Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 4-month-old has only awoken 1 time each night for the past 2 nights. :clap::clap::clap:

She slept through the night from the time she was a week old until about 3 months, (I know, I was really, really blessed!) when she started waking up occasionally, once, maybe twice a night. Then, just after Christmas, someone sent their child with a bad cough/cold into the nursery at church
. Dd, the toddler caught it from him, gave it to the baby, and between the two of them, we were up every 1-2 hours every night for a couple weeks. When we were lucky, they'd wake together every couple hours. When we weren't, they'd alternate about every hour. When Makenna finally got better, she started sleeping through again, but the baby had gotten in the habit of waking up, so she was still up every 2-3 hours and many nights one or two of the times she'd just stay awake for an hour or mpre. Over the past week she's been waking less and less frequently, and seems to be back to where she was before they got sick. I'm so grateful! It was honestly beginning to affect my brain. I was getting really clumsy, I'd try to say one word and a completely different one would come out, forgetting everything... I kinda felt like I was pregnant again! I am thrilled to have gotten a few nights of decent sleep and praying that it continues!

My 4-month-old has only awoken 1 time each night for the past 2 nights. :clap::clap::clap:

She slept through the night from the time she was a week old until about 3 months, (I know, I was really, really blessed!) when she started waking up occasionally, once, maybe twice a night. Then, just after Christmas, someone sent their child with a bad cough/cold into the nursery at church
. Dd, the toddler caught it from him, gave it to the baby, and between the two of them, we were up every 1-2 hours every night for a couple weeks. When we were lucky, they'd wake together every couple hours. When we weren't, they'd alternate about every hour. When Makenna finally got better, she started sleeping through again, but the baby had gotten in the habit of waking up, so she was still up every 2-3 hours and many nights one or two of the times she'd just stay awake for an hour or mpre. Over the past week she's been waking less and less frequently, and seems to be back to where she was before they got sick. I'm so grateful! It was honestly beginning to affect my brain. I was getting really clumsy, I'd try to say one word and a completely different one would come out, forgetting everything... I kinda felt like I was pregnant again! I am thrilled to have gotten a few nights of decent sleep and praying that it continues!

Your post made me think of this old "baby rockin" song! :LOL:
Baby Rockin!

So I am sitting here blowing my nose, coughing my head off, blowing my nose, coughing my head off. I have always said that no matter how bad the situation is, there is a good side. You just have to hunt for it. Well here it is 2:30 a.m. and I think I have found the good side to this dang cold. The TV is on and I am too lazy to get up and change the channel. Cops are on and I look up and it is taking three cops to bring one man down. He is determined to take out a cop or two.

The good side? I could be married to a cop and be worried every night if he was coming home. And I am reminded that every one loves a firefighter, but no one loves a cop. There have been very few occasions when I have needed the services of a cop. And all of them for good help, not for a bad incident. I have never had a cop knock on my door in the middle of the night and tell me my child was involved in an alcoholic crash. I have never had to go to the police station because one of my children had been misbehaving. And finally, I am grateful that during the late 70's I worked for several months for the Boston Police Department. I got to see all they go through with the public, yet they keep their cool. :angel:

Each time I go to MN, I bring back some of the jewelry that is in the safe deposit box. This time, one of the pieces I picked up was an amethyst pin surrounded by seed pearls. Since it was highly unlikely I would wear it as a pin, I had my favorite jeweler put a bail on it. I wore it when I met my friend for lunch (amethyst is our birthstone). One of the seed pearls came off, we dropped the pendant at the jewelery store (couldn't find the pearl--found it on the seat when we came back out to the vehicle. They had already replaced the missing pearl with one they had--I traded. Last night, went out for a very nice dinner with my friends, wore the pendant. Realized this morning that the seed pearl was missing. Emailed the jewelry store and asked them to keep the pearl I brought in as a swap if it hadn't already been used. As I am packing my "stuff," I keep feeling this little annoying thing on my sock. Lo and behold, it is a seed pearl. What are the chances of finding a seed pearl for this pendant not once, but twice? I have emailed to let them know I have it and to hold the other one, which was the original one, until I'm back in June. Who knew that this "alliance" from 11th grade would be so valuable? And, that seed pearls could be such a pain in the butt? Should've picked a bracelet or ring to bring back this time...

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have been the jeweller's responsibility, since he didn't attach it well enough?
Yes--one of the little diamonds fell out a ring I'd had fixed and checked in April. The diamond (which I couldn't find) was replaced free of charge and ALL the prongs fixed that needed to be--I thought they checked the whole ring in April. In this case, they will put the pearl back on, but I have to wait until I go back in the summer.

Major panic. We just got back from vacay last night. This afternoon, DH could not find his credit cards (he calls it his "billfold" - cash and CCs wrapped in a rubber band from a broccoli). We tore the house and car apart, went thru all the luggage and laundry, nothing. Finally, he retraced his steps and found the billfold in the neighbor's driveway. He'd picked up the dog from the boarder, walked her, and it fell out of his pocket. Whew. Not really the way I'd planned to spend the day off....but it could have been worse!

Major panic. We just got back from vacay last night. This afternoon, DH could not find his credit cards (he calls it his "billfold" - cash and CCs wrapped in a rubber band from a broccoli). We tore the house and car apart, went thru all the luggage and laundry, nothing. Finally, he retraced his steps and found the billfold in the neighbor's driveway. He'd picked up the dog from the boarder, walked her, and it fell out of his pocket. Whew. Not really the way I'd planned to spend the day off....but it could have been worse!

I was having a heart attack just reading the start of your missive. So glad all is well. :)

Addie said:
I was having a heart attack just reading the start of your missive. So glad all is well. :)

I was having one as well! DH does not do well under pressure. I was doing my methodic Roomba thing, it has to be here somewhere. Thanks Addie!

PrincessFiona60 said:
ROFL! Roomba thing, I can just see you...:LOL:
:LOL: I Roomba'd out to the mailbox, just not to the neighbor's driveway. Men. Highly overrated and too much upkeep. Give me a beagle or a cat anytime.

I am doing 2/3 of a happy dance--the Volvo passed its e-tests with flying colors, its RIV inspection, but failed its safety test--needs a tie rod. I have one ordered (about $16 from the states, $85 here). It'll take about an hour to install. The guy who did the safety and RIV inspection "walked me out."

"Really nice car."
"Yes, I know. I'm really glad my friend gave it to me."
"I'll give you 5,000 for it."
Laugh, "no."
"Six?"
"No."
"Don't blame you. Bring it back when you get the tie rod in--we can do it for you, but you can get it done elsewhere cheaper."

Did the royal wave as I drove away and was glad that he didn't pressure me about the tie rod...

CWS4322 said:
I am doing 2/3 of a happy dance--the Volvo passed its e-tests with flying colors, its RIV inspection, but failed its safety test--needs a tie rod. I have one ordered (about $16 from the states, $85 here). It'll take about an hour to install. The guy who did the safety and RIV inspection "walked me out."

"Really nice car."
"Yes, I know. I'm really glad my friend gave it to me."
"I'll give you 5,000 for it."
Laugh, "no."
"Six?"
"No."
"Don't blame you. Bring it back when you get the tie rod in--we can do it for you, but you can get it done elsewhere cheaper."

Did the royal wave as I drove away and was glad that he didn't pressure me about the tie rod...

Glad the car worked out, CW!

PF, am shipping you DH and trading him in for another beagle. Or a cat. He is semi-housebroken.

Back
Top Bottom