Vietnamese Restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lolz, I'm not the one with the angry tone. I'm over here having a conversation and someone else is calling my suggestion idiotic. Learn to discern ;)

I've also noticed that you've picked up bucky's habit of getting your kicks out of demeaning me, so, I'll take your suggestions with the requisite handful of salt. Tks anyway.

Last edited:
Touched a nerve, sorry , didn't mean to. Only thing bt and I have in common is a bit of humour. Have a nice day.

Russ

lolz, I'm not the one with the angry tone. I'm over here having a conversation and someone else is calling my suggestion idiotic. Learn to discern ;)

I've also noticed that you've picked up bucky's habit of getting your kicks out of demeaning me, so, I'll take your suggestions with the requisite handful of salt. Tks anyway.

I don't want to be known as correcting anyone but, I thinks its a pinch or grain of salt.. ;)

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/take+with+a+pinch+of+salt
Ross

Why do you think that's true of Asian cuisine rather than, say, French or Italian?

Italian and French cuisines are long established in this country. Vietnamese and Korean, not so much, even though Vietnamsee cuisine is influenced by French cuisine. Also, because of the general expectation that French food is probably going to be expensive, and the fact that mom and pop Italian places, as well as high end Italian places have been around a long time.

Last edited:
I don't have much experience with Vietnamese restaurants, but my next door neighbors are Vietnamese and every now and then they host a family dinner in their back yard.

The aroma coming over the fence just kills me - in a good way. :yum:

To quote Good Will Hunting: "If I asked you about art, you’d probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life’s work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I’ll bet you can’t tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You’ve never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling."

Oh, oh, oh... I have. I don't recall what it smells like.

CD

Oh, oh, oh... I have. I don't recall what it smells like.

CD
I have, too. And I spent at least half an hour gazing in admiration at David. Highly recommend "The Agony and the Ecstasy," if you like Michelangelo and like to read.

What it smells like? Who cares? I remember how the artwork made me feel and that's what artwork is for. For me. It may be different for you and her and him and that's okay.

Last edited:
That completely misses the point, which was a quote from the movie. But the idea of discrimination being the reason for Joel being unable to find a restaurant to his liking is so ridiculous that I guess misdirection is good way out.

Back
Top Bottom