Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got back on the eliptical machine for the first time in 8 years! Starting back slow but it feels good just starting back...even if only for 10 minutes.

Way to go SB! I just started a fitness program myself after many years and several health issues and I have learned the importance of starting slow and taking any progress as a great accomplishment!

That being said, I am a little peeved at the fact that DH has been pulling double shifts and getting 5 to no hours of sleep between. I go between being upset I can't spend more time with him and worrying about him. But between this fact and the exercise I am getting, I am finding I am able to do things around the house that normally would have to be left for him. Not the hanging of our new curtains (bad knee and back plus vertigo equals no ladder climbing!) but assembling chairs, cleaning up after the dogs in the backyard, vacuuming, etc. are all things I wouldn't have dreamed of doing even a few months ago.

And to all my Moms and Dads here at DC, yes, I am being careful! :angel:

My two deliveries arrived from Bureau en Gros (Staples). I had two separate orders so I could use two separate $20 off coupons. :D

One order has my new 22 sheet shredder. It looks and feels sturdy. I need a sturdy shredder. I have a large pile of accumulated stuff to shred (mostly client stuff). I will try it out after I read the instructions.

The other order was more mundane office supply store stuff: 2-pocket portfolios, new stapler, rubber fingertips, biz card paper, pens, Sharpies, some other stuff and a container of coffee.

Everything is for biz. I wasn't sure how long I would be ill and unable to shop in person. So, coffee on special worked out great. It was only a little more expensive than at Costco. Okay, the coffee isn't only for biz, but I serve coffee to my clients and once a year I include the cost of a container of coffee in my biz expenses. I probably use more than that for biz, but it isn't worth the effort to track it. :ermm:

So, I am a happy camper. I love that kind of stuff.

My kids make me so proud! They (9th and 11th graders) are attending a charter school this year that's preparing them for college. They're both doing very well and have become more mature in every way. I met with one of my daughter's teachers today and he said my girl (9th grader) is extremely intelligent and transpires so much positive energy to others with her happiness and optimism. I couldn't be more proud of my kids! :) :) :)

My two deliveries arrived from Bureau en Gros (Staples). I had two separate orders so I could use two separate $20 off coupons. :D

One order has my new 22 sheet shredder. It looks and feels sturdy. I need a sturdy shredder. I have a large pile of accumulated stuff to shred (mostly client stuff). I will try it out after I read the instructions.

The other order was more mundane office supply store stuff: 2-pocket portfolios, new stapler, rubber fingertips, biz card paper, pens, Sharpies, some other stuff and a container of coffee.

Everything is for biz. I wasn't sure how long I would be ill and unable to shop in person. So, coffee on special worked out great. It was only a little more expensive than at Costco. Okay, the coffee isn't only for biz, but I serve coffee to my clients and once a year I include the cost of a container of coffee in my biz expenses. I probably use more than that for biz, but it isn't worth the effort to track it. :ermm:

Great! I do too!! :cool:

My kids make me so proud! They (9th and 11th graders) are attending a charter school this year that's preparing them for college. They're both doing very well and have become more mature in every way. I met with one of my daughter's teachers today and he said my girl (9th grader) is extremely intelligent and transpires so much positive energy to others with her happiness and optimism. I couldn't be more proud of my kids! :) :) :)
That is wonderful Dina! It is always good when other people see what we see in our kids too! :cool:

Oh, I love office supplies...weird, I know!:LOL: I like to buy paper...Shrek has forbidden me to go by myself, I always have some rationale for the paper I buy...of course, we have stacks of paper and notepads. But, we never run out of paper clips...in any color you could want:ROFLMAO:

lol, princess. there's 5 stages of the office supply paradigm.

first, the envy when you see someone with a lot of all they need.

then denial of said envy that no one needs that much.

then theft. it's a big company, they won't miss this box of notepads or pencils

next is remorse. for being no less than a flat out thief.

finally, acceptance and rationalization. it IS a big company and certainly won't miss this stapler.

the cycle then continues. transmogrifying. should i go on?

Last edited:
Hi Dina, so wonderful to hear from you. You should be proud of the kids. They are doing so well. Woo hoo:)
kadesma

lol, princess. there's 5 stages of the office supply paradigm.

first, the envy when you see someone with a lot of all they need.

then denial of said envy that no one needs that much.

then theft. it's a big company, they won't miss this box of notepads or pencils

next is remorse. for being no less than a flat out thief.

finally, acceptance and rationalization. it IS a big company and certainly won't miss this stapler.

the cycle then continues. transmogrifying. should i go on?

I'll have to disagree with this...I purchase all my hoard...I don't even have a stash of pens from work. I asked for a stapler for two weeks, finally bought my own.

Oh, I love office supplies...weird, I know!:LOL: I like to buy paper...Shrek has forbidden me to go by myself, I always have some rationale for the paper I buy...of course, we have stacks of paper and notepads. But, we never run out of paper clips...in any color you could want:ROFLMAO:

Ken will not allow me into the "pen aisle" of any office supply store. I have a serious problem. I once wandered into the supply aisle of Costco and came home with Uniball pens of every colour. I only bought ONE BOX though! ;)

Ken will not allow me into the "pen aisle" of any office supply store. I have a serious problem. I once wandered into the supply aisle of Costco and came home with Uniball pens of every colour. I only bought ONE BOX though! ;)

Costco is worse...everything comes in big packages. The only thing that saves me is they don't carry the pen I like.:LOL:

I'll have to disagree with this...I purchase all my hoard...I don't even have a stash of pens from work. I asked for a stapler for two weeks, finally bought my own.

Me too (of course it's my company :LOL:). Some people think it's expected and okay. I once had an employee who helped herself to my stuff. Some sort of logic that it was one of the perqs of office work and that it was a business expense to me. :glare:

When I did have employers, I never took stuff. I may have kept a pen or two, when I was in my twenties, but I can't say I remember doing that. My mum told us about "horrible, dishonest people" who did that sort of thing and her shock at them bragging about it.

DH got a job! It's in his field (he's a computer geek) in a startup company in Calgary, Alberta. No moving required, he will be telecommuting. The pay isn't as good as he had hoped, but it's not terrible and it includes medical and dental after three months. :w00t: :clap:

This is a big relief. It has been making him depressed. The last time he had a job was a three month contract that ended right after the stock market tanked, so it didn't get renewed.

The money won't hurt. :)

DH got a job! It's in his field (he's a computer geek) in a startup company in Calgary, Alberta. No moving required, he will be telecommuting. The pay isn't as good as he had hoped, but it's not terrible and it includes medical and dental after three months. :w00t: :clap:

This is a big relief. It has been making him depressed. The last time he had a job was a three month contract that ended right after the stock market tanked, so it didn't get renewed.

Terrific I'm so happy for the two of you.
kades:)

What wonderful news TL !!!! :clap:
img_990618_0_1d47fcdc159634e678fb1198dd2f54b4.gif
img_990618_0_1d47fcdc159634e678fb1198dd2f54b4.gif

Yay! I'm so happy for you both!

James is still looking for work, and I have just had this really positive feeling about it the last couple days. Hopefully I will be posting good news here soon too! :cool:

Yay! I'm so happy for you both!

James is still looking for work, and I have just had this really positive feeling about it the last couple days. Hopefully I will be posting good news here soon too! :cool:

Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and James. What is James' field?

Thank you to Kayelle and Kadesma too. I love those dancing dudes.

Great news!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom