"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical cooker View Post
Consider getting an ultrasound. Neural tube defects show as anencephaly and spina bifida and will show up on an ultrasound. Ultrasounds are minimally invasive. A picture will let you know for sure. Also, look for a genetic counselor to talk to.
Thanks for your advice.

I have done 4 D Ultrasound but nothing indicating spina bifida. We don't have proper genetic counselor here.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

I have no advice to offer, but I wanted to come in to give you my support. I know how hard and confusing these things can be and I know you must be having a very hard time with this. I will be sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that everything works out the way you would like it to.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I have no advice to offer, but I wanted to come in to give you my support. I know how hard and confusing these things can be and I know you must be having a very hard time with this. I will be sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that everything works out the way you would like it to.
Thanks for your support.

I really can't explain how confusing. The triple marker test not even done in Calcutta, I had to send my sample to Mumbai and the test is very expensive. Very few doctors are aware about triple marker test. I think my doctor was misguiding me. If we knew this is a screening test we refused the test.

There is no proper place in Calcutta for amniocentesis or CVS.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
Master Chef

I'm glad you said the ultrasound didn't show spina bifida. That gives some encouragement. Continue to have ultrasounds to show that. God bless you and and your new family. I'm sure you will be a great mother no matter what the outcome is.