Very bad Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... my dad passed the Sunday before. Not unexpected but my last parent, adopted, and only 1 aunt left and then I'm oldest in the family on my side.
I'm sad and sorry for your loss, medtran. Like Kayelle mentioned, no matter what your age, when parents are all gone and you're an "orphan", it hurts like the dickens.

Thanks guys and yeah it hit harder than I expected. I was an only, no siblings. I knew he wasn't going to be around much longer, he'd just turned 90 two weeks prior, had dementia and had been on a rapid decline the last month or so. At least I got to see him a couple of months ago before the dementia totally took him away. He lived almost 1000 miles away so I didn't get to see him as often as I would have liked.

Last edited:
Mine wasn't the greatest either, no food poisoning, and frankly i suspect another culprit, but my dad passed the Sunday before. Not unexpected but my last parent, adopted, and only 1 aunt left and then I'm oldest in the family on my side.

Medtran, just saw this. So sorry for your loss.

Girls, it will be the worst Thanksgiving in my family...
I bought a turkey yesterday in Walmart and it was definitely fresh. It looked and smelled good. But after dinner my whole family except me (because i'm a vegetarian,) were poisoned. My son Robert got in the hospital and he's still there! I don't know what to do!

I hope all is well by now, but Alice previously said her kids were named Jackie and Stan.:ermm:

There are plenty boys on this forum too Alice, unless your comment was directed at girls only? :LOL:

That should always be a given on any forum.

Probably a BOT. Troll type post it seems.

That's a possibility.Remember don't feed the Trolls.

The way I see it is if a newbie asks a question.Is given an answer and never replies back or is seen of again, in any way around here.Troll is written all over that post.
I don't waste my time with them.

Girls, it will be the worst Thanksgiving in my family...
I bought a turkey yesterday in Walmart and it was definitely fresh. It looked and smelled good. But after dinner my whole family except me (because i'm a vegetarian,) were poisoned. My son Robert got in the hospital and he's still there! I don't know what to do!

I'm sorry to hear this happened - I know that this is a scenario we all fear and I can only imagine how tough this must be. Since you said you shopped at Walmart - is there any chance that some of the recalled celery was involved? You can look at the recall list here: Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. Recalls Celery Products Because Of Possible Health Risk

Please let us know how you and your family are doing. :)

This discussion has been closed by the site team and I wanted to let you know the reason behind this.

Recently we were contacted by news outlets asking questions about the first post of this thread after it was identified as being suspicious.

Shortly after this first post was made back in 2015 an unusual number of links were posted on twitter and other social media from Russian linked accounts all linking to this post. This post was used to perpetuate alarm about wide spread turkey poisoning that turned out to be false.

Today the Wall Street Journal ran an article about this and you can read it here: https://www.wsj.com/graphics/russian-trolls-tweeted-disinformation-long-before-u-s-election/

It's disheartening to consider that Discuss Cooking would have been used in this way but we thought in the interest of transparency you would want to know.

The friendly community we work so hard to maintain was used to leverage discord and agendas that are antithetical to those ideals that most folks hold. We are quick to trust what we read and the motivations of others and so while it is distasteful, we must recognize that we were unwittingly scooped up in a misinformation scheme designed to sow discord and distrust.

We're grateful that diligent reporters and investigators have shone a bright light on this problem and hope to learn from this - we should all pay a little closer attention.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom