. Congrats! Hope you have a great marriage

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #620
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Congratulations Bakechef.

Laws are slowly catching up in the social area. Think of George Takei. Two laws about marriage had to change in his life time for him to legally marry the person he loves. First, the law against Japanese marrying Caucasians and then the law about which gender a person can marry.