Very sad week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be praying for you and your family.

I just got back home tonight and logged on to find all of these posts. I don't know what to say - I'm overwhelmed by all the really loving and caring thoughts. I've had a very blessed life and haven't been on this end of things very often. I just never imagined so many people taking me and my family into their hearts and prayers. Ya'll can't begin to know just how much this means to me - reading them set the tears rolling down my face. Thank you all so much.

My brother had a sad life and never really had much joy or happiness. We always hoped that this would change one day, so his death is especially sad. My mom and dad were always there for him, hoping and praying that things would get better. Mom is very frail health-wise, but is still as smart and capable mentally as she always has been. She's wanted to move to San Antonio since my father died, but couldn't leave my brother. My brother didn't want to move from the city he'd lived in for 40 years. So they took care of each other.

Now, she's ready to come and let us take care of everything so that she can just enjoy being with the people that love her. It's hard for her to let go of the responsibilities and trust that we love her and welcome the opportunity to be with her and care for her. She scared of being a burden. But she's ready to take this leap of faith and we're so happy she will.

She'll move into the guest house so that she can still have her privacy and the kids won't drive her nuts, but we can take care of all the chores that are just too much for her. Selfishly, I can hardly wait to have morning coffee with her every day! It's a pleasure I haven't had in many years and I'm grateful there is still time for us to do this.

My oldest daughter traded places with me today so I could come home and get my little Fisher. I'll be going back on Saturday so my daughter go back home and back to work. For the time being, we will trade off staying there so she won't be alone. It'll be a hectic few months but it will be worth it.

Again, thanks to all of you for being my friends. It makes me a very rich woman.

Hey, we're here for you..........when my hubby's mom was left a widow none of us left her alone for one day....it's what kept her going....she's so lucky to have you and your family to take care of her and I'm so sorry to hear that your brother had such a sad life..

Terry, it makes me sad that your brother never had the opportunity to fulfill his potential. I like to think that he is in a better place and will have another chance. It's great that you will de able to soothe your mother's hurts and enjoy having time with her. This is indeed a remarkable group of people on DC. I have taken part in a number of internet boards over the years, and I've never seen anything like this. Such a warm and supportive community. We are lucky to be a part of it.

I read your comments in the very beginning and no words seem to be adequate for the amount of heartache you must be having. Truly has brought me down to put myself in your place. However, your mom has you and I am sure she will find comfort in knowing you are fine and still able to be with her. If your brother was having discomfort and not enjoying his life, I find although so painful, you must find strength that his days of misery are over and he is in a place where we know is at rest. This world can be so cruel.

I am praying that as the days pass, both you and your mom will find the strength and courage you both need. Having a family member around is so important and maybe the reason why we are all here today. I believe there is a plan directed for all of us and we must walk that path no matter how distasteful or disappointing it seems.

Please stay in touch and let us know how things are going. No matter how far we all need one another.

We are all here for you.
Having her own place will be a big benefit for your Mom. It will give her a place to take care of. I know at 93 my Grandmother does NOT want anyone to help her. She takes pride in keeping her apartment clean, gradening, and doing for others. Even at her age she is so active in our church that I think she puts some of the "younger crowd" to shame. All here activities and invovement is what got her through when my aunt, her daughter, passed away suddenly in 2006 at 66 yo. They had lived in the same house for 63 of those 66 years, so I kind of understand what she is going through. Encourage her to be active and let her do things. That will go a long way to helping here transition into your daily lives.

Terry My friend you have my deepest condolence's warm thoughts and prayers. Knowing what you are going through having just recently loosing my wife. I understand your grief
and sadness. My the great I Am grant you peace and comfort. I will say Kaddish for your brother Gramps

I know you're probably feeling alittle numb right now, or if not, alittle overwhelmed, but each day you'll see how strong you really are, and that we're all with you. Blessings to you and yours.

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all the others. - Winston Churchill

Terry, I'm so sorry to learn your sad news. I have been in and out the last 24 hours, mostly out, and have just now had the chance to offer my condolences to your and your dear mother. Buck and I send our hugs and will say prayers for you all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom