"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Victoria's Secret fashion show is on

Why oh why dont they have a show like this for women to watch? It's so unfair!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Its on right now? Thanks for the heads up Amber, see you tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I've stopped frequenting that store....and take the time to return any fliers they actually send me.

Recently, I was trying to make a bra purchase. I'm an hourglass kinda gal, with a lovely 38D breast size. As I perused what was on a small rack, a young saleswoman approached, asking if I needed help with a size. I am not easily embarrassed so I gave her my size, knowing that most people who shop VS are 34c. She looked at me and said "oh, we don't keep that size on the rack. That size would be in the drawer".

That pretty much did it for me. What a shame for VS, too. I've been known to spend up to $400 on a pretty panty/bra set.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Head Chef

I'm the same size as you, Vera and stopped shopping with them for the same reason. That along with being told that the designs were "too young" for me by one of the sales staff. This was 4 or 5 years ago and I was just getting into my 40s!! They won't be getting my business at any time.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Everymom

Major oops there. Even though they tend to advertise to a younger crowd, its those of us who are in our 30s and up that are willing to spend the $$ for the nice stuff.

Hey, you Victoria's secret people, you reading this?????

I have to say Tyra is enough to turn me off VS. But, here in Canada, we don't have their stores, just the catalogue for men to drool over.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I watched and now I feel fat.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
Head Chef

Don't like VS, no use for the stuff. Now I like VS even less after reading the post here. I sure hope the VS company gets a heads up on what is happening in their stores.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Attention!

Well, one of the guys in the family has close friend who works for company and flies all over country to check on the stores. i cannot tell you her exact title as that is not important to me. In other words, she isn't my friend! I will forward the comments to him and let him do w/it what he wants. She was working as manager of one of the stores locally but received promotion. I am sure she would be interested to hear these comments to improve the business of the store. we are always receiving different things from Victoria Secret. (Sorry but I buy my bras a Target) That way I don't have to go into dressing room and have them tell me if I am not built the way I should be. I appreciate this amber for bringing this topic up as I feel these comments will help her. Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
Hospitality Queen

I'm with all of you gals!
I went in last year, looking around and the saleskid (couldn't have been even 20 yet) asked me what I wanted. I told her that I couldn't find my size. She asked my size and I told her. She had the kahones to tell me I was completely wrong and that the size did not exist. She insisted on measuring me, to prove I was wrong. I let her go ahead and gee whiz (!) I was right. They just don't have my size. She didn't even apologize for being so rude. Rather, she said "dude, that's weird". That's the last time I ever went in. And, Alix is right: we're the ones who will spend the $$$!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
Chief Eating Officer

I just read their catalog for the articles.