Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new TV came today. It was easy to set up. I had to arrange for the HDTV service, but it will only cost $14 more a month, including the box. The picture is pretty lousy without it.

Do you feel like you are watching a movie screen? Sit back, put your feet up, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

The picture isn't optimum yet, I have to wait a few days to get the HDTV box and get them to turn it on. It is a nice size (19") and I set the picture so it fills the screen.

I'm not happy with the sound yet, some people sound like they are at the bottom of a well.

I'm hoping that with the HD box installed, I can improve the sound. Many off the adjustments are specifically for digital.

I just booked a one night stay at a hotel in Ottawa for Friday, my birthday. It's Tulip Festival in Ottawa right now. The package includes a $50 credit for a meal at one of their restaurants. I made a reservation for the CAA 4-Diamond Capital Dining Room. It had very good reviews. It's about a 2 hour drive to Ottawa.

I'm going to look for a hotel package for Quebec City for Sunday night. I was originally going to book a 3 night stay, but I had a bad premonition about leaving my elderly cat, Shreddy, alone for four days in a row. That's why I split it into two trips. Might even stay in a hotel in downtown Montreal, if there is a really nice package.

I just booked a one night stay at a hotel in Ottawa for Friday, my birthday. It's Tulip Festival in Ottawa right now. The package includes a $50 credit for a meal at one of their restaurants. I made a reservation for the CAA 4-Diamond Capital Dining Room. It had very good reviews. It's about a 2 hour drive to Ottawa.

I'm going to look for a hotel package for Quebec City for Sunday night. I was originally going to book a 3 night stay, but I had a bad premonition about leaving my elderly cat, Shreddy, alone for four days in a row. That's why I split it into two trips. Might even stay in a hotel in downtown Montreal, if there is a really nice package.
Sounds great and Have a wonderful time and birthday. You deserve the best.
kades

Enjoy some relaxing time off. Hope you have a great birthday. I am sure Shreddy appreciates it too. You deserve a break!:)

Happy Birthday on Friday!

Now that Tax Time is behind you, enjoy yourself. You deserve it. Oh yeah. One more thing. Happy Birthday!! Which one is this? Your 29th again? :ohmy:

I have booked a room at the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City for Sunday. I also made a reservation for supper. I hope it doesn't get crazy, since it's Mother's Day. Mother's Day almost always messes with my birthday plans.

I have booked a room at the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City for Sunday. I also made a reservation for supper. I hope it doesn't get crazy, since it's Mother's Day. Mother's Day almost always messes with my birthday plans.

Well I learned something new today. Thank you. Canada celebrates Mother's Day the same day we do. I know your Thanksgiving day is different from ours. :)

I got a package from the Webstaraunt Store today!

I got 200 pan liners (1/2 sheet size)
a French tapered rolling pin (1/2 the price of Amazon)
2 9" Winco aluminum cake pans $3.69 each!
1 8" Winco Aluminum cake pan (to go with my other 2 8") $3.19 each!
30-6pk cupcake inserts (2 fit in a 1/4 sheet cake box)
a BIG Ateco icing smoother (also 1/2 the price of amazon)
1000 pack of cupcake liners $7.49!
Pack of 25 gold cake boards

They have some awesome deals! They take a lot of items like the pan liners and cake boards, and break down the cases, selling smaller quantities for the home cook. Their prices beat my local restaurant supply (the cake pans were 1/3 the price, same brand) and pretty much everything I bought was far cheaper than even Amazon.

Their shipping to residential is a bit high, but if you order a bunch of stuff it becomes worth it, the shipping only went up a dollar or two going from one item to a full box.

Last edited:
I just ordered 200 parchment pan liners for my half-sheet pans. I discovered that shipping charges were the same for a quantity of 100 or 200 so I went for the 200. It'll keep. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with curly, not the right size, pieces of parchment when i bake.

I just ordered 200 parchment pan liners for my half-sheet pans. I discovered that shipping charges were the same for a quantity of 100 or 200 so I went for the 200. It'll keep. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with curly, not the right size, pieces of parchment when i bake.
Kewl :cool:

Where did you buy them?

I kept adding stuff because the shipping barely moved as I added stuff, LOL. I had to quit though, I could have kept shopping!

The winco pans that I bought are heavier than the Wilton pans at a much lower price. I will definitely shop with them again!

Last Fall on Sept. 13th our AC was shut off and the heat tuned on. After that date we had several more days of weather where the temp was above 90ºF. In the apartments, some had temps well above 100ºF. Some residents had to be removed by ambulance to the hospital. Most of the tenants were sitting outside at 1 a.m. in order to get relief. The law states that landlords must provide heat from Sept. 15th to June 15th. So I sat down and wrote a letter with charts from NOAA showing the temperatures for Boston from Septembr 13th to Oct. 30th. I sent a copy to every one of our representatives, law makers, the Mayor and anyone else who is responsible for "One size fits all." laws. I asked that a separate law for the elderly be written as we have different needs and are restricted by what we are allowed to have in our apartments. I atteneded a meeting at City Hall and spoke to the City Council addressing this matter.

Today, I am happy to announce, our AC was turned on 24 days early. If a tenant gets cold, they can put of a sweater. They don't have to turn on their AC unit. So you see folks, you can fight City Hall, the State House and any other fool who likes to write laws that are not right for everyone. And you can win!!!:):)

Last Fall on Sept. 13th our AC was shut off and the heat tuned on. After that date we had several more days of weather where the temp was above 90ºF. In the apartments, some had temps well above 100ºF. Some residents had to be removed by ambulance to the hospital. Most of the tenants were sitting outside at 1 a.m. in order to get relief. The law states that landlords must provide heat from Sept. 15th to June 15th. So I sat down and wrote a letter with charts from NOAA showing the temperatures for Boston from Septembr 13th to Oct. 30th. I sent a copy to every one of our representatives, law makers, the Mayor and anyone else who is responsible for "One size fits all." laws. I asked that a separate law for the elderly be written as we have different needs and are restricted by what we are allowed to have in our apartments. I atteneded a meeting at City Hall and spoke to the City Council addressing this matter.

Today, I am happy to announce, our AC was turned on 24 days early. If a tenant gets cold, they can put of a sweater. They don't have to turn on their AC unit. So you see folks, you can fight City Hall, the State House and any other fool who likes to write laws that are not right for everyone. And you can win!!!:):)
Way to go Addie. :clap::punk:

Back
Top Bottom