Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We give you thanks VETS...You've made us safe and loved.
kadesma

Veterans - Thank You for keeping America safe.
Civilians - Thank You for remembering.
America - Thank You for giving me my trade

Four years in the USAF

AC

I don't think there is enough thanks in the world to show them all the appreciation I have for them. They give there lives. This is my favorite picture and I post it each time, so poetic and self explanatory. It's not just thanks they need, it's the ability to help them get past what they have endured and have seen and to remember the ones that did make the ultimate sacrifice. God Bless them all!!
img_722633_0_79118d2d786d586aec584775a522a181.jpg

My oldest (8) has been looking forward to veteran's day like it was christmas.
He has signs he made hung all over the house.
HAD to wear cammo pants to school today.
His grandpa was in Vietnam and he's just enamored with it.
I wish he were still here to tell Jake about it.

Thank you to all our Veterans.
:)

my heartfelt thanks to all veterans, especially my dad, a wwii vet.

he was a technical sergeant/medic of the 109th regiment, 28th infantry division.

My father was a scout for the Darby Rangers. He's still alive and I guess there aren't many of them left. He was involved with five major campaigns in WWII, in Europe and in Africa. He told me he joined the Darby Rangers because he was told they got fed better (lol). I guess the govt fibbed a little....
I'm proud of him as I am anyone who serves their country.

This is the first year I've had to work on Remembrance Day. It was a bit weird. On the up side, I got to educate 14 teens about what it means and why they need to be serious in their observance.

My Dad was a WWII vet and I am so proud to share that info with people. The Last Post always brings tears to my eyes.

I just got back from my local American Legion Post and it was a very good time as well as a good celebration of what we did. We had an incredible seafood chowda and some very good services thanks to our great color guard. I have learned so much about community service from my local post that I am addicted to public service. I love to give back to my community, I never regret it. Thanks again for all the thanks.

Regards

Military service gene?

Military service seems to be in our family's genes.

Maternal grandfather --- career US Army
Dad --- US Army, WWII
Uncle George --- Marines, WWII
Uncle James --- Marines, WWII
Cousin Jim --- US Air Force, Korean War
Cousin John --- US Army, peacetime
Me --- US Navy, Vietnam

They all survived their military service.
Uncle George was on Iwo Jima during the entire campaign and wasn't even wounded. A miracle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom