Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Addie, but it was short lived. In order to position my TV where I wanted it, I had to move the plug, and no more TV. I called tech support, and was informed that it would take awhile before everything was working properly so I'll have to wait, but If I had to choose between TV or DC, I'd much rather be here with my friends.

At least she confirmed that it was possible that I'd have internet without cable TV, so .... They do seem to be on top of the problems.

Yee-HAW as a friend would say. When I packed up and moved out to the farm in 2010, I s/how misplaced the keys to the safe deposit box. I didn't realize this until last September when I was entrusted with a bunch of family jewelry. I knew where the keys were in the house in the City, but since the house was emptied out so tenants could use it, I had no clue where I put them at the farm. I've been unpacking stuff that was in storage/brought back from the farm-I FOUND the keys to the safe deposit box! I don't have to pay the fee to have the lock drilled (which I was loathe to do--knew as soon as I capitulated and did that, I'd find the keys). Now I can take the jewelery out of my dresser drawer and put it where it will be safe. And, I have put the keys back where they were for 20 years. I'm not losing my mind!

Yee-HAW as a friend would say. When I packed up and moved out to the farm in 2010, I s/how misplaced the keys to the safe deposit box. I didn't realize this until last September when I was entrusted with a bunch of family jewelry. I knew where the keys were in the house in the City, but since the house was emptied out so tenants could use it, I had no clue where I put them at the farm. I've been unpacking stuff that was in storage/brought back from the farm-I FOUND the keys to the safe deposit box! I don't have to pay the fee to have the lock drilled (which I was loathe to do--knew as soon as I capitulated and did that, I'd find the keys). Now I can take the jewelery out of my dresser drawer and put it where it will be safe. And, I have put the keys back where they were for 20 years. I'm not losing my mind!
w00t!

PrincessFiona60 said:
So, once again they were in the last place you looked...

Of course! Why would you keep looking for them after you found them? So you could say they were in the second to last place you looked? :grin

Those keys were talking to the stuff I deliberately threw on the floor and it jumped back up on the table. There is a conspiracy with all our belongings to drive us crazy. They talk to each other. I can hear them at night when they think I am sleeping. They talk and plot the night away. :angel:

Kitchen wall re-do was finished on Friday, and on Sunday we had a few friends over to admire it. It was a fun little party and I'm so happy with the results of the work. It is such a pain to have the kitchen pretty much unusable for over a week (we could use it to some degree, but it was much smarter to eat nuke-only, delivery, and out). I'm happy with the result and am enjoying my new kitchen.

Right after the hurricane I spent my food stamps ($35) plus a good chunk of my own money to partially restock after losing all my refrigerated and frozen foods. On my way home from the store, the cab driver said I should have received an added benefit and I called for the recording that told me I had another $16. I was happy with that.

Just a few minutes ago, a neighbor stopped by and said I should check again, because people were getting more, but it was taking several days to be added. I doubted it would be more than the additional $16, but was elated to find out I have $181 now!

Doing a Happy Dance!!!

I'll be shopping Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll be working on my grocery list, especially to make sure I have more canned foods on hand, in case of another storm.

Last edited:
Right after the hurricane I spent my food stamps ($35) plus a good chunk of my own money to partially restock after losing all my refrigerated and frozen foods. On my way home from the store, the cab driver said I should have received an added benefit and I called for the recording that told me I had another $16. I was happy with that.

Just a few minutes ago, a neighbor stopped by and said I should check again, because people were getting more, but it was taking several days to be added. I doubted it would be more than the additional $16, but was elated to find out I have $181 now!

Doing a Happy Dance!!!

I'll be shopping Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll be working on my grocery list, especially to make sure I have more canned foods on hand, in case of another storm.
WOW Z I'm so happy for you. There are times we get big grin's that seem to go from ear to ear. I bet yours does. whoopie.
kades

I was shopping at Zeller's and they had this on clearance for $21.00!
AAAAC11zTRkAAAAAAKeNEg.jpg

I never had a slow cooker before, so I got one. This is going to be fun. The crocks are 2.5 quarts each and dishwasher safe, so are the lids.

w00t!

Good for you Taxlady! Seems like a good buy, I like the idea of the "double pot"! I bet you could use it as a warming dish on a buffet table too. Might even work for cheese fondue in one and chocolate fondue in the other mmmmmm! Chocolate! ;)

Good for you Taxlady! Seems like a good buy, I like the idea of the "double pot"! I bet you could use it as a warming dish on a buffet table too. Might even work for cheese fondue in one and chocolate fondue in the other mmmmmm! Chocolate! ;)
It's actually called a "double slow cooker buffet and serve".

I like your idea of trying fondues in it.

It's actually called a "double slow cooker buffet and serve".

Hey what do you know about that.... I'm smarter than I look! Lol! Have fun with it Taxlady.

My store has baby back ribs on sale for 1.99 per pound. I'm stocking up my freezer! Last week we had spare ribs for 99 cents a pound, got some of those too!

My son made tomato soup today. First time ever. OK, he called me 10 times. Soup is excellent. I had to have seconds. Very proud, especially proud that he cut everything finely. Love it. I am a proud papa today.

Awesome, Charlie! This made me giggle, him calling Dad 10 times. How old is your son?

My son made tomato soup today. First time ever. OK, he called me 10 times. Soup is excellent. I had to have seconds. Very proud, especially proud that he cut everything finely. Love it. I am a proud papa today.

It's a great feeling when this happens Charlie. You should be very proud!

Back
Top Bottom