Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gald to see The Big O is home again. It's always nice to have your home complete.

Trying to get him to sleep is being a chore. He just now went to sleep and I'm hoping to sneak out for a bit so my rattling around doesn't wake him and I need to get supplies for meals.

Thanks, Andy! It's good to have him home.

Last edited:
On Sunday a friend came and took over the computer for the afternoon! I'd totally lost my email address book, and couldn't figure out how to "rip" music for my MP3.

Yay, Yay, and Hip-Hip Hooray for having wonderful friends!

Brings to mind the song....

I'll get by with a little help from my friends..........

What a crazy day. Had to work 6 till noon, ran to store, ran home, started cooking for counselors, we have a small camp for little kids ran by volunteers (3 teenage girls17-18) all the community has to do is provide them with shelter and food. I do not even have kids in the camp this year, but duty calls. Anyways, the past week I was so busy at work I have not even seen my wife let alone have dinner with her, so I thought we would have dinner all together, well I was wrong, I prepared a meat/chicken dish, but my wife could not have meat today for whatever reason, so I decided to make something dairy/vegetarian for her. Guess what we keep really stringent kosher, so if at all possible I will not eat the meat and the dairy at the same table. Feeling bad that I have not been able to have dinner with her the whole week I said that I would also eat only dairy stuff with her. So that meant cooking two separate dinners. In the middle of all of this my parents came to pick the black currants that are at about the end of its season, and that meant that I have to make the preserves/jelly. On the way here they stopped at grocery store where they found the Bing cherries on sale, my mother could not resist temptation, she picked up 4 pounds. So as if all of the above was not enough, I end up making 2 kinds of jellies. Now I have about 5 pints of each jelly, yum. … Tired, but happy, a lot was accomplished today, well, at least at home that was, work, well, there is another day at work tomorrow…. Good night. :chef:

CharlieD said:
What a crazy day. Had to work 6 till noon, ran to store, ran home, started cooking for counselors, we have a small camp for little kids ran by volunteers (3 teenage girls17-18) all the community has to do is provide them with shelter and food. I do not even have kids in the camp this year, but duty calls. Anyways, the past week I was so busy at work I have not even seen my wife let alone have dinner with her, so I thought we would have dinner all together, well I was wrong, I prepared a meat/chicken dish, but my wife could not have meat today for whatever reason, so I decided to make something dairy/vegetarian for her. Guess what we keep really stringent kosher, so if at all possible I will not eat the meat and the dairy at the same table. Feeling bad that I have not been able to have dinner with her the whole week I said that I would also eat only dairy stuff with her. So that meant cooking two separate dinners. In the middle of all of this my parents came to pick the black currants that are at about the end of its season, and that meant that I have to make the preserves/jelly. On the way here they stopped at grocery store where they found the Bing cherries on sale, my mother could not resist temptation, she picked up 4 pounds. So as if all of the above was not enough, I end up making 2 kinds of jellies. Now I have about 5 pints of each jelly, yum. … Tired, but happy, a lot was accomplished today, well, at least at home that was, work, well, there is another day at work tomorrow…. Good night. :chef:

Good grief, Charlie, I'm exhausted just reading your post! Glad you got so much done, and some good jellies too! :yum:

Yesterday I answered a trivia question on AARP of SC's Twitter contest and I found out today that I won a Starbucks card. Yay!

The "question" was "Name the presidents who died on July 4th." (Jefferson, Adams, and Monroe).

Yesterday I answered a trivia question on AARP of SC's Twitter contest and I found out today that I won a Starbucks card. Yay!

The "question" was "Name the presidents who died on July 4th." (Jefferson, Adams, and Monroe).
Neato! Congrats.

That's wild that three of the first five presidents died on the 4th of July.

Intersting trivia. Was the cause of death natural causes?
Yes, all natural causes. Jefferson was sick for a year or more.

Fifty years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, right before midnight, Jefferson asked if it was the 4th yet. They said it soon would be. He died shortly before 1:00 a.m. on the 4th. A few hours later John Adams (who didn't know of Jefferson's death) died after saying, "Independence forever," and "Thomas Jefferson survives."

Monroe died five years later.

So I get a notice that it is time to re-certify my food stamps. I fill out the paperwork and ask for confirmation that the fax was received. No response. So I send it again and a third time. Finally I call. It seemed that everyone was on vacation and my case had been handed off to three other workers. And yes they did receive it.

Yesterday I get a letter telling me that my food stamps have been discontinued because my application has not been processed yet. I am due to receive them tomorrow. Nothing like a short notice. They are supposed to, by law, notify me 30 days in advance. It is late at night when I open the letter. I go into a state of panic. So I call this morning. Leave a message asking for a call back. No response. I call again. The worker answers and is very curt and rude. She informs me that it is just a form letter that the computer sends automatically. I am told not to worry, there are other cases she has to do ahead of me. But I am in line and I will receive my food stamps on time. The urge to kill is very strong some days. And today is one of those days.

But I will get my food stamps. And the funny part to all of this is that I was more worried about purchasing my donations for the food bank more than anything else. So I eat for another month. :angel:

WoooHooo! I have TV back! A short call to technical services and a couple of adjustments (provided by their automated system (!), fixted it!!

Now I'm back to normal. TV, check. Internet, check. Food (not much, but check). DC caught up, working on it.

I'm a happy camper!!!

WoooHooo! I have TV back! A short call to technical services and a couple of adjustments (provided by their automated system (!), fixted it!!

Now I'm back to normal. TV, check. Internet, check. Food (not much, but check). DC caught up, working on it.

I'm a happy camper!!!

:clap::clap::clap: :angel:

Back
Top Bottom