Video of cat saving little boy from dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding the mom in the cat video, apparently she chased the dog away after checking on her son, as the dog was still lurking on the other side of the car and she was afraid he would come back for a second round. The dog's owner was in the yard next door, the direction that she ran. I imagine she was also yelling at the owner to get control of the dog. No one was aware that the cat had been involved until they later watched the surveillance video.

That was a typical "girl cat" reaction to a threat. They go fast, hit hard and get the heck out of the way. Boy cats stand around and yell and snarl and hiss and make a big production out of things before getting down to business. Usually. There are always exceptions.

We've had cats (and the occasional dog) all of my life and its only since we got married that I've had my own dog. We had friends say they were more afraid of our kitties than our dog when I was a kid. Attack cats. Do NOT mess with the kids or you would feel the wrath of Claw. I wasn't surprised by the video, but if that were my cat it would be dining on fresh tuna every night for the rest of her life.

Wonder what is happening with the dog? Seemed like an unprovoked attack, I hope it hadn't been abused or anything. Likely the poor thing will be put down.

That makes sense, about the "girl cat" reaction. Lots of male animals fight for territory and/or mating rights. Bluff and threat are better than risking damage in a fight. Often the winner of a fight is also injured.

But, most of the time when a female animal is fighting, it's for her life or her young. That's serious business. It's worth the risk of injury.

That's been my experience. I remember watching our big fat Maine Coon rip out the front door, slam broadside into our male cat and the neighbor's cat who were screeching cat swears at each other, smack the crap out of the neighbor's cat and send it running home and then calmly walk back into the house. Our boy kitty kind of sat there at the edge of the lawn going, "What the?"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom