"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Senior Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside of Memphis, TN
Posts: 339
Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Thumbs up Very Off Topic, $4 Prescription Drug Program

WalMart, regardless of what you may think of them, has instituted a $4 generic prescription drug program. The list of drugs are in the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

I understand Target is doing something similar and a store I'm not familiar with, HEB.

This wasn't available in my state until just a couple of days ago, now it's available and is a blessing for people who don't have insurance (or even if you do! - doesn't matter!).

Three of my medications are on the list for $4 generic drugs which will make a huge difference in my life!

Here's the list (PDF reader required)

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

Fraidy

__________________

__________________
FraidKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Sous Chef
 
Harborwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: landlocked
Posts: 516
Not a single medication I take is on that list. I'm so grateful that I have insurance - one perscription alone would be 285.00 a month - with insurance it's 35.00!

Fortunatley most of those drugs (on the list) are the common drugs that most people are prescribed. It will really be a blessing for them. Thank's to WalMart!
__________________

__________________
I'm just lookin' for my "cheese"!
http://cookafloat.blogspot.com
Harborwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,494
K-Mart does the same thing.

Wegman's grocrery stores has a plan as well.

This is nice of them to do it, but the amount of perscriptions that are only 4 bucks is at most 3% of the total drugs in the marketplace.
__________________
Have you had your habanero pepper today????
The hotter the pepper, the better the pepper!!!
kleenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,038
The prescription drug program is very expensive if you don't have drug coverage on your medical plan. Kmart, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacies, and I think RiteAid offer very good discounts.
__________________

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
Not a single medication I take is on that list. I'm so grateful that I have insurance - one perscription alone would be 285.00 a month - with insurance it's 35.00!

Fortunatley most of those drugs (on the list) are the common drugs that most people are prescribed. It will really be a blessing for them. Thank's to WalMart!
I have insurance which covers most of my medications, however I'll save at least $64.00 per month on copays under this program. Even if this is a marketing scheme to bring more business, if nothing else I would hope that this program will be copied by all pharmacies to benefit more people not within driving distance of WalMart.
__________________
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Senior Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside of Memphis, TN
Posts: 339
Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
From what I understand, Target and other "big box" stores are following suit. Most people's drug co-pays are $10-25 USD so this has got to be helpful for more than just me!

And I don't care if it's a marketing scheme... doesn't mean I'll shop for other stuff. But I will be able to afford my medication and not rely on my doctor having free samples. I don't have a job; I dont have insurance. This is absolutely a blessing.

Fraidy
__________________
FraidKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
Sous Chef
 
Corinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mystic, CT - transplanted from Lancaster, PA
Posts: 596
Send a message via AIM to Corinne
We have no insurance right now. I take 3 maintenance drugs & my husband takes one. I order one of my 3 from another country for a decent price. The other 2 are on WalMart's list. Yay! Unfortunately, our most expensive prescription is my husband's & it's a controlled substance so he has to have a written prescription for it for every 30 day supply.
__________________
I'm all about the food!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:02 AM   #8
Senior Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside of Memphis, TN
Posts: 339
Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
We have no insurance right now. I take 3 maintenance drugs & my husband takes one. I order one of my 3 from another country for a decent price. The other 2 are on WalMart's list. Yay! Unfortunately, our most expensive prescription is my husband's & it's a controlled substance so he has to have a written prescription for it for every 30 day supply.
If it's available in generic and is on the list it shouldn't matter if the doctor phones it in or if you bring in a written prescription.

My LLL (that's Long Lost Love, way long story! from another bulletin board where I first met KateE and a few other folks who also post here) takes Lipitor. His doctor never even told him there is a generic available! Vytorin. It's not on the $4 drug list but in generic form costs a heck of a lot less than the name brand.

Fraidy
__________________
FraidKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
Assistant Cook
 
PeppA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: USA,Oklahoma
Posts: 38
Send a message via Yahoo to PeppA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraidKnot
WalMart, regardless of what you may think of them, has instituted a $4 generic prescription drug program. The list of drugs are in the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

I understand Target is doing something similar and a store I'm not familiar with, HEB.

This wasn't available in my state until just a couple of days ago, now it's available and is a blessing for people who don't have insurance (or even if you do! - doesn't matter!).

Three of my medications are on the list for $4 generic drugs which will make a huge difference in my life!

Here's the list (PDF reader required)

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion...icdruglist.pdf

Fraidy



I thank god that someone came out with this program. With my medical conditions, Oklahoma won't let me get insurance because we make to much. So for me getting my diabeties checked and blood pressure in cheked, I just can afford the meds. So now that this is here. I can get my perscriptions easier.
__________________

__________________
PeppA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.