Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone. We did celebrate. We went out for lunch and each had the lox and bagel platter. :yum: I have half of mine in the fridge. :) :pig:

Big storm coming in.. hope no one gets hurt.. but this means lots of OT and bonuses at the right time of year.. we were talking about laying off two guys last week.. today we hired four... Good way to start the bad season in the restoration bussiness...

taxlady said:
Thanks everyone. We did celebrate. We went out for lunch and each had the lox and bagel platter. :yum: I have half of mine in the fridge. :) :pig:

I'm happy for you and your dear husband. :)

love2"Q" said:
Big storm coming in.. hope no one gets hurt.. but this means lots of OT and bonuses at the right time of year.. we were talking about laying off two guys last week.. today we hired four... Good way to start the bad season in the restoration bussiness...

Ah! I see what business you're in! Hope it's win-win for all involved.

taxlady said:
Stirling just got a call from the doctor's office. The MRI is clean! :w00t::clap::w00t2:
I was more than a little worried. He had the MRI because the CT scan showed a spot on his brain. I didn't tell him how worried I was. I didn't want to make him worry more than he already was doing. :in_love:

Great news Taxlady! So happy for you and Sterling!

The prawns I ate are making me feel a bit ill. I am mildly allergic to seafood but my celestamines usually sort me out. Hope this doesn't mean I have to stop eating them for good :(
Maybe they were just a bit off lol! Beats never eating seafood again!!!

I am allergic to the iodine that is in seafood. I can taste it the second I put it in my mouth. I immediately spit it out as graciously as I can. I do have a choice. Spit it out or stop breathing. :angel:

I am allergic to the iodine that is in seafood. I can taste it the second I put it in my mouth. I immediately spit it out as graciously as I can. I do have a choice. Spit it out or stop breathing. :angel:

Poor you :( Atleast I can eat seafood when I take my antihistamines.
Can't imagine life without a prawn or two.
I still get a bit sick but it's my favourite food ever! It's worth the slight tummy upset :angel:
It's the iodine in seafood that I'm allergic to too. Always have to get a strong antihistamine shot if I go for an operation.
My favourite fruit is pineapple and I'm allergic to that too and I can't eat much Eisbein because the crackling makes me ill since being on cholesterol meds. Oh boy do I love crackling!
I must have been a nasty cow in my past life, someone's trying to teach me a lesson :LOL:

Stirling just got a call from the doctor's office. The MRI is clean! :w00t::clap::w00t2:
I was more than a little worried. He had the MRI because the CT scan showed a spot on his brain. I didn't tell him how worried I was. I didn't want to make him worry more than he already was doing. :in_love:

Great news Taxy :)

Hoping that this doesn't cause controversy on this site (oh how I wish that I didn't have to preface this post with that!)

Maine has voted for marriage equality. My partner and I have been together for almost 9 years and we have decided to go to my home state next year and tie the knot! Although our current state of residence will still see us as "just friends", I hope that will too change some day soon!

Just wanted to share this with a lot of people that I consider friends here at DC.

Hoping that this doesn't cause controversy on this site (oh how I wish that I didn't have to preface this post with that!)

Maine has voted for marriage equality. My partner and I have been together for almost 9 years and we have decided to go to my home state next year and tie the knot! Although our current state of residence will still see us as "just friends", I hope that will too change some day soon!

Just wanted to share this with a lot of people that I consider friends here at DC.

I think that's fantastic. Best wishes to you and your partner.

bakechef said:

Bakechef, I am thrilled for you and your partner! That's wonderful!!!

congratulations to you and your partner, bc.--that is wonderful news for your future together as a married couple!:) is maine your native state? positive social change in our society often moves slowly, and sometimes takes a long time. today, attitudes and laws regarding same sex marriage are finally changing, and moving in the right direction in this country, state by state.

best wishes to you both for your future plans together, and thank you for sharing the good news with your dc friends.:)

Last edited:

You don't have to apologise for your taste or preference in life partners. Some people like blondes, brunettes, red heads, Asian, Indian, White, Black, men, woman..... Who cares what other people think. Who we choose to love is our choice and those who don't like it should just stay out of it. If your partner makes you happy that's all that matters.
People who have issues are not worthy of your time anyway. Congrats! Hope you have a great marriage :)

Congratulations Bakechef. :flowers:

Laws are slowly catching up in the social area. Think of George Takei. Two laws about marriage had to change in his life time for him to legally marry the person he loves. First, the law against Japanese marrying Caucasians and then the law about which gender a person can marry.

Back
Top Bottom