Victoria's Secret fashion show is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Why oh why dont they have a show like this for women to watch? It's so unfair!:LOL:

:shock: Its on right now? Thanks for the heads up Amber, see you tomorrow.:chef:

I've stopped frequenting that store....and take the time to return any fliers they actually send me.

Recently, I was trying to make a bra purchase. I'm an hourglass kinda gal, with a lovely 38D breast size. As I perused what was on a small rack, a young saleswoman approached, asking if I needed help with a size. I am not easily embarrassed so I gave her my size, knowing that most people who shop VS are 34c. She looked at me and said "oh, we don't keep that size on the rack. That size would be in the drawer".

That pretty much did it for me. What a shame for VS, too. I've been known to spend up to $400 on a pretty panty/bra set.

I'm the same size as you, Vera and stopped shopping with them for the same reason. That along with being told that the designs were "too young" for me by one of the sales staff. This was 4 or 5 years ago and I was just getting into my 40s!! They won't be getting my business at any time.

Major oops there. Even though they tend to advertise to a younger crowd, its those of us who are in our 30s and up that are willing to spend the $$ for the nice stuff.

Hey, you Victoria's secret people, you reading this?????

I have to say Tyra is enough to turn me off VS. But, here in Canada, we don't have their stores, just the catalogue for men to drool over.

Don't like VS, no use for the stuff. Now I like VS even less after reading the post here. I sure hope the VS company gets a heads up on what is happening in their stores.

Attention!

Well, one of the guys in the family has close friend who works for company and flies all over country to check on the stores. i cannot tell you her exact title as that is not important to me. In other words, she isn't my friend! I will forward the comments to him and let him do w/it what he wants. She was working as manager of one of the stores locally but received promotion. I am sure she would be interested to hear these comments to improve the business of the store. we are always receiving different things from Victoria Secret. (Sorry but I buy my bras a Target) That way I don't have to go into dressing room and have them tell me if I am not built the way I should be. I appreciate this amber for bringing this topic up as I feel these comments will help her. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm with all of you gals!
I went in last year, looking around and the saleskid (couldn't have been even 20 yet) asked me what I wanted. I told her that I couldn't find my size. She asked my size and I told her. She had the kahones to tell me I was completely wrong and that the size did not exist. She insisted on measuring me, to prove I was wrong. I let her go ahead and gee whiz (!) I was right. They just don't have my size. She didn't even apologize for being so rude. Rather, she said "dude, that's weird". That's the last time I ever went in. And, Alix is right: we're the ones who will spend the $$$!

Sheila put together a wishlist on their website for Christmas gift ideas...

:brows: :angel: :brows:

John

I love to watch the Victoria's Fashion Show on television. I do buy some of their bras and camis.

I enjoy reading their catalog which I get many times a year. I have ordered from the catalog and am always happy with my choices.

MJ, GB, ronjohn...:LOL:

Actually, my point was why dont they have these fashion shows with men so us woman can watch! All in light hearted fun of course :)

Flourgirl, I'm with you, I felt fat after watching that show too! Obviously some of those outfits would never be worn by any woman such as the one with wings :LOL: Seemed like most of the models were nervous they would fall down from the height of their pumps and the weight of the wings on their back:ohmy:

I'm with all of you ladies here about your frustrations with VS and their sizing. They cater to tiny people! Which to me are young girls. For instance, my daughter (age 15) asked about a gift certificate to VS, and I said no, it's lingerie for woman not young girls, and then she told me they have a line of under garments for younger people! Wholly ****! This doesnt come as a total shock seeing as everywhere you go you see young girls wearing g-strings that hang out of their pants, but not on my daughter!

In The Kitchen....definately mention the above comments by myself and the other woman with regards to sizes for the average woman who is not a size 2 and a 32-34 B. Also that they promote sales to younger and younger girls who would actually fit these sizes! Dove brand of products, now promotes a healthier view of woman, so that younger girls and woman do not feel the need to be "skinny" and "perfect".

I can honestly say I never had a problem shopping at VS - My only peeve is the cost of their products - also - very few people look like their models - I prefer to buy my intimate wear at stores that have the same type product but at 1/2 the cost!!!!

Last edited:
I agree, half the price for the same item! They charge way too much for simple under garments.

mudbug said:
fess up, Johnny boy -- you mean you put together a list!

Nope, it was all her doing. Not exaclty the items I would have picked, though... :angel:

Does Frederiks of Hollywood still have a catalog? :wacko: :ROFLMAO: :wacko:

John

ronjohn55 said:
Nope, it was all her doing. Not exaclty the items I would have picked, though... :angel:

Does Frederiks of Hollywood still have a catalog? :wacko: :ROFLMAO: :wacko:

John

Yep. They sure do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom