Victory for Sharks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or just cut off all their limbs, throw them in the water and let them swim.

Yes. The whole industry makes me mad. I remember a guy here who was very proud of his dozens of cans of shark fins. I felt bad for him, apparently he didn't understand how they were obtained.

Now that both local and imported shark fins are illegal in the US, that's a good start.

After the movie Jaws was released, thousand up thousand of White Sharks were killed. And one of the side industries of this action was the sale of the fins. Suddenly fishermen found a way to make their hobby pay for itself. The numbers of White Sharks plummeted to a dangerous level. A ban was put on them and fortunately they have recovered. Now with the ban of all shark killing for fins alone, perhaps the ocean will be a little bit more balanced for all animals that call it home.

And with the increase of the White Shark and with the return of the seals on Cape Cod, we will also see the return of the White Shark for their favorite meal. They follow the seals.

I for one like to see the seals return each year. And it only goes with the return of the sharks. It tells me that a little corner of the world I live in is all right. A seal was spotted this past week in that area. Sorry beach goers. There is an extremely large and long area of beach you can go to where it will be safe to swim. Or you can just sun and play on the beach and watch both animals do what they do best. :angel:

I can understand using the whole animal to eat, though for the life of me I don't understand eating a fish that pees through its skin, but to take off all its fins while it's still alive, and then throw it back to drown and die a hideous death...

Many sharks are endangered. Hopefully we can bring some back. I love finding my little nurse sharks when we go snorkeling, they hide under rocks and coral, and are so cute.

Last edited:
I can understand using the whole animal to eat, though for the life of me I don't understand eating a fish that pees through its skin, but to take off all its fins while it's still alive, and then throw it back to drown and die a hideous death...

Many sharks are endangered. Hopefully we can bring some back. I love finding my little nurse sharks, they hide under rocks and coral, and are so cute.

Not all sharks are man eaters. And if the truth is to be known, White Sharks prefer fish over humans. :wacko: I would be more leery of Tiger or Bull Sharks. Those don't care what they eat. :angel:

Exactly. My sweet little nurse sharks and whale sharks certainly top the list.

Back
Top Bottom