Very Short Quiz for People Over 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's ok. I don't think everyone got that this (my original post) wasn't really about water at all. I don't mind it going off topic, but some of the posts were going into territory already covered in the Beverage forum.

:cool:Barbara

ok, sorry, Barbs, I know which brand I like where I live but none of you have heard of it.....here in Houston I buy whatever is cold and cheapest in Houston otherwise I bring my own with ice....don't really have a favorite brand quite honestly.......

Pretty much nothing is free anymore! I'm sure they will figure out a way to make us pay before we are allowed to think.

Expat, sweetie, you did nothing wrong! Don't apologize!

:)Barbara

I don't actually recall hearing anyone make that comment, but I'm quite sure someone did....and someone with forethought heard him....and created bottled water.

I don't buy bottled water unless I absolutely have to. The only times I'd consider 'having to' is for a trip that doesn't end by being at home (no place to wash a reusable container) or if I'm out for a while and unexpectedly find myself thirsty. If I'm leaving for the gym or a bike ride I take my reusable bottle with my, filled from the tap with a filter attached.

When I can afford it, I usually buy bottled water now (cheap store brand spring water). I'm supposed to drink a lot of water (kidney stones), and I tend to drink more that way. I don't know why. Well, I guess part of it may be that some people think the reason there are more kidney stones in the deep south is because of the water. I think it has more to do with the humidity and the fact that it totally drains me of energy when the days are hot and humid, but who knows.

I mentioned that my favorite bottled water is Poland Springs. It is my favorite, but I can't afford it, so I go with the cheap stuff. Sometimes I buy the store brand gallon jugs of spring water, which is cheaper yet. When times are the hardest, I keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator. I think I may just need to buy another Brita filter and then the well water would be better. :cool:

about every six weeks i buy the store brand of water.

then i fill them with tap water. my kids and grandkids think the filter is working. it is fun to watch them turn the lever to the filter side. they can't tell the difference, specially if it is cold in bottle from the fridge.

a study in human behavior and the power of suggestion.

yes , i get bored and do stuff like this for fun. bad bad babe.

babe:LOL:

That's funny!

I like our well water (no chlorine, etc.), but sometimes it is a little cloudy. I bought a Brita pitcher and extra filters a few weeks ago. I did a taste test on James with the Brita water and bottled water (store brand spring water). He liked the Brita water best. I do too.

Here in Des Moines our water has been certified pure and some of the best in the nation. And like the person with kidney problems I drink 6 liters of water a day straight out of the tap

I have systems to take care of my drinking water and my water for heat and such. I live on top of lead mines, so we're more careful than most.

First question - Yes. Second question: Our tap water is supposed to be safe, but as it comes from wells, it has a peculiar taste. We buy garafons of purified water (about 5 gallons) from a guy who delivers it to our door. Costs 17 pesos ($1.70). Most people here drink bottled water and there are several different companies that deliver. This time of year, we go through a couple of garafons weekly.

I don't understand bottled water. Many of the environmentalists who are concerned about the environment live on this stuff, than throw the bottle away. Go to your local bicycle store, pick up a few water bottles, run your tap water through a Brita. Bingo, you just made Dasani. And, have nothing to throw away.

Back
Top Bottom