Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
happy vent, unexpectedly have a day off. was going shopping with granddaughter. we decided to wait till tomorrow. of course i have tons to do here. but i don't have to do any of it.

Soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a good book!

Soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a good book!

well, not quite, but had a beer a little while ago. got some new books in mail written by jd robb. will start first one tonight. did stuff for dinner and cleaned up the mess. sent recipes to a few d.c. members that wanted them.

so jazzed. got the christmas ornaments i ordered from orient trading co. unbreakable so charlie can't destroy. little cloth stocking. metal barn ;) stars and angels. that should do it. they are really cute. ;)

Last night, I lost one of my new Opal Earrings. I was upset and afraid to tell Shrek about it since I'd only had them for about 2 weeks.

This morning, on my way into work, I was walking with my head down to keep the snow out of my face and what did I see on the asphalt? My earring, undamaged, no one had run over it or walked on it. :angel:

Last night, I lost one of my new Opal Earrings. I was upset and afraid to tell Shrek about it since I'd only had them for about 2 weeks.

This morning, on my way into work, I was walking with my head down to keep the snow out of my face and what did I see on the asphalt? My earring, undamaged, no one had run over it or walked on it. :angel:
Yay! Once I lost a really cute cat earring. It was gone for years. Then one day my sister looked down right outside the back door of my mom and dad's house, and there it was in a crack. It had apparently been pushed down into the crack, then it eventually surfaced again.

My happy venting is that right before the mail I said a prayer that there would be something good in the mail. Not only did the SolidWorks books James ordered come, but the gift we bought our friends' son (which said it could come as late as the 24th) came, we got a Christmas card from a good friend, and there was money from my dad. Definitely good mail today.

:)Barbara

taxlady, for gifts. i made a regular sized pillow and two throw pillows out of theme or the movie tangled. also bought a comforter with Rapunzel on it .these are for four year great grandaughter . made a baby quilt for four month old great granddaughter. i generally don't sew for myself. these days patterns and fabric are so expensive that it is cheaper to buy. i do lots of stuff for my home. i really enjoy it. not so much with this cold.

Got a huge rent reduction at our business location. I wasn't kidding when I told the Landlord that I can get a similar space with plenty of parking for almost 1/2 the rent.
At least that's one huge relief during these bad economic times.

taxlady, for gifts. i made a regular sized pillow and two throw pillows out of theme or the movie tangled. also bought a comforter with Rapunzel on it .these are for four year great grandaughter . made a baby quilt for four month old great granddaughter. i generally don't sew for myself. these days patterns and fabric are so expensive that it is cheaper to buy. i do lots of stuff for my home. i really enjoy it. not so much with this cold.

Congratulations. I know how good it feels to complete a project. What's next?

Got a huge rent reduction at our business location. I wasn't kidding when I told the Landlord that I can get a similar space with plenty of parking for almost 1/2 the rent.

w00t!

no more sewing til the new year. i still have to tie the quilt with yarn so it doesn't let the batting move when it washed. i really do love sewing for my babies.

Do you have anything specific planned, or haven't decided yet?

WOWZERS roadfix !! Rent reductions are practically unheard of, especially someplace like Los Angeles. I'm really happy for you. As a past business owner I'm rooting for you all the way!! Congrats, and Merry Christmas!!:)

^^^ Thanks. This was our second rent reduction. Last year we got a 10% reduction on base rent. That was not enough so I requested another one last month and this time we settled on an additional 25% reduction. Still, even with this significant reduction I'm paying 50 cents a square foot more on an identical 1200 sq/ft space than the new pizzeria next door who opened shop just this year.

Those are great new stories. They remind me why McGill University doesn't change its rules about tenured professors. There was one professor who didn't show up for years, even though he collected his salary. Then one day he gave McGill University several million dollars. He had invented something or other and made a fortune. He was able to do it because of the steady income as a tenured professor.

Since I've been noticing some weight loss, I ordered a bathroom scale online which just arrived:

Tada.JPG

I've lost 31 pounds over two years. :punk::clap::w00t::w00t2::bounce:

WHOOPEE!

Back
Top Bottom