Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It seems that the venting thread is wonderful for a place to air our disappointments and frustrations, but what about those times to you are bursting with good feelings. They need to be vented too. Hence, the Happy Note Venting thread.

I'm feeling exhilarated that my live turned around and that I am the point where I can splurge on good cheeses and the fact that I've come so far that I now have furniture, cable TV and a computer with internet. This past month I even was able to buy myself a musical keyboard that was totally unnecessary and just for me because I wanted it and I could.

It's the first time in many years that I have been able to do these things and feel this way.

So here is a venting thread to vent the excited feelings and share the happiness.

Zhizara

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread! And good for you!!!!

Here's mine, after 3 months of early morning walks before work and trying to be better about what I eat (today was an exception if you see today's what's for dinner) I have lost not only the 10 lbs I needed to loose by my Dr appointment next week, I have also lost an additional 5 lbs!!! I'm ready to keep going now.

Wonderful thread . Let me share a big smile with the two of you. I've lost the weight that diaylisis put on me and today I spent on just me getting my hair cut and visiting with Olivia and Ethan. That beautiful blue eyed boy told me he love me more than anything. How wonderful is that.?
kades

This morning started out on a very sour note, Shrek was sleeping and I had to rush out of the house without saying, "Good-Bye."

When I got home, the dishes were done, the trash taken out and dinner was made. Even though I was an hour late getting home, traffic, I was greeted with hugs and kisses, even the cats were excited.

Perfect day...it's been a perfect day!

Wonderful thread . Let me share a big smile with the two of you. I've lost the weight that diaylisis put on me and today I spent on just me getting my hair cut and visiting with Olivia and Ethan. That beautiful blue eyed boy told me he love me more than anything. How wonderful is that.?
kades
That's great!

I don't want to get too excited (yes I do, but you know what I mean!), but there is a glimmer of hope that James might get a job interview soon.

:)Barbara

Oh, Barbara, that is great news! You both have my prayers on that one.

Today was a real downer. We found out that before we could get our little dog (Joey) groomed, he had to have a checkup we have been putting off because of lack of funds (last month our big dog, Violet, cost us $300). We also knew that Joey needed more ear drops for a chronic infection and that would also mean a swab test.

DH is waiting to hear from a company regarding casual work that would offset the lack of hours with his current company and probably lead to full-time permanent work (and benefits) faster and at higher pay. But while he is getting hours at two group homes, they are holding back from booking him because if he gets this job, he will be training for 12 days full time (and getting paid). So we are taking a gamble he may not have any work for 2 weeks.

So, when I picked Joey up and was handed a $200 plus bill, I was pretty depressed. But tonight, as I was sitting here at the computer, this little head popped up from his "hiding place" under my desk, and every fear, doubt and despair washed away. He looked up at me much to say, "Thank you Mommy for looking after me" and life just can't get any better than that.

Thanks Zhizara, this is like venting and recording the last thing that made you smile all in one!

Last edited:
Barbara, James, you are in my heart and prayers. You've been so patient may God bless you both and give you your dream.
cj

Thanks everyone--Now I just hope they call back! Yesterday's call was a recording, and it caught me by surprise and I chose the call back option, since James wasn't there. I just hope I didn't end up costing him a job.

Today's happy vent is that I got over 20 cups of pumpkin from the first 2 pumpkins (almost 9 from the smallest and over 11 from the 2nd one) and still have 6 pumpkins to go! The biggest pumpkin (which I haven't done yet) was $5 (before Halloween), but the other 7 were only 99 cents each. Some will be used for pies and desserts, but I plan to use most of it as a vegetable. I love it with a little butter on it. Yum!

:)Barbara

I got several thank yous today for a job well done...and I gave out lots of hugs and kisses today to my old folks.

I'm just happy to have had a whole night's sleep, waking up at 5:45 and spending my morning with a cuppa coffee and catching up on all my friends on DC.

I've laughed at some of the posts. What a great way to start my day! Thanks to all of you!

I'm thankful for this thread......thanks Z.

Well, this is a big day. We are going to Las Vegas for a quiet private wedding ceremony in front of the beautiful fountain in front of the Bellagio Hotel on Saturday.
Bellagio Fountain Show

Let me back up. My wonderful husband of three years, has finally repaired his torn relationship with his 40 year old son. It's a too long story, but his son really never knew his dad, because of his bitter mother. What a shame for this father and son, for all these wasted years.

Anyway, Andy (the son) called today and asked us to come to Vegas so Steve (my husband, his father) can be his "best man". I could cry for them, it is such a wonderful thing. It will just be the four of us, and very simple, in front of this beautiful fountain.
Is there anything more wonderful than love?

He's adorable, PF!!

More good news today!! I needed my head examined. No doubt, some would say. :LOL:
Seriously, I had a brain MRI plus a die job, on Monday trying to figure out these blamed headaches. Dr. called with the results this morning, and said the tests were clear. I think he could have worded that better myself. :ermm:

Anyway, now I can take off for Vegas with a clear head. Wooo Hoooooo

Enjoy sweetie. :) Best to DH and son may they grow closer as time passes
kades

My happy vent is that thanks to a couple of TV marathons of shows I could stand, my "lapghan" is now long enough to reach my ankles and keeps my legs warm while I'm working on it. It's about 5' wide and now is over 3' long. I won't have to turn on the heat for awhile yet, and that keeps the electric bill down.

There is a Law & Order marathon on today so it'll keep me busy, and warm all day.

He's adorable, PF!!

More good news today!! I needed my head examined. No doubt, some would say. :LOL:
Seriously, I had a brain MRI plus a die job, on Monday trying to figure out these blamed headaches. Dr. called with the results this morning, and said the tests were clear. I think he could have worded that better myself. :ermm:

Anyway, now I can take off for Vegas with a clear head. Wooo Hoooooo

Thanks Kayelle, we think he's special!:LOL: We haven't seen them for about three years, so getting the vidoes is nice.

So glad you're MRI turned out good, Have fun in Vegas!

I have enjoyed reading this happy thread from the start and thank you to all who have posted here. Good idea Zhizara :flowers:

Kayelle, I was wondering where you were as I hadn't seen you posting. So I went to your profile and looked for your last post and found this (not your last but close). I loved the fountain video and that's one of my favorite pieces of music. I assume the voices are Andrea Bocelli and Susan Brightman and singing "Time to Say Goodbye". I have never seen this set to the fountains though and that was a real treat! I'm glad your MRI was clear...phew

And Princess...is Noah your grandson? He is cute as a button. I just reread the last post and see that he is. He looks like you!

Last edited:
I have enjoyed reading this happy thread from the start and thank you to all who have posted here. Good idea Zhizara :flowers:

Thanks MA. I mentioned it in my venting post, but wasn't going to do it, but several others encouraged me. I'm glad I did too.

And Princess...is Noah your grandson? He is cute as a button. I just reread the last post and see that he is. He looks like you!

Yes, he is my Grandson, but we are not blood relation, his father is my middle Stepson...:LOL: Thank you, I am very proud of him, he is a shining light. And he really looks like Shrek, when Shrek was that age.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom