Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just went through my closet. I have a pile of skirts. pants and dresses that I wore in April and May that no longer fit BUT might be able to alter with the help of a friend who is a great seamstress. I can't afford new clothes! Perhaps I should beg for a make over on Marilyn or Steve and Chris...

I just went through my closet. I have a pile of skirts. pants and dresses that I wore in April and May that no longer fit BUT might be able to alter with the help of a friend who is a great seamstress. I can't afford new clothes! Perhaps I should beg for a make over on Marilyn or Steve and Chris...
Yes, you should. I figure that then you will have a great financial situation and won't need it. ;)

I had fence on the two sides of my backyard, but no fence at the back. I finally got around to doing something about that. I tried to find a handyman, but no one called back. I phoned the stores that sell fence lumber. They wanted ~$1,100. The fence is only 16' long.

A friend of mine posted that she is looking for work. She mentioned that she is good at renos, so I asked if she could build a fence. Yes, she can. She finished it today. It's cedar. The one I got the estimate on was treated wood. This is what it looks like:

20130917_155645.jpg

I am a happy camper.

I had fence on the two sides of my backyard, but no fence at the back. I finally got around to doing something about that. I tried to find a handyman, but no one called back. I phoned the stores that sell fence lumber. They wanted ~$1,100. The fence is only 16' long.

A friend of mine posted that she is looking for work. She mentioned that she is good at renos, so I asked if she could build a fence. Yes, she can. She finished it today. It's cedar. The one I got the estimate on was treated wood. This is what it looks like:

I am a happy camper.

That's lovely, Taxy! I'm really happy for you, it worked out great!

That's lovely, Taxy! I'm really happy for you, it worked out great!
It sure did. I'm really glad I got the cedar instead of the mystery wood with the toxic chemicals to keep it from rotting. I didn't think of this until today. There was a lot of sawdust. It's just plain cedar sawdust that will decompose. It's not that toxic c__p, that would have made my soil not exactly organic. :ermm: I do my best to keep my herbs organic.

It sure did. I'm really glad I got the cedar instead of the mystery wood with the toxic chemicals to keep it from rotting. I didn't think of this until today. There was a lot of sawdust. It's just plain cedar sawdust that will decompose. It's not that toxic c__p, that would have made my soil not exactly organic. :ermm: I do my best to keep my herbs organic.

Keep her number handy. It looks like she knows her business. The fence looks lovely. :angel:

Keep her number handy. It looks like she knows her business. The fence looks lovely. :angel:
We are starting a list of stuff we want her to do. My neighbour came out and watched a couple of times. She wants my friend to give her an estimate for some painting she needs done.
:angel:
Nice fence, does she do windows?:)
Do windows, as in wash them? Nope.

So last week during my car-pipe freezing drama, I had a bit of good news. One of my traveling friends calls and says that he wants to surprise our other traveling friend with a cruise for her birthday. I told him that we'd love to go, but after a cruise last year and a wedding, that there will be no big trips this year. He said "oh I know, but I just got a bonus and I want to pay for everyone to go!"

Um, HECK YES! So at this time next month we'll be on our way to the Bahamas and Key West!

This will be a nice get away, that was unexpected!

So last week during my car-pipe freezing drama, I had a bit of good news. One of my traveling friends calls and says that he wants to surprise our other traveling friend with a cruise for her birthday. I told him that we'd love to go, but after a cruise last year and a wedding, that there will be no big trips this year. He said "oh I know, but I just got a bonus and I want to pay for everyone to go!"

Um, HECK YES! So at this time next month we'll be on our way to the Bahamas and Key West!

Do you have room in your suitcase for, um, some extra weight? I fold up pretty compact.

Sounds wonderful, Bakechef! Love Key West!

Last edited:

Do you need a new friend? I am available! :angel:

Would you be on the Carnival Glory by any chance? My son just started a 4 month contract with them. He is playing his guitar and singing in some lounges and on the pool deck three times a day. It would freak him out if I could get some strangers(to him, anyway) to come up and say hello to him by name. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom