Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a PITA it is to just get dressed in the morning. I never wear more than one layer of clothes all year long here. There, I had on nearly a weeks worth of clothes everyday and looked and felt like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.:bb: You folks sure have a lot of weekly laundry to deal with....sheesh!

:LOL:And you better make sure you got to the bathroom BEFORE you get dressed. Makes potty stops interesting.:ROFLMAO:

Welcome Home, Kayelle!

I'm all excited, I got a special delivery from California of some Meyer Lemons. Kayelle sent them to me, from her YARD!. Alix's Lemon cake....

Wow, you planted a seed there Fiona!!:chef: I searched for Alix's recipe, found it, bought lemons and eggs and flour....now I just have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to make it so someone else is here to eat it besides just myself!! I am dying to make this! I may drop some poppyseeds in, too. What I like about the recipe is that it only makes an 8 x 8 size cake. Not so much to be tempted by as it will not last too long.

I'm now trying to figure out if my poppy seeds are fresh enough to use. I can't remember when I bought them (maybe a year ago??), but have kept them in the fridge.

Anyway....happy vent over!:D

Wow, you planted a seed there Fiona!!:chef: I searched for Alix's recipe, found it, bought lemons and eggs and flour....now I just have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to make it so someone else is here to eat it besides just myself!! I am dying to make this! I may drop some poppyseeds in, too. What I like about the recipe is that it only makes an 8 x 8 size cake. Not so much to be tempted by as it will not last too long.

I'm now trying to figure out if my poppy seeds are fresh enough to use. I can't remember when I bought them (maybe a year ago??), but have kept them in the fridge.

Anyway....happy vent over!:D

I had to wait until this weekend for much the same reason. Shrek was on a medical fast last weekend...so it's lemon cake for us this week. BEFORE I get the bad news on what I am allowed to eat.;)

I had to wait until this weekend for much the same reason. Shrek was on a medical fast last weekend...so it's lemon cake for us this week. BEFORE I get the bad news on what I am allowed to eat.;)

I hope the news isn't as bad as you think. We should all be allowed reasonable amounts of goodies.:)

I hope the news isn't as bad as you think. We should all be allowed reasonable amounts of goodies.:)

First, I'm a nurse and have taken lots of nutrition classes. Second, I'm a nurse, I have "counseled" many people with various health problems on what they can and can't eat. Third...I know the MD and Dietician running the class...there will be lots of denial and temper tantrums. AND lastly...I already bought the cookbooks...waaahhhhhh!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm doing Alix's lemon bars this weekend....they are identical to my recipe, and also worthy of Meyer lemons. Yummy....lemon goodies all around at DC this weekend!

You're sure right about this, PF......:ohmy:
:LOL:And you better make sure you got to the bathroom BEFORE you get dressed. Makes potty stops interesting.:ROFLMAO:

Welcome Home, Kayelle!

First, I'm a nurse and have taken lots of nutrition classes. Second, I'm a nurse, I have "counseled" many people with various health problems on what they can and can't eat. Third...I know the MD and Dietician running the class...there will be lots of denial and temper tantrums. AND lastly...I already bought the cookbooks...waaahhhhhh!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do they have good recipes in them?? I'm looking for a cookbook with lighter recipes. I am going to try to find this one: The Most Decadent Diet Ever by Devin Alexander. It was recommended by a friend on a diet forum I belong use.

Kayelle-I've heard of Meyer lemons and have never had them. What is the difference between those and regular lemons at the grocery store?

Do they have good recipes in them?? I'm looking for a cookbook with lighter recipes. I am going to try to find this one: The Most Decadent Diet Ever by Devin Alexander. It was recommended by a friend on a diet forum I belong use.

Kayelle-I've heard of Meyer lemons and have never had them. What is the difference between those and regular lemons at the grocery store?

I bought the American Heart Association Cookbooks. The Regular one and one of each Lowfat and Low Salt. I also got the DASH Diet cookbook. These are what the Dietician will be using to teach us.

Welcome Home, Kayelle!

There's a reason I don't wear coveralls. Actually there is a story that goes with that. It involved driving over 100 miles to the only rest stop in a provincial park in northern Quebec in winter. There's enough country girl in me that I don't mind going behind a bush, but the idea of taking off my jacket to get the overalls down was simply unbearable. Brrrrr

Annie,
The Meyer lemon flesh is a light orange-yellow color, with juice sweeter than that of most lemons, but is not often commercially cultivated. The main reason for this is its thin skin, which makes the Improved Meyer Lemon difficult to ship safely.It is a cross between a type of orange, and a lemon.

Introduced to the United States (from China) in the early twentieth century, it was discovered by Frank N. Meyer, who was on assignment from the USDA as an agricultural explorer.
Since we live in the Heritage Valley they call the lemon capital of the world, we planted our tree in the ground, but many people grow them in patio pots. After doing some research, I see that most everyone can have a tree of their own. Check out this site. Meyer Lemon Trees - Buy Indoor Lemon Trees for Sale

Taxlady........I SOO understand. :LOL:

There's a reason I don't wear coveralls. Actually there is a story that goes with that. It involved driving over 100 miles to the only rest stop in a provincial park in northern Quebec in winter. There's enough country girl in me that I don't mind going behind a bush, but the idea of taking off my jacket to get the overalls down was simply unbearable. Brrrrr

It's important to think through your layers...I had a friend who thought that if pantyhose kept you toasty underneath (which they do) that a leotard would be just perfect. She forgot that hers only came off from the shoulders.:ROFLMAO:

got my nut grinder i ordered on ebay. it is cute. has small glass bottom and a metal lid. a tiny bit of rust but think it will work just fine. it is old but not sure about the"antique" part

i am really pooped. i cleaned out my walk-in closet today. put all the stuff out for the vets pickup tomorrow. it is a super good tired. a job long overdue and if i do say so, a good job. i was ruthless in what i threw out. craft and decoration closet is next. it fills an entire double closet. another day will do it.

i am really pooped. i cleaned out my walk-in closet today. put all the stuff out for the vets pickup tomorrow. it is a super good tired. a job long overdue and if i do say so, a good job. i was ruthless in what i threw out. craft and decoration closet is next. it fills an entire double closet. another day will do it.
Way to go babe:) I wish I had more energy.I'm getting there though
kadesma:)

And on a happy note here, I'm smiling because My grandson told me he is going to take a cooking class at JC, he has to make an appy,entre, saladd and dessert. I'm so proud of him he's such a good kid
.kadesma :)

I will feel that way tomorrow when I get everything toted to the storage unit that is cluttering my living room. I've been busy collecting things together for the BIG garage sale for Relay For Life, Cancer Research.

I've also been going through the pantry and getting rid of (I take it to work) the food items I can no longer eat...I have all kinds of space all the sudden.:LOL:

I just got two annoying computer problems fixed with the help of TaxLady and Damian.

It's so nice to have everything back to normal.

I knew if I posted my problem here someone would help, and I was right. It's less than 24 hours and both problems are fixed. No more frustration there.

What a great place DC is!

We just found out that James is still in the running for the job he interviewed for a month ago. The job is here in town, but they are still discussing it up at Corporate in Pennsylvania. Most CAD jobs around here are up in Charlotte, about 40 miles away, but this is between 3-4 miles from home, and the difference in gas costs would be tremendous! :cool::cool:

The other good news is that we got some money, which will mostly be used for bills, but we will be able to splurge a little and go out to eat on our anniversary Monday. :cool:

We just found out that James is still in the running for the job he interviewed for a month ago. The job is here in town, but they are still discussing it up at Corporate in Pennsylvania. Most CAD jobs around here are up in Charlotte, about 40 miles away, but this is between 3-4 miles from home, and the difference in gas costs would be tremendous! :cool::cool:

The other good news is that we got some money, which will mostly be used for bills, but we will be able to splurge a little and go out to eat on our anniversary Monday. :cool:

Very nice, have fun on Monday!:)

Yay for money and little splurges. Happy anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom