"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
It takes my brother and I about half an hour to force my cat, Burt, into his basket. I am pretty sure he has an extra set of legs (and claws) that come out only when it is basket time.

From the moment he is shoved into it, he starts with the most appalling wailing - to all intents and purposes it sounds like he is the victim of terrible torture. He maintains this hideous and loud wailing in the car, and in the vets' waiting room (which is highly embarrassing), and then he is like a little angel with the vet. As soon as we leave the consulting room, he is back to wailing as loudly as he can and stays that way until we release him at home. (He doesn't come out from behind the sofa until hunger gets the better of him).

The little darling! (I love him to bits of course.)
My little "darlings" were not better than yours!
Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
Proud American

Thank you all for these funny (and often of maddening) stories! Cats are sometimes making us frustrated, but when I look of them, they are very much amazing little ones.

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Thank you all for these funny (and often of maddening) stories! Cats are sometimes making us frustrated, but when I look of them, they are very much amazing little ones.

Your friend,
~Cat
Did your DA already have these cats and the dog CatPat? You seem to have enough to cope with!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Proud American

No. When I arrived here, I do miss my pets at home. We have a dog and three cats I missed very much. DA and Gwen gave me a ride to the pet shelter and I was able to choose my pets. I chose the two kittens and I chose an older dog which was 3 years old.

The dog was to be put away the next day so I took her. She is my very precious Azia.

The two kittens were not the littermates but they do act like they are sisters!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

My granddaughter's Siamese cat Sasha was totally devoted to her. All she had to do was call her and because Sasha trusted her completely, she would go and walk right into the cat carrier for a trip to the vets. No howling, or trying to avoid the whole experience. Now trusting the vet, that was another story of horror. Unfortunately Sasha would get that dreaded clip on her neck. Once the clip came off, she would jump right into my GD's arms. And back into the carrier she would go. Sometimes my GD would take Sasha with her if she was going to make a quick run to the store. Only she wouldn't use the carrier. Sasha would sit on the passenger seat. Dangerous. I was constantly on her case about it. She got the message when she had to slam on the brakes and Sasha went flying into the dashboard. Lesson learned.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #16
Master Chef

My SIL has a diabetic cat. When he first started getting a nightly shot they would put him on a table, her hubby would hold the cat down wearing leather raptor handler gloves, and she would stick the cat. Kitty is now used to it, hops on the table himself, and she gives the shot unassisted.

My cat is a hellion on wheels for me, then acts like a purrfect angel at the vet's. Grrrr...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #17
Proud American

I love these stories! These make me feel as if I am not alone with these cat problems! Oh and some dog problems.

It is late tonight of 2:28 am and Misty and Kali have come from their hiding places to visit me. I am up of late studying and writing in my journal.

They seem to have recovered from their experience today. In the next time of our visit to the vet, I may just use some of the duct tape and to not worry about stuffing them into the crate.

I am joking!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #18
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
My SIL has a diabetic cat. When he first started getting a nightly shot they would put him on a table, her hubby would hold the cat down wearing leather raptor handler gloves, and she would stick the cat. Kitty is now used to it, hops on the table himself, and she gives the shot unassisted.

My cat is a hellion on wheels for me, then acts like a purrfect angel at the vet's. Grrrr...
Rrrrrrrrr! I am of the belief they do this to just embarrass us. But my cats were terrible ones at the veterinarian. I seem to be one of these exceptions.

This may not be a good thing.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

I have found wrapping a cat in a towel and standing the carrier up on its end helps get the cat in the carrier.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I have found wrapping a cat in a towel and standing the carrier up on its end helps get the cat in the carrier.
If I was only bringing Sucha to the vet, I would put her in the pillow case and hold it closed, then put her in the carrier. She didn't mind the carrier. She just didn't like being put in it. She would walk out of the pillow case and not be the least bit upset that she was in the carrier. But, if I tried to put her in it without the pillow case, that little cat could stretch and stiffen her limbs so much it was impossible to get her in. If I had tried using any more force, I would have worried about breaking her bones.